Prayut denies political ambition, urges new university

Lite Beer

I don't understand the negative comments....

No one remember the previous premiers?

Yingluck: silly and with corrupt cronies causing 1 trillion damage

Abhisit: Weakling

Somchai: coward without any ideas........

Samak: Corrupt liar who didn't do anything

Thaksin: who made the censorship on internet, calls himself Bushs best friend, corrupt to the bone and 3000 death in his war against drugs (with confirmed 1500 complete unrelated deaths)

In compare is Prayut an angle.

OK he isn't the smartest, but out of the 5 only Thaksin and Abhisit were smarter. And at least he tries to make things right.

In a sense you are correct , Thailand has not been blessed with capable leadership. The good general looks feeble at the best of times.

Is there any proof of Thaksin ordering the deaths of those men ? Heard the rumor several times, but have not read anything substantive .

Not direct, but he was boosting about the heavy hand and his great war against drugs. And 3000 aren't killed over night. After a few hundred deaths someone would say it goes out of hand we must stop it and make a different approach, but instead he was proud of it. There are also tons of corruption cases.

Actually at the beginning of his first term he might have been the best PM of Thailand, smart and not accepting any resistance. But than it really went into his head and he acted as he owns Thailand.....(called himself the CEO of Thailand)

"I have ideas to set up a new-concept university for studies in |sufficiency economy."

Considering the Junta's massive failures in economic policies that has and will continue to weaken Thailand's economy, Prayut would have a better chance to establish a university for clowns. It would have better credibility and a whole army of soldiers who could qualify.

sufficiency economy is simply a buzzword for keeping the poor poor.

Sufficiency economy is a word invented by somone who will not be discussed, and has since been copied by everyone in power, as being the magic word.

It is the ultimative solution for smaller companies and farmers. But it is not magic, just applied common sense.

"I have ideas to set up a new-concept university for studies in |sufficiency economy."

Considering the Junta's massive failures in economic policies that has and will continue to weaken Thailand's economy, Prayut would have a better chance to establish a university for clowns. It would have better credibility and a whole army of soldiers who could qualify.

Spot on!!

And the informed posters will know, who the mastermind is................................coffee1.gif

Sufficiency economy is a word invented by somone who will not be discussed, and has since been copied by everyone in power, as being the magic word.

It is the ultimative solution for smaller companies and farmers. But it is not magic, just applied common sense.

Why you not enter Sufficiency Economy in Google, and look at what results you get.

• Like 1

Thaksin: who made the censorship on internet, calls himself Bushs best friend, corrupt to the bone and 3000 death in his war against drugs (with confirmed 1500 complete unrelated deaths)

OK he isn't the smartest, but out of the 5 only Thaksin and Abhisit were smarter. And at least he tries to make things right.

Don't worry too much, it's nearly over. You won't have to grasp at too many more straws trying to defend this buffoon his time is almost up.

yes....1 year, than one of your heroes will be bought into power and I bet all I have he/she won't be better than the General. Best one might be the quality of Samak. Maybe Thaksins other sister....a bit smarter than Yingluck (well who isn't?) but less beautiful and it is said that she is one of the most greedy in the clan and there is a lot competition.....

yes....1 year, than one of your heroes will be bought into power and I bet all I have he/she won't be better than the General.

Indeed he will not be better than the General, but he will also be not worse, because he will be the general.

Don't worry too much, it's nearly over. You won't have to grasp at too many more straws trying to defend this buffoon his time is almost up.

yes....1 year, than one of your heroes will be bought into power and I bet all I have he/she won't be better than the General. Best one might be the quality of Samak. Maybe Thaksins other sister....a bit smarter than Yingluck (well who isn't?) but less beautiful and it is said that she is one of the most greedy in the clan and there is a lot competition.....

bought into power? the word you're looking for is elected. even with the rigged constitution, my gut feeling is that this time the people have had enough of the military once and for all and will give Thaksin more than 50% of the vote meaning even with the rigged system ptp will be back in charge, governing in their own right without the need for coalition partners. hahahaha another wasted coup

bought into power? the word you're looking for is elected. even with the rigged constitution, my gut feeling is that this time the people have had enough of the military once and for all and will give Thaksin more than 50% of the vote meaning even with the rigged system ptp will be back in charge, governing in their own right without the need for coalition partners. hahahaha another wasted coup

full scale vote buying as always.......The richest wins the election and this will be Thaksin. Banharn will do it in his area. Demokrates will do it in areas which aren't sure win. Thaksin will win.

