Thai Tourist Police crack down on 'the colored'

webfact

How can someone be clearly guilty of having black skin. I didn't know being a black person was a crime.

Lets put it another way. Having received 5000 complaints about criminal activity by black people

And 5 complaints about criminal activity by white people,

the obvious "suspects" would a good place to start the investigation, no????

Have a nice day

Bad Tony The President of the Not Politically Correct Society

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is never right to arrest people based on colour alone.

Agreed.... In the crack down was based primarily on location and nationality...

My guess (and its only a guess) is that a Black Guy from the USA wouldn't have been arrested in this crack down... I could be wrong....

In this specific 'crack down' BiB were looking for a certain profile - This profile includes, nationality (Nigerian), location (Soi 3), Behaviour (loitering)... Again, I could be wrong, but, we don't live in a world where criminals are clearly identifiable, thus the BiB have had little choice but to Generalise.... In Bangkok the lax law enforcement has offered an additional level of confidence such that some are so brazen they make no attempts to hide unlawful behaviour...

No one complains about a 'crack down' on Unauthorised Thai Street Vendors selling knock off products (which also occurs periodically nearby (examples below 2012 / 2015).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/552114-bangkok-to-crack-down-on-unauthorized-street-vendors/

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/crackdown-on-bangkok-street-stalls-as-pedestrians-vie-for-space/33621/

Edited by richard_smith237

How can someone be clearly guilty of having black skin. I didn't know being a black person was a crime.

Lets put it another way. Having received 5000 complaints about criminal activity by black people

Have a nice day

Yes, nearly all white people are angelic. Witness the Russian invasion of the Ukraine, the Bosnian cleansing, the wonderful work of the Hells Angels, the Russian mobs, the Italian mafia, the US politicians, the Thai politicians. And of course we have the lovely work of Stalin, Hitler, Himmler, Alexander the Great and all those other kind and helpful white people. Yes, those white people are always good and kind.

Have a nice day

Yes, nearly all white people are angelic. Witness the Russian invasion of the Ukraine, the Bosnian cleansing, the wonderful work of the Hells Angels, the Russian mobs, the Italian mafia, the US politicians, the Thai politicians. And of course we have the lovely work of Stalin, Hitler, Himmler, Alexander the Great and all those other kind and helpful white people. Yes, those white people are always good and kind.

This has to be one of the lacking in intellect responses to this interesting debate so far.....

How many of the above (highlighted) live in Thailand?

Just the Russian criminals, who, are also profiled and targeted in BiB crack downs, mainly in Pattaya where they are well known for their criminal activity.

This thread is about the Crack Down on Soi 3 - and the fact that the BiB have targeted Black People who hang around the area and are generally up to no good.

No one is arguing that White People, Westerners, Farangs (whatever word may be chosen when attempting to turn this into a racial rather than a profiling argument) also behave incredibly poorly - however, in this area, the BiB have profiled with generalisation... In this area, at this time, they are profiling for Nigerian criminals... For the most part (I'm guessing) that those who they have 'arrested' are or have been up to no good....

No, this thread is about the racism of the BIB by choosing colour over evidence as a cause to arrest people.

From OP

"First things first, remember that we don't know if they're guilty"

Edited by Bluespunk

It is simply strange, how in a nation that has such a high number of dark skinned people, the adoration of white, and the demonization of black, is so prevalent. Is it a form of self loathing? Or is it simply media brainwashing? If you ever want to blow a Thai persons mind, just say "black is beautiful, white is bad".

Have a nice day

What an impressive, if irrelevant and unfocused, recitation! OK, so now please explain how all that blinding brilliance has anything whatsoever to do with RTP efforts to clean up Soi 3, which I believe is actually what Tony was talking about?

Have a nice day

What an impressive, if irrelevant and unfocused, recitation! OK, so now please explain how all that blinding brilliance has anything whatsoever to do with RTP efforts to clean up Soi 3, which I believe is actually what Tony was talking about?

Yes I was generalizing and yes I was rambling. Not unusual! But I was referring to the general scapegoating. Want to clean up soi 3? Get the corrupt cops out of there. Try real law enforcement. Work on the Thai hawkers. Arrest the local drug dealers. Crack down on some of the bar owners. Yes some of the guys they are targeting are engaged in unsavory activities. But it feels lazy and convenient, as far as solutions go.