Lakeside Road Buildings?

Anyone know what they are building on south bound lane on Chaweng Lakeside road? :o

Its only temporarily and meant for a food festival.....totally crazy (one -way system) and traffic gets worse with Chaweng Beach road being one-way already.

Do you know when the food festival is going to be?

Anyone know what they are building on south bound lane on Chaweng Lakeside road? :o

Its only temporarily and meant for a food festival.....totally crazy (one -way system) and traffic gets worse with Chaweng Beach road being one-way already.

Do you know when the food festival is going to be?

I have heard its starts on Friday, something like a big 'temple' fair.....

It is the Tesco principal. Enlarge the store, make the aisles wider so everyone can get around easily and then fill them with free standing counters!

The Lake Road is only one way (northbound) at the moment according to the "No Entry" sign at the top - just wish the Thais could read!

Just drove up the Lake Road. 30 minutes bottom to top.

Whoever thought up this nonsense?

Cars parked on the left.

Stalls on the right.

Lorries unloading in the middle.

Pedestrians all over the place.

Motorbikes in both directions.

Someone is going to get killed or seriously hurt over the next few days.

Madness!

Just drove up the Lake Road. 30 minutes bottom to top.

Whoever thought up this nonsense?

Cars parked on the left.

Stalls on the right.

Lorries unloading in the middle.

Pedestrians all over the place.

Motorbikes in both directions.

Someone is going to get killed or seriously hurt over the next few days.

Madness!

They held it at Nathon previously on the road by the new ferry terminal. I still think it's a much better alternative to hold it in Nathon in the car park area.Reason being your main traffic in Nathon eases up once the shops are closed.

But then they are chasing Baht, common sense comes second.

had a fascinating excursion today.

crawled down Lamai beach road behind speed governed taxis.

avoided the open pits of the new sewer on the ring road.

followed a convoy of trucks over the hill.

up the said lake road, could not agree more,

looks like a Singha beer festival to me.

turned right and left and dragged reluctant female acquaintance into the hospital.

(why are they scared of doctors?)

was not serious and left with the usual 3 tons of medication.

saw a road on the map and went there,

lots of water and bumps, 'sports clubs",

found the golf driving range, very busy, couldn't believe it,

must be cause of the extreme cost of Santiburi,

only had a nice Mizuno blade set for sale but had regular graphite shafts, no good for moi,

out to the dusty charms of the ring road again,

brief stop to buy a plain steel shafted Dunlop 3 wood, good enough for a bit of practice,

said femme fatale carried it faithfully on the back of the bike all the way to Lamai.

dash up to the driving range for daily plane check,

100 balls is not enough for a strong man.

Though for the day:

There is always tomorrow.

Went today to the lake side party and it's nothing more than a temple party, just located next to the lake.

Food is Thai only and mostly inferior quality and every third stand sells the same.

Tables are plenty, so at 5.30pm it looks great, at 6.30 when you want to sit down, you realise that everybody before you left their food remains on the tables since there's not a single garbage can around on the whole area. Temple fares are better organised than this bunch.

As already pointed out, walking on the main road looking at the shops sucks big time since these's traffic coming on the one way raod plus the one ay traffic of Thais on abike that go against the one way flow. Right out dangerous.

It smells lovely BTW and it's also fun stumbling over all the unsecured power chords all over the place.

Not a single hotel is involved with their food as earlier this year.

This is definately not the same festival as normnaly held in Nathon.

It took me 45 mins get from one end of the lake to the other and that was at 11.00 pm.

One double parked stall holder loading up and the road came to a stand still.

one policeman on hand who's job seemed to be to ignore the stream of bikes going the wrong way.

The locals seemed to be having a great time , just hope it doesn't really go on to the 16th

Not only did I have the same rediculous drive down the road that everyone else did, at some point I decided to stop and check the food out.

There were piles of trash everywhere and at one point near the stage there was a big and sharp metal thing running along the ground and I bashed my ######ing toe open on it.

I contenued on down the road and some thai prick is riding his motorbike in the wrong direction and almost plows into me because I didnt have any place to go to get out of his way. Such ignorance. Its great how thais cant follow simple instructions like ONE WAY.

I decided to go through chaweng on the way home (i know, a mistake in itself) and another thai asshat deided that ONE WAY is for farang only and almost plows into me. There was a sawngtal next to me so I couldnt scoot over very far but that didnt stop him from hauling ass within inches of me.

edit: sp

Edited by poorfarang

Well obviously my way is the right way and they were going against the one way. I assume you were being sarcastic but I understand that in my mini rant I wasnt very clear in my wording. :o

Maybe John doesn't know that Chaweng beach road is now one way and it didn't understand that the Thai person was going the wrong way down a one way street.

Don't worry poorfarang, I understood you at least :D