That is the reason why I don't care if the general rules. Because it doesn't matter much if the richest oligarch buys the power or the general takes with the tanks.

The only good thing on Thaksin: With buying the old communists to make his red shirt propaganda some people after a while started to get independent opinions of politics and got more resistant to vote buying.

But well what does it help if there is no single party without vote buying? Voting for the Democrates? They had a chance before and failed

full scale vote buying as always.......The richest wins the election and this will be Thaksin. Banharn will do it in his area. Demokrates will do it in areas which aren't sure win. Thaksin will win.

That is the reason why I don't care if the general rules. Because it doesn't matter much if the richest oligarch buys the power or the general takes with the tanks.

The only good thing on Thaksin: With buying the old communists to make his red shirt propaganda some people after a while started to get independent opinions of politics and got more resistant to vote buying.

But well what does it help if there is no single party without vote buying? Voting for the Democrates? They had a chance before and failed

get real, vote buying is a non event as far as effecting the outcome of elections. the reason you should care about the generals stealing power is because it guarantees that there will be more conflicts, deaths and economic ruin in bangkok. the people want democracy, this genie can never be put back in the bottle

• Like 1

The "gathering" sounds like a Public Relations (PR) stunt. Everytime he asked a question (the questions sound rhetorical more than actual), someone in the audience shouts out an answer "on cue". So obvious.

Kinda similar to a punch and judy show, but without the impromptu scenes.
  • Like 2

get real, vote buying is a non event as far as effecting the outcome of elections. the reason you should care about the generals stealing power is because it guarantees that there will be more conflicts, deaths and economic ruin in bangkok. the people want democracy, this genie can never be put back in the bottle

So you are saying Thaksin is just wasting his money....because they would vote for him anyway....That seems to be very silly from him.....Of course vote buying works else no one would do it.

And recall when Thaksin changed the laws so everyone can see who you vote for and made the rubber stamps, so it is easier to cheat....

The "gathering" sounds like a Public Relations (PR) stunt. Everytime he asked a question (the questions sound rhetorical more than actual), someone in the audience shouts out an answer "on cue". So obvious.

Punch and Judy with a bit of Brer Rabbit thrown in for good measure...

• Like 2

So you are saying Thaksin is just wasting his money....because they would vote for him anyway....That seems to be very silly from him.....Of course vote buying works else no one would do it.

And recall when Thaksin changed the laws so everyone can see who you vote for and made the rubber stamps, so it is easier to cheat....

if vote buying worked the unpopular elites would engage in it, after all they are the ones with all the money. vote buying does not work. thaksin is not even in the top 5 richest thais. suthep raised a fortune when he was out in the street with his pdrc army, if vote buying worked suthep would be pm, vote buying does not work. the generals have access to billions of baht in military budgets, if vote buying worked there would be no need for coups in thailand. vote buying does not work. thaksin is popular and would win an election held in thailand, this is a fact. thaksin is popular and will most likely get enough votes even in the upcoming rigged election to win outright. the problem with thai democracy is not that thaksin is so popular the problem is that the democrats are so unpopular, making them an extremely weak opposition. there would be none of the trouble there is today if the democrats simply focused on doing their job better instead of trying to drag thaksin down to their level.

