Pizza... from the What-will-they-think-of-next Department

Seems like there are so many non-traditional, norm-busting pizzas out there these days (some of them are really out there). Here's a wild one that came out in February from Little Caesar's Pizza (USA):

Little Caesars announced its new “Bacon Wrapped Crust DEEP!DEEP! Dish pizza,” a behemoth of a pie with two types of bacon and classic pepperoni on a Detroit-style deep dish crust.

It is described as an “8-corner deep dish pizza wrapped in decadent whole strips of thick-cut, crispy bacon, and then topped with pepperoni and even more chewy pieces of savory bacon goodness.”

The $12 (400 baht) pie clocks in at 450 calories per slice with 830mg of sodium and will be available for only a limited time at participating locations (this, so the planet can replenish it's salt supply??).

"Little Caesars focuses on giving customers new flavors and choices at a great value and with the sense of fun we’re known for. With the new Bacon Wrapped Crust DEEP!DEEP! Dish we’re pushing pizza to its bacon limits with more than 3 1/2 feet of bacon wrapped around the crust alone. That’s why we like to say, ‘In Bacon We Crust!’”

Sheesh!! Anybody got any more candidates for this illustrious category?

post-72929-0-04501900-1429619700_thumb.j

• Like 1

Im getting pain down my left arm just looking at the photo.

Funny place to have taste buds isn't it? whistling.gif

Before anyone jumps in - I do know what you meant Nick - my blood pressure counter can't go that high eithersad.pngw00t.gif !