Buying the new apple macbook pro online. I dont understand the accessories

bbabythai

The new apple macbook pro is available for delivery 4 to 6 weeks. Is it safe to have a laptop delivered from china via EMS. If the postie boys are a bit rough with the delivery can the components be compromised? Will I have to pay duty on picking it up at the post office?

If I wait for it at the local store I will probably have to wait longer for the actual spec that I want with all the add ons. I thus think that I would be better getting it online. Whats your opinion on this?

Re accessories, I’m confused about the new USB C port. The old macbook pro that I have atm has the standard USB ports. With reference to the link below which accessory should I choose if I only use the USB port for plugging in my external memory drive and CD rom player….

http://store.apple.com/th-en/buy-mac/macbook?product=MK4N2TH/A&step=config#

Apple USB SuperDrive

Requires USB-C to USB Adapter (sold separately).

Compact and convenient, the external Apple USB SuperDrive connects to your MacBook with a single USB cable and fits easily into a travel bag. It lets you install new software and play and burn both CDs and DVDs, including double-layer DVDs.

Or

USB-C to USB Adapter

The USB-C to USB Adapter lets you connect your MacBook with USB-C port to many of your standard USB accessories, including your camera, flash drive, and a Lightning to USB Cable for charging and syncing your iPhone, iPad or iPod.*

*Some USB accessories are not supported.

Or

USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter

The USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter lets you connect your MacBook with USB-C port to an HDMI display, while also connecting a standard USB device and charging cable. Review the documentation or check with the manufacturer of your display to make sure you’re choosing the right adapter.

Or

USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter

The USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter lets you connect your MacBook with USB-C port to a VGA display, while also connecting a standard USB device and charging cable. Review the documentation or check with the manufacturer of your display to make sure you’re choosing the right adapter.

Thanks for your help with this. Its all so expensive but once you have mac you cant go back. Its not possible...

There's no USB-C in current Marbook Pro's, only in the new 12" Macbook Air.

A Macbook pro comes with 2 thunderbolt ports, 2 usb3 ports and a HDMI port. I've had mine 2 years and never had the need for a DVD drive.....

Those USB-C accessories are not actually listed in the apple store for the Macbook Pro...

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MGXC2LL/A&step=config

Taxes all included when you buy from the Mac Store on line, I have never had a problem with shipments via the post office ... either from China or Singapore.... it depends what it is, as to were it comes from thumbsup.gif

The new cables, I have not heard of so cannot comment....

My 2010 Mac air has a plug to go to the Thunderbolt screen which works well... wink.png

Looks like your USB question has been answered. I have had at least 10 deliveries from Apple's online store. I live in Khon Kaen and all my items have been delivered via FedX. There are never any additional fees when dealing with Apple.

A Macbook pro comes with 2 thunderbolt ports, 2 usb3 ports and a HDMI port. I've had mine 2 years and never had the need for a DVD drive.....

Those USB-C accessories are not actually listed in the apple store for the Macbook Pro...

Sorry not quite complete. The MacBook Air and the new MacBook both have USB-C.

I think the OP probably wants MacBook not MacBook Pro.

I hope you understand what you are buying. As others have pointed out you seem to be talking about the new "Macbook" which is neither a Pro nor an Air. It is light and looks slick but geekbench tests put it around the same as the 2011 Macbook Air.

Unless you are just dying to have something small for travel or light use then I'd suggest going with a 13" Air or Macbook Pro Retina as you'll get more computing power.

• Like 1

Ordering from Apple.com/th is fine... You will not have any import duties... Shipping is safe & professional

I would not recommend the new Macbook unless you really want the smallest and lightweight tiny laptop

I agree with the previous poster that suggests a MacBook Pro 13" - and this has no waiting time to ship

One thing to pay attention to is when ordering you can choose a English or Thai keyboard - (Thai is the default)

Wrong again. The only Apple computer with USB-C is the new "MacBook" ... not the Pro and not the Air.

Make very sure you actually do want the new MacBook. It's super thin and light, but it's not as fast and powerful as the latest MacBook Air and especially the MacBook Pro.

Edited by HerbalEd

I bought mine online (MBA). Delivered by DHL. No problem at all. I live in Bangkok by the way.

If you will buy the base model, it will probably come from Singapore. If you want it upgraded, it will most likely come from China.