Prayut Chan-o-cha Urges Asean Members to Cooperate Together

Jacob Maslow

Prayut Chan-o-cha, the Prime Minister of Thailand, is urging members of the Asean to work closely together to develop an Asean Brand. The prime minister states that cooperation will help strengthen the region, and will boost trade and investment.

The prime minister states that each country in Asean should view other members as partners and not competitors. Sharing markets and not reducing prices is another recommendation for countries and businesses that have expertise in producing a certain good.

Prayut Chan-o-cha reaffirms that all members of the Asean will be stronger as a result of strong cooperation and trade among members. The goal is to not compete with each other, but work as a partnership to stabilize regional economies.

Food, development and technology were mentioned as sectors where Asean members can further excel. Two-way trade is another recommendation from the prime minister as he states it will reduce deficits among members.

The prime minister further expressed sympathy for the people of Nepal and mentioned that 6 million baht has been dispersed to the country so far. The Thai government has already approved a 100 million baht budget to support team members that enter Nepal to help with search, rescue and relief efforts.

tvn.png
-- 2015-05-03

post-231994-0-86884600-1430589584_thumb.

Yeap...Xenophobic Thailand with its nationalistic ideologies and dicriminating Alien Business Laws plus even new conditions for the AEC (eg....doctors wanting to practice in Thailand must speak the thai language) etc......I just pray that the rest of Asean and AEc expels Thailand. THis country is beyond salvation and I pray it sinks deeper.

aren't you a nasty little boy???

Yeap...Xenophobic Thailand with its nationalistic ideologies and dicriminating Alien Business Laws plus even new conditions for the AEC (eg....doctors wanting to practice in Thailand must speak the thai language) etc......I just pray that the rest of Asean and AEc expels Thailand. THis country is beyond salvation and I pray it sinks deeper.

They are seeking some sort of support....embarrassing really.

You obviously have a clear perception of the situation in Thailand regards its xenophobic tendencies and increased Nationalist mantras to try and transcend scrutiny within domestic eyes .

But internationally it is has long since hit the proverbial iceberg and water has begun to flow into the hull.

This ship is lost.

You have no need to wish this upon its current captain.

Once the article 44 was signed the Americans relayed its allies and players to take them to task.

Prior leniency is gone.

Count the things that have been thrust into their faces since April 1st.

The Charter was the final act of defiance by them.

A military now out of its depth ...and clearly disinterested in democracy.

And spare us the branding and versions of what it could or might be.

Reality is they don't even have the international rights to decide Jack S$it .

It is about people deciding ....that doesn't happen you get belted.

That's the formula in South east Asia ....we all know that.

First the sanctions to make them look bad -

Because they have been covering stuff up

Fudging figures.

Talking it up.

Claiming countries understand.

Lets see.

Let the water pour in ( sanctions)

Cut some support and demean them in world opinion .

( rivets popping) And the water will flood in.

Eventually , the Military will seek China for protection but China isn't likely to risk war ...it has to balance other stuff ....

And like the Titanic it will sink ....with a realisation it was not a world player .

It's elites are done for , it's military battered most likely literally by then.

And democracy of a true nature will be returned .

With a dare say the popular people's choice regardless of what Bangkok thinks.....

The life boats won't have many of those types in future.

Lessons are being learnt here.

And in coming weeks we will see the beginnings of a number of blows inflicted against this insidious hijack and those responsible.

The Thai people will be rescued from this situation but the ride ahead involves big changes , and mayhem.

I left for those reasons .

I truely fear for the expat under this rule.

Not psychically but financially -

I am hearing these people are not done with westerners by a long shot.

And when the fishing products are banned ( most certainly)

These guys will going harpooning the resident expat Whales with taxes and rip offs .....

In a way it might enlighten a few writers here to reevaluate .

Trust them at your peril ...

Your on a sinking ship and I know they ain't gonna like it.

• Like 1

Bla Bla Bla, just another failure expad that did not make it in Thailand and now need to

make people think that the failure was Thailand and not him.

Grow up get a life, no one miss you here

You obviously have a clear perception of the situation in Thailand regards its xenophobic tendencies and increased Nationalist mantras to try and transcend scrutiny within domestic eyes .

But internationally it is has long since hit the proverbial iceberg and water has begun to flow into the hull.
This ship is lost.

Once the article 44 was signed the Americans relayed its allies and players to take them to task.
Prior leniency is gone.

Fudging figures.
Talking it up.
Lets see.

Eventually , the Military will seek China for protection but China isn't likely to risk war ...it has to balance other stuff ....
And like the Titanic it will sink ....with a realisation it was not a world player .
It's elites are done for , it's military battered most likely literally by then.

