Thai govt expects to solve illegal fishing in 3 months

webfact

wow, so many bitterness in this forum acting as though what the government doing is wrong….

What you are interpreting as 'bitterness' isn't that, it's just a resignation that they've seen this all before. Governments (and I use that term loosely) of whatever flavor of the day, have consistently demonstrated the same behavior, it never changes.

1. Set Up committee to evaluate problem xxxxxx

2. Set 3-6 month timetable to solve xxxxxx

3. Assume that offending problem xxxxxxx will be forgotten within 3-6 months

4. Failing that, ridicule the accusers, highlight even worse outrages by 3rd country

5. Go back to step 3

It's not bitterness, it's just a feeling of deja vu

wow, so many bitterness in this forum acting as though what the government doing is wrong….

What you are interpreting as 'bitterness' isn't that, it's just a resignation that they've seen this all before. Governments (and I use that term loosely) of whatever flavor of the day, have consistently demonstrated the same behavior, it never changes.

4. Failing that, ridicule the accusers, highlight even worse outrages by 3rd country

5. Go back to step 3

No you are prejudice, because that's just your opinion. I can also point out many things that the government have done successfully.

Also, what you said above can be applied to every government around the world. I don't see how this singles out the 'Thai Government' as the only failure at completing projects.

5. Go back to step 3

No you are prejudice, because that's just your opinion. I can also point out many things that the government have done successfully.

Also, what you said above can be applied to every government around the world. I don't see how this singles out the 'Thai Government' as the only failure at completing projects.

Of course it's my opinion, as it's only the opinion of anything that gets written here, and you are of course entitled to your 'opinion'. Truth and reality are a funny old thing, they tend to be in the eye of the beholder, human nature I guess.

But back to your point about bitterness, now that I fear is your 'opinion' certainly isn't a Gospel truth

3 months is not an accurate assessment ... it's taken them decades and only when the EU threatens to ban exports does it then take action.

I for one remain very doubtful they can achieve anything in 3 months considering it's the usual 90 day mantra that is typically used.

90 days...is Chalerm back???