Best Refundable Ticket From BKK

What's the best (least hassle) refundable int'l ticket out of BKK these days if the intent is just to cancel it and apply for a refund? (No time for a tourist visa, and intend to use the 30-d extension on a regular visa-exempt entry, but might need something within the original 30d window to satisfy the airline I'm traveling over on when I check-in). AirAsia has a cheap fare to Siem Reap which is non-refundable but I might just buy it anyway.

Edited by hawker9000

A lot of expensive 100% refundable airline tickets have a admin fee to pay when you make the refund. USD30 whatever. They dont always refund very fast either. So the air asia ticket to REP, PNH, RGN etc might be an easy option. Or bite the bullet and fill out the the tourist visa application form, photo and fee.

For the throw away method:

In May/June you find oneway tickets (non refundable) with AirAsia to Kuala Lumpur starting from 1290 THB (on cheap days), approx. 40 USD.

Cheapest that I know.

Can be booked and printed without lifting from the chair.

Siem Reap 1390

Pnom Penh 1590

• Like 1

A lot of expensive 100% refundable airline tickets have a admin fee to pay when you make the refund. USD30 whatever. They dont always refund very fast either. So the air asia ticket to REP, PNH, RGN etc might be an easy option. Or bite the bullet and fill out the the tourist visa application form, photo and fee.

Like I said - not enough time for the Tourist Visa. And not sure the unpaid reservation would work. 'Think I'll just bite the bullet and buy the cheap AirAsia ticket. The tourist visa, with photo, fee & return postage, would cost more than that anyway. Thanks, Everybody.

• Like 1