UK Passport renewal takes less than 2 weeks

now i would like the service to take the extra step and discontinue the need to actually go to BKK to do the deal that to me is the biggest hurdle

not only the added cost of getting there myself once but TWICE what a bloody rigmaroll

now i would like the service to take the extra step and discontinue the need to actually go to BKK to do the deal that to me is the biggest hurdle

not only the added cost of getting there myself once but TWICE what a bloody rigmaroll

Agreed, with hindsight the old courier-to-Hong-Kong method wasn't so bad, after all ! wink.png

Let's just hope that the next 'service-improvement' doesn't require one to apply in-person in the UK !

Agreed, with hindsight the old courier-to-Hong-Kong method wasn't so bad, after all ! wink.png

Let's just hope that the next 'service-improvement' doesn't require one to apply in-person in the UK !

New advice, updated on 1 May 2015, seems to suggest that an in-person application is not mandatory.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/thailand/renewing_new/adult

Still needs someone to attend so may be in case of infirmity, etc, of the applicant.

Edited by dabhand