How to get a visa to stay in Thailand definitely at any age.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Fortunately my pensions are enough to meet the requirement for another one-year visa every year.

My claims and property in Germany are for sin sod, but - most important - for a better future for my gf's daughter.

Guess I'll get an additional job, and probably the same again: only Thais (if any) will trust me with credit.

OK, I made my choice for Thailand. But I'll tell it to the world that Farang Imperialism eventually treats its own citizens like enemies if they emigrate.

Hopefully I can become a Thai citizen one day.

We've got IT devices, I'm used to work via VPN, and there's neighbouring countries like Cambodia. No reason for me to work in or from Thailand. I could even work for Europeans, maybe even for a European bank (like before)

I would still like to marry my Thai gf so she will get half of my pension in case I'll die before her. No silly comments about this, please.

Wonderful stuff !

Thank you for sharing !

Be aware that if that "visa" is, in reality, an "extension of stay" based on retirement "work" is not permitted and would be illegal ! smile.png

Illegal working can result in fines, imprisonment and deportation !

I like statistics, and I can tell that 80% of people in this forum is negative, specially when referring to Thailand, Immigration, politics, and women.

I will like to believe that the reason is because most lives in tourist towns, living and spending like tourist do, and not interested in make local friends and to learn and integrates into Thai culture and community.

What I said here, is exactly what I do for the last 3 years without any problem, and again, is TOTALLY LEGAL. Some of our clients in our shop are officers from the local Police and Immigration.

In my case, I have marriage extension and work permit, and our company is a Limited Partnership Company with 500000thb stated capital, without the needs of showing or having it. We live very well with our annual 500000 thb net profit, happy in paying taxed, hiring a couple of happy helpers, and keep growing. But, here, some people's opinion and comments shows a total ignorance of Thai laws and rules.

Anyway. If you really live here for some years, and do not have Thai good friends and connections, you are living in the wrong country....or you still a tourist. Your choice.

I haven't read every post either, but this is the general vibe I get. Visitors to Thailand and always comparing to their home country, and not really liking the place for its corruption and difficulties. Friends and connections are useful where ever. To reiterate the popular adage, it's not what you know but who you know.

What is the problem with some of you guys???

You can live in Thailand legally at any age, if you work with a work permit and making the right income. Is that true or not?

That work permit can be obtained having a good job or a good and honest own business. Is that true or not?

OK. I just explained how to create all that legally, if you do not have the money or the income to get any other visa or extension.

And if you have a good Thai wife, with a good Thai family, and with good Thai friends, that is not difficult to achieve.

And...if you find a good Thai lawyer or CPA who understand your case and wanted to help you, even better.

And...if you live an honest life, and keep following immigration rules, you will stay here forever without troubles....and very happy.

• Like 1

I like statistics, and I can tell that 80% of people in this forum is negative, specially when referring to Thailand, Immigration, politics, and women.

I will like to believe that the reason is because most lives in tourist towns, living and spending like tourist do, and not interested in make local friends and to learn and integrates into Thai culture and community.

What I said here, is exactly what I do for the last 3 years without any problem, and again, is TOTALLY LEGAL. Some of our clients in our shop are officers from the local Police and Immigration.

In my case, I have marriage extension and work permit, and our company is a Limited Partnership Company with 500000thb stated capital, without the needs of showing or having it. We live very well with our annual 500000 thb net profit, happy in paying taxed, hiring a couple of happy helpers, and keep growing. But, here, some people's opinion and comments shows a total ignorance of Thai laws and rules.

Anyway. If you really live here for some years, and do not have Thai good friends and connections, you are living in the wrong country....or you still a tourist. Your choice.

At least you've got the balls to give it a go.

Good onya.

• Like 1

What is the problem with some of you guys???

You can live in Thailand legally at any age, if you work with a work permit and making the right income. Is that true or not?

That work permit can be obtained having a good job or a good and honest own business. Is that true or not?

OK. I just explained how to create all that legally, if you do not have the money or the income to get any other visa or extension.

And if you have a good Thai wife, with a good Thai family, and with good Thai friends, that is not difficult to achieve.

And...if you find a good Thai lawyer or CPA who understand your case and wanted to help you, even better.

And...if you live an honest life, and keep following immigration rules, you will stay here forever without troubles....and very happy.

I think many know that it is possible to live in Thailand with a work permit, it's not exactly a scoop !

First you said for people to open a "fake" no operational company just make it appear to be a company. You are saying you are doing this, but in reality you have a real company

as you said you have officers as customers. Sure as long as you are running a real company no issues. You are giving advise to people to do something illegal that can get them in real trouble.

We own a company in Thailand and get an unannounced visit every once in awhile. Negatives are coming from people that have been here longer than a few years.

I had a friend that got into trouble trying to do as you say. He was paid a visit at his house which is the company address they asked where are the employees? he said oh, wait I need to call them.

Only two showed up within 5 minutes and then said the wrong things. The other two never showed up. This caused an audit of the company books and investigation. He ended up paying fines, lost his work permit and visa. I have not heard or seen him in a long time I think he moved back home. You should be careful in telling people to try and do something that is not really legal.

Edited by ericthai
  • Like 2

My answer to the OP is simple, the Thai Elite Visa. Open and shut case with a reasonable amount of paperwork and reporting. Even though I qualify for a retirement visa, (over 50, plenty of income or cash), I am seriously debating the Elite visa route for its simplicity.