PM to push for people-centred Asean

Lite Beer

PM to push for people-centred Asean
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thailand will push for an Asean Community with its people at the centre and encourage more mutual cooperation, particularly on border economic zones, when Asean leaders meet in Kuala Lumpur next week.

Government Spokesman Yongyuth Mayalarp said yesterday that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha would propose at the Asean Summit, to be held on Monday and Tuesday, that Asean should jointly strengthen the agriculture sector so that the region becomes the world's food supplier.

The grouping should also prepare to handle the negative impact from sophisticated threats, the spokesman said.

Malaysia will propose at the summit for the leaders to sign three documents - the Kuala Lumpur Declaration on a People-Centred Asean; the Langkawi Declaration on Global Movement of Moderates; and the Declaration on Institutionalising the Resilience of Asean and Its Communities and Peoples to Disasters and Climate Change.

Prayut will leave for Kuala Lumpur tomorrow to attend the summit, which will be held this year under the theme of "Our People, Our Community, Our Vision", with the nine other Asean leaders. The summit is the first this year under the chairmanship of Malaysia.

The Asean leaders will meet representatives of the Asean Inter-Parliamentary Assembly, Asean Business Advisory Council, Asean youth and civil society.

Prayut on Tuesday will attend the Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle summit on the Malaysian island of Langkawi before returning to Bangkok on the same day.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-to-push-for-people-centred-Asean-30258752.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-25

"Prayut Chan-o-cha would propose at the Asean Summit, to be held on Monday and Tuesday, that Asean should jointly strengthen the agriculture sector so that the region becomes the world's food supplier."

Now if anyone knows how to lead the agricultural sector it is Thailand. Let us kindly and openly share our information re: RICE GROWING DURING A DROUGHT.

I wonder what air lines fearless leader with take tomorrow?

One great thing about ASEAN is that Thailand and Prayut cannot hid. The culture and it's cast of characters are well know to other Asians.

Last comment/question. Who are the sophicated critics fearless leader is referring to?

Any Singaporeans in this forum? Of all the countries in the AEC, I view Singapore as a developed, first-world country/market. Certainly more developed than the rest of the group and I say this without prejudice and am not being negative or bashing other member countries. I'm curious how Singapore feels, and how SINGAPOREANS feel, about the AEC.

Edited by outsider
  • Like 2

Any Singaporeans in this forum? Of all the countries in the AEC, I view Singapore as a developed, first-world country/market. Certainly more developed than the rest of the group and I say this without prejudice and am not being negative or bashing other member countries. I'm curious how Singapore feels, and how SINGAPOREANS feel, about the AEC.

I'm sure that Singapore's thinking... How are we going to exploit this chaos to our advantage?

• Like 1

Thailand will push for an Asean Community with its people at the centre and encourage more mutual cooperation He should try that in his home country too.... Maybe he now thinks he can just go to Asean and 44 them!

"Prayut Chan-o-cha would propose at the Asean Summit, to be held on Monday and Tuesday, that Asean should jointly strengthen the agriculture sector so that the region becomes the world's food supplier."

Now if anyone knows how to lead the agricultural sector it is Thailand. Let us kindly and openly share our information re: RICE GROWING DURING A DROUGHT.

I wonder what air lines fearless leader with take tomorrow?

One great thing about ASEAN is that Thailand and Prayut cannot hid. The culture and it's cast of characters are well know to other Asians.

Last comment/question. Who are the sophicated critics fearless leader is referring to?

The grouping should also prepare to handle the negative impact from sophisticated threats, the spokesman said.

so he was not referring to any critics I guess

And if push don't work the shove may be in order or the old standby beat the flock out of them. Sorry just had to use flock Thai's seem to love the word with all times I read it is flocking madness here. Well better get the flock off the forum now.

Government Spokesman Yongyuth Mayalarp said yesterday that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha would propose at the Asean Summit, to be held on Monday and Tuesday, that Asean should jointly strengthen the agriculture sector so that the region becomes the world's food supplier.

So... not a HUB then.