With a dare say the popular people's choice regardless of what Bangkok thinks.....

And in coming weeks we will see the beginnings of a number of blows inflicted against this insidious hijack and those responsible.

The Thai people will be rescued from this situation but the ride ahead involves big changes , and mayhem.
These guys will going harpooning the resident expat Whales with taxes and rip offs .....

Prayut Chan-o-cha, the Prime Minister of Thailand, is urging members of the Asean to work closely together to develop an Asean Brand. The prime minister states that cooperation will help strengthen the region, and will boost trade and investment.

So not happy dictating in his own country he's trying it with other Asean members .... but the real message comes in the second line ...

The prime minister states that each country in Asean should view other members as partners and not competitors. Sharing markets and not reducing prices is another recommendation for countries and businesses that have expertise in producing a certain good.

Is he admitting that Thailand cannot compete? Sounds like he's begging for the dog to be throw some scraps or at least a bone.

Considering what's coming from the EU and other nations Prayut will need to suck up heavily to Asean members because frankly their exports could take a nose dive and these are the only ones left to trade with; apart from China.

This guy is becoming more delusional by the day for each member state will be ultimately watching out for its own economic benefits and won't give a crap about Thailand or its problems. Consider the severe lack of education, skills and high levels of corruption Thailand is at a distinct disadvantage compared to many of the Asean members.

As usual we're looking at the 'me, me, me' scenario ... if Prayut is serious then start dumping some of the FBA to allow open, free and fair competition ... nah, that ain't going to happen because they can't compete.

• Like 2

They fear the great outside world so much they have to make jittery statements hoping that at least one other Asean country will be 'kind' to them.

Truth is they are not ready for Asean and likely never will be, and the other countries know that and will use that to their advantage. Thailand is becoming more isolated by the day in just about every way.

• Like 1

"The goal is to not compete with each other, but work as a partnership to stabilize regional economies."

PARTNERS ?

"All the economic engines appear to have stopped functioning rendering Thailand’s economic outlook the worst in 40 years, said Mr Thanawat Polvichai, director of the Economic and Business Forecast Centre of the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce." 2015-04-17

With the Thai economy imploding in part to prolonged government disruption brought by the PDRC/Democrat protests and mismanagement by the Junta government while the other ASEAN countries are enjoying moderate GDP growth, It's difficult for Thailand to be treated as a partner to stabilize regional economies. Thailand's political trumoil will continue well into 2016 with a dysfunctional Junta-led government facing potential economic sanctions from the EU, US, and Asian-Pacific countries.

The other ASEAN countries would do well to treat their orphan neighbor with caution lest they become infected with its economic malaise.

• Like 1

Bla Bla Bla, just another failure expad that did not make it in Thailand and now need to

make people think that the failure was Thailand and not him.

Grow up get a life, no one miss you here

This ship is lost.

Prior leniency is gone.

Fudging figures.

Talking it up.

Lets see.

Contrary to personal assumptions of westerners departing Thailand in this current climate , it's not indicative of failure , but more to do with being astute .

Do you really think this is going to go away ( Economic woes and Mad Cap hell bent Unelected rulers ?)

Many businesses feeling the pinch now are reassessing .

Personally , I recouped 90% of my investments so I didn't take a dive.

I would go so far as to say liquidating assets prior to whatever regulations and taxes manifest under absolute rule is wiser more than stupid.

All the available data - growing xenophobic statements - sanctions looming - entrenched power grabs that exclude democracy - take your pick.?

As for the Thais trying to garnish some love with the Asian community a field - they are an increasing risky bet.

Communist China can be assured their recovery and afford to gamble .

For them it's politically based also.

But others will question the life expectancy of the Military ...not a day goes by that more news reflects increasing pressures.

Isolation is not just a likely situation but is actually occurring.

Dialogue that's engaging has given way to distant press releases that are coffered diplomatic terminology.

Sanctions being threatened - death camps discovered , agitation in the airline business, seafood deadlines, and tourism of Europeans , Americans , and Australians , questionable for future years.

Add trials of opponents set to commence ( no less than the recognised PM by the international community) and you have domestic instability, and condemnation from free world observers.

Thailand is going to be hit particularly hard this year.

Rumblings over press , and freedoms , and broken promises of restoring elections free and fair have seen Thailand placed in too hard basket....it's reputation in tatters .

With that back drop people can decide the course it is on for themselves .

It's telling that military leader is recruiting school children to propagate his brand of democracy.

The world saw this before and the warning signs are ominous .

Edited by Plutojames88
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This ship is lost.

Prior leniency is gone.

Fudging figures.
Talking it up.
Lets see.

Looks like a few loose ends to tie up , then everything will be alright.