• Like 2

if vote buying worked the unpopular elites would engage in it, after all they are the ones with all the money. vote buying does not work. thaksin is not even in the top 5 richest thais. suthep raised a fortune when he was out in the street with his pdrc army, if vote buying worked suthep would be pm, vote buying does not work. the generals have access to billions of baht in military budgets, if vote buying worked there would be no need for coups in thailand. vote buying does not work. thaksin is popular and would win an election held in thailand, this is a fact. thaksin is popular and will most likely get enough votes even in the upcoming rigged election to win outright. the problem with thai democracy is not that thaksin is so popular the problem is that the democrats are so unpopular, making them an extremely weak opposition. there would be none of the trouble there is today if the democrats simply focused on doing their job better instead of trying to drag thaksin down to their level.

One thing you seem to forget in your election-speech for Thaksin.

He is a wanted fugitive with time to serve and plenty of cases waiting for him in the courts!!

So it is unlikely, that he will contest any election any time soon....................coffee1.gif

Spot on!!

And the informed posters will know, who the mastermind is................................coffee1.gif

This fits perfectly. Search wikidepia for "Sufficiency Economy" and you will be re-directed to Localism in Thailand. Here is an Extract from the Localism in Thailand page :
"The contradictions are massive. For the wealthy, SE means that they can enjoy their wealth so long as they do so within their means. For the poor, the advice is to make do. In class terms, SE becomes an ideology to justify inequalities.[11]"
During one economic forum, he (Prayuth) suggested that rubber farmers should “sell their product on Mars” to reduce their stockpile of rubber. He also told the poor to alleviate household debt “by stopping shopping”.
  • Like 2

... And which no-one has paid the blindest bit of notice to in actuality...

One thing you seem to forget in your election-speech for Thaksin.

He is a wanted fugitive with time to serve and plenty of cases waiting for him in the courts!!

So it is unlikely, that he will contest any election any time soon....................coffee1.gif

after your coffee, find a dictionary and look up proxy.

• Like 1

I'd rather say absolutely abused, rather than just simply copied....

Was here during the "war against drugs". One of my neighbours was taken out. You have a short memory if you cannot recall this was supported in the senate by all political parties. Only became an issue when the opposition were trying to remove TS from office. Politicians are the same everywhere in the world. They are constantly changing facts and history to suit their own agenda. Not much different to a lot of posters here on TV I guess.

Maybe the General will get picked up by the Thai film industry as a ghost writer of fictitious plots. He has a big imagination, always coming up with new twists to his regime and presenting them to the public. I can see his first movie plot, 'I did it My Way', and followed by, '12 Core Values' then, 'I have the power to shoot you'.

So he wants a new University? The General Prayut University for the Politically Challenged?

Sufficiency economy is a Thai developed strategy;-all members of the nation - especially officials, intellectuals and business people - need to develop their mental commitment to the importance of knowledge, integrity and honesty, and to conduct their lives with perseverance, toleration, wisdom and insight, so that the country has the strength and balance to respond to the rapid and widespread changes in economy, society, environment and culture in the outside world. This strategy was developed by the King?

"I didn't come here for a political campaign. I have no political party."

Who need a political party (and votes) when you have martial law??whistling.gif

or when the new constitution allows for an unelected PM....

he won't run for office, ... he'll be "invited back" wink.png

• Like 1

hasn't he already established that university? His minister for morality just graduated with honours.

"I didn't come here for a political campaign. I have no political party."

Who need a political party (and votes) when you have martial law??whistling.gif

or when the new constitution allows for an unelected PM....

he won't run for office, ... he'll be "invited back" wink.png

He has absolute power and doesn't need to run, he has already won. He has the power to execute all that stand against him.

gives Somchia his driver something to do instead of sleeping in the car
  • Like 1

Rather pathetic when apologists best response to outrageous statements is "maybe he was joking....." I wonder if same things were said while Hitler was consolidating power in Germany. "He can't really be serious about that", "Yes, but look at all the good he has done, politics was so messy before", etc etc

"I insist that I don't want to be a politician but I cannot stay away" while the country is in trouble. No one dare point out he is adding fuel to the fire. Absence of unrest does not mean unrest is absent. Or something like that...