Prawit insists NCPO will strictly follow the roadmap to democracy

webfact

Prawit insists NCPO will strictly follow the roadmap to democracy

PNPOL580408001000801_08042015_043627.jpg

BANGKOK, 8 April 2015 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwon has insisted the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) will strictly follow the road map to restoring democracy while the constitutional drafting process should run in line with the scheduled timeframe.

His reiteration was made in response to a prediction by Chiang Mai-based political fortune teller Warin Buawiratlert who indicated that Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha would stay in power for up to three years. He said the Prime Minister himself had always emphasized he would stick to its roadmap; so nothing should be worried about.

Gen Prawit also assured that the executive order Section 44 of the interim constitution, used in place of the martial law, would be exercised without aims to attack anybody in particular, but to keep the country in order as well as facilitate the national reform process. Gen Prawit, also Defence Minister, said the matter had been made clear to foreign diplomats and representatives of international organizations in a briefing on Tuesday led by Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-Ngam.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-08 footer_n.gif

Umm...there's just one little problem. The PM is a confirmed liar.

....... like his repeated assertions that he had no wish to be involved in politics and that there would be no coup.

Edited by DNPBC0
  • Like 1

Does that mean dep PM and his other job gives him 2 salaries? If so guessing PM gets 3 salaries I'm not saying bring in foreigners but don't let someone "cook the books" - UK have have been doing it for years leave government then become whatever position in firm and if in favour you get contract - No different than LOS - then bring in the families for finance that need calculators not brains or common sense or paper and pen when the lights go out (in their head)? ???

The fortune teller is getting some free press. Do most of the military boys go to get their tea cup read?

'Gen Prawit also assured that the executive order Section 44 of the interim constitution, used in place of the martial law, would be exercised without aims to attack anybody in particular, but to keep the country in order as well as facilitate the national reform process.'

So they won't go after the mates of the tall guy from Chiang Mai anymore? Yeah right. Isn't 44 designed to do this with impunity?

Why does the Thai military always start a roadmap to democracy by tearing up the Thai Constitution and overthrowing a democratically-elected government? Because the military wants to preserve its absolute power that bypasses Thai sovereignty.

Why does the Thai military insist on the deception of using the term "democracy" in its so-called roadmap for what is clearly a draft charter that will impose an oligarchy shadow government on any elected government? It is because democracy encourages freedom of the Thai people to chose their inalienable rights and liberties over the military's need for absolute control.

The Junta's roadmap is nothing more than a Candy Land Game where players (ie., elected governments) cannot make choices, just follow directions of the cards given to them.

After what you Thai people did with democracy when it was given to you the last time, it seems to me that you need to be given directions to follow - otherwise you just start stealing the Nation's wealth like bad schoolboys loose in your Candy Land Game.

Your first lesson is to learn to put the blame where it belongs so that you can then start to address it in the second lesson. You are still a long way from the pass mark for lesson 1.

(Only joking : I am confident you know the answer to lesson #1, but you can't help the gross hypocrisy common to all red-shirts when telling different version of the truth suits them better. Maybe lesson 1 should be "Get a conscience.").

Why does the Thai military always start a roadmap to democracy by tearing up the Thai Constitution and overthrowing a democratically-elected government? Because the military wants to preserve its absolute power that bypasses Thai sovereignty.

Why does the Thai military insist on the deception of using the term "democracy" in its so-called roadmap for what is clearly a draft charter that will impose an oligarchy shadow government on any elected government? It is because democracy encourages freedom of the Thai people to chose their inalienable rights and liberties over the military's need for absolute control.

The Junta's roadmap is nothing more than a Candy Land Game where players (ie., elected governments) cannot make choices, just follow directions of the cards given to them.

After what you Thai people did with democracy when it was given to you the last time, it seems to me that you need to be given directions to follow - otherwise you just start stealing the Nation's wealth like bad schoolboys loose in your Candy Land Game.

Your first lesson is to learn to put the blame where it belongs so that you can then start to address it in the second lesson. You are still a long way from the pass mark for lesson 1.

