Thai Tourist Police crack down on 'the colored'

webfact

Police crack down on 'the colored'
By Coconuts Bangkok

bc1.jpg

BANGKOK: - Tourist police sweeped through the Nana and Pratunam areas last night to target “colored people,” detaining 72 clearly guilty of having black skin for drug tests.

Saying they were acting on complaints of black people abusing drugs and “deceiving Thai women,” over 80 police officers were sent to hunt down and round up the darker-skinned people found around Sukhumvit sois 3 to 13, Petchaburi and Ratchaprarop roads.

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people," police Lt. Col. Bawornpop Sutornreka said at a news conference.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/04/01/police-crack-down-colored

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-04-01

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should do for everyone, why to profile based on the color.

If race is motive, look like Thai police needs a color blind test first!

Didn't take long for someone to use the race card.

They have every right to target the Africans. They hardly come here to open legit businesses.

detaining 72 clearly guilty of having black skin for drug tests.

'coloured' people?

who writes this stuff? they are not a journalist that's for sure.

who edited this piece? no professional editor would allow this to print.

Thin skin.

detaining 72 clearly guilty of having black skin for drug tests.

'coloured' people?

who writes this stuff? they are not a journalist that's for sure.

who edited this piece? no professional editor would allow this to print.

Who edited your English?

Forget about the skin thing.

These guys have crossed the line and just don't know when to back off.

They are getting too cocky and now the locals have to go in and clean them out.

I've always said that Thais work better with a shovel than a spade.

Because they are gangs of Nigerian drug dealers.

You see many white Nigerian drug dealers on soi 3?

Edited by pedro01

I lived on Sukhumvit Soi 5 back in 2007. This is not new. Every 5 to 6 weeks the police would sweep up dozens for drugs, forgery, pumping, counterfeiting, overstay, etc. around Soi 3/1.

Anyone who has not witnessed these folks in action really have no standing for their indignation. It doesn't matter the color of the skin. Law abiding visitors and citizens need protection from these criminals.

the poor BIB from Lumphini, I guess they got forced to shoot themselves in the foot or was this done by the municipal police? My guess is the latter as the Lumphini BIB have been letting these scumbags operate their drug and scam rings from this area for decades with impunity.

You will be hard pressed to see one of these drug peddling vermin on the East side of Asoke as Thonglor BIB won't tolerate them.

Round them up, kick them the hell out or throw them in jail here. Then do the same to the BIB that have been profiting from them all this time!!!

Racial profiling and racism is for the ignorant. This clearly shows just how racist Thai society is. How and why they ever signed the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights is beyond me.

Considering my work which is internet based there is without question a problem with Nigerians but certainly not every Nigerian on the planet and therefore to target these people is again a pure act of racism.

Funny how the Thai women complain of being scammed. They should consider that it takes a special type of person to be scammed ... A) the very stupid and; B) the very greedy.

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people"

Wow! Back home the good colonel's career would have been over in less time than it took him to utter that sentence. Just saying...

Edited by fstarbkk

They have every right to target the Africans. They hardly come here to open legit businesses.

And you know this how?

How is it wrong to say colored? Should be say black? Oh... Africans? No no no... Let's call them Farangs.

It's not that it's wrong, it's the connotations the word has. Historically it comes from a time where being white was considered normal- and people who weren't white were viewed as lesser human beings- lumping all non-white ethnicities into one . (Which is why there's the contradiction in the term itself- that white isn't somehow a colour).

It's not about political correctness either, before somebody drags out that lazy phrase. It's just about not being a dick.

How can someone be clearly guilty of having black skin. I didn't know being a black person was a crime.

Well you are guilty of having black skin if you have black skin. You simply do. There is no crime in being black unless you are a criminal... Do you want to take a stroll on Soi 3?

A little walk in the neighborhood in question might answer some of your questions??

Do you also find it offensive that people dressed like jihadists are targeted by airport security??

i bet you never take any arab airline like Etihad, Emirate.... if so i hope you asked them to check all the people with keffieh...

Just go walk around these areas and keep a score (the teams being Africans vs. non-Africans) on your phone every time you are offered drugs, then publish the result.

Sounds like some typical racist BS. But that said, still better than the US, at least here I would just get rounded up, piss in a cup and be on my way, Stateside the cops would shoot me and say the felt threatened. And look at some of the bigoted posts here. I wish you guys would wear special hats or something to let people know that you're racist scum.

More good news. You guys can play the racism card all you want, fortunately Thais and Thailand could not care less about such matters. Fact is the vast majority of drug dealers etc. in the mentioned area are black, hence it makes lots of sense to go after black people.

As a sidenote, most of the mentioned black people in that area are here illegally as well, which I am sure the police will find out once they check their passports and missing workpermits.

And you know this how?

Don't see a flurry of African eateries or specialized African shops.

I've yet to meet one that wasn't dealing or scamming people here so I'm speaking from my personal observations.