Living in Thailand

Hello friends I was wondering if someone could help me , I recently have been separated been made redundant at work and have had enough of my life in Australia,

I travelled to Thailand and stayed six months in blocks of two on the tourist Visa . I love the culture and people I want to live there however I'm 47 news old and are not eligible for retirement Visa yet . So what are my options aside from marriage visa that will have to wait.

I read about an PE VISA but I'm not sure how it works I'm not a millionaire either but I do have money to relocate and set up business and live there . Can someone advise what's the best way to live there without constantly having to renew my tourist visa .. P S. I also set up a Thai shelf company while I was there I'm not sure if that can help .. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated thank you

The options are extremely limited !

Tourist visas, Education Visa or the Thai Elite option are all possibilities .

Take great care and undertake meticulous research prior to indulging in "business"

• Like 1

While Thailand is a nice country for a holiday, living is something else. I wouldn't burn any ships before you really understand what it means to live in Thailand (or any other country). Most will find it is a (very) big step.

Setting up a business as a foreigner is extremely difficult, it will require Thai partners.

You could probably get by on tourist visas until you reach the age of 50 when you will be eligible for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

The Thai elite easy access is a good option that gives you a 5 year PE visa that allows unlimited one year entries for those 5 years might also be an option. The membership fee is 500k baht. See here for info: http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

I don't suggest setting up a company in order to just get a visa or extension of stay.

• Like 1