(Only joking : I am confident you know the answer to lesson #1, but you can't help the gross hypocrisy common to all red-shirts when telling different version of the truth suits them better. Maybe lesson 1 should be "Get a conscience.").

By "stealing the Nation's wealth", are you referring to the tendency of elected governments to shift a small part of government spending outside of Bangkok and towards the rest of Thailand?

By "stealing the Nation's wealth", are you referring to the tendency of elected governments to shift a small part of government spending outside of Bangkok and towards the rest of Thailand?

You mean like the larger part of 700++ billion from the RPPs which went to the 'right' people?

Anyway, with all additional demands put on the PM it should not surprise that things take a wee bit longer. That's even without having a magic wand.

You mean like the larger part of 700++ billion from the RPPs which went to the 'right' people?

Anyway, with all additional demands put on the PM it should not surprise that things take a wee bit longer. That's even without having a magic wand.

No, I was referring to the fact that government investment went from being 90% directed to Bangkok in 2000 to 72% directed to Bangkok in 2012. That is still too much focus on Bangkok, but the majority of the country was happy to have a government a little less concerned with Bangkok's needs and a little more interested in the rest of Thailand. Of course this shift outraged people in Bangkok, which is why the Bangkok crowd wants to make sure Thailand won't have government chosen by the majority again.

The self-appointed PM does have a magic wand, it's called Article 44. That's all the unchecked power that could be put in his hands.

No, I was referring to the fact that government investment went from being 90% directed to Bangkok in 2000 to 72% directed to Bangkok in 2012. That is still too much focus on Bangkok, but the majority of the country was happy to have a government a little less concerned with Bangkok's needs and a little more interested in the rest of Thailand. Of course this shift outraged people in Bangkok, which is why the Bangkok crowd wants to make sure Thailand won't have government chosen by the majority again.

The self-appointed PM does have a magic wand, it's called Article 44. That's all the unchecked power that could be put in his hands.

Terribly sorry, of course you didn't mean that.

Anyway with more than 50% of Bangkok's population currently on holiday to visit family or so, may I

"Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwon has insisted the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) will strictly follow the road map to restoring democracy while the constitutional drafting process should run in line with the scheduled timeframe."

If only the previous govt adhered to democratic rule (yes, yes the did respect 1 principle out of 15) then we would not be here today.

Once again djjamie is referencing his secret 15 principles to justify a military coup against an elected government. I hope he realizes that he is seen as a joke.

• Like 1

Restoring democracy wouldn't be necessary if he hadn't broken democracy to begin with.

What democracy? Thailand's I come from an election IS not democracy. The real thing has checks and balances which work!

There was an elected government that attempted to hold new elections when it was toppled by the military. Just because you didn't like the government doesn't mean it was undemocratic.

There were many problems with the checks and balances in the 2007 constitution written by the military after the 2006 coup, but that wasn't the elected government's fault. The failure of the last military constitution doesn't leave me hopeful that the next military constitution will lead to a better democracy.

Restoring democracy wouldn't be necessary if he hadn't broken democracy to begin with.

What democracy? Thailand's I come from an election IS not democracy. The real thing has checks and balances which work!

There was an elected government that attempted to hold new elections when it was toppled by the military. Just because you didn't like the government doesn't mean it was undemocratic.

There were many problems with the checks and balances in the 2007 constitution written by the military after the 2006 coup, but that wasn't the elected government's fault. The failure of the last military constitution doesn't leave me hopeful that the next military constitution will lead to a better democracy.

And the 1997 constitution?

And the 1997 constitution?

There were many problems with the 1997 constitution and the 2007 version solved some of those.

BTW most of the text in 2007 is identical to the 1997 version, only articles are swapped a bit, renumbered.

Anyway a reasonable comparison

"Deconstructing Thailand's (New) Eighteenth Constitution

Vitit Muntarbhorn

This article originally appeared in Chulalongkorn Law Volume 26 No.3 February 2008."

http://www.thailawforum.com/articles/Thailand-Eighteeth-Consititution.html