UN chief urges PM to treat boat people with dignity

webfact

tow them back to where they came from,..its the latest craze like trying to get to europe,,i do feel for them but why does everyone else have to bail these people out,let 1 in you have to let them all in,,

Wherever you are they let you in. You're no better than any of these human beings, probably worse than most. Try being stateless for awhile, see how that works for you. What you're doing now isn't quite right.

Ban Ki moon is a clown ...... if he was really that concerned and eager to help why hasn't the UN jumped in. ?????

Easy to say, someone with a better job than you will ever have, is a clown.. The UN has jumped in. They're asking the region to deal with it since it is a regional problem, sounds both reasonable and proper to me.

'The UN has jumped in. They're asking the region to deal with it '

And that's your excuse for them doing something ? they asked others ... !!

You just don't get it do you. You want thailand to say ok ... come on everyone he's a new refugee camp for all you muslim extremists and don't worry about my Buddhist country folk .. i'll tell them it's all ok.

Thailand has enough problems already in the South of the country and areas bordering Malaysia without the addition of these groups as well.

The Bangladeshis are no more than economic migrants and The Rohingha will be up to nonsense and demanding this, that and the other as soon as they have been fed and watered.

As soon as Thailand softens and allows them in, as another poster has said, it won't be thousands coming, it will be hundreds of thousands. Also, out of the three countries involved, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, which are the two that are Muslim?

They talk about all Muslims being their brothers and the rest of us being " infidels " Well, let their brothers take care of them. Thailand was 94% Buddhist last time I looked.

Every time, and I mean bar none, that a country helps Muslim minorities, it comes back to bite them. All of a sudden things are not good enough for them, they want their own schools, they want their own customs, they want food cooked this and that way, They want to import their versions of Islam into their host country.They then want to change the host country into a mini version of the countries they are fleeing from; especially in the Middle East.These people are not from the Orient, they are historically migrants from the likes of Bangladesh, India, and surrounding areas. This is also why they are not recognized by the Burmese.

As soon as they get any form of power base, they are spewing unrest and hatred. It has to stop! Although,It is not appropiate to say " Well done Thailand" I certainly understand the Thai point of view here.

The traffickers also need to be caught and a big example made of them.Extremely long prison sentences for damaging the peace, harmony and prosperity of the Thai nation would be an appropiate charge and throw the book at the greedy b******s!

The poster who talked about the Thai elite and the ' tongue in cheek " remark about five star hotels that could be bought to house these people. Well, we all know, that will never happen so it's pointless mentioning it. It's the same as asking for "likes" on Facebook praying for a miracle when you see a sad story; a waste of your time.

I wasn't seriously suggesting the rich are going to build hotels or offer any form of accommodation for these unfortunate people.It was a simple metaphor for the indifference of the creedy to the plight of those in desperate need. Expecting the countries in the region to assist is not expecting a miracle.

I say again they don't have to offer asylum to the Rohingyas just immediate emergency life saving aid, As any decent compassionate person, or country would do without hesitation. I am aware that some assistance has been given, however there needs to be an active search and rescue mission to locate and help those cast adrift by the traffickers of Thailand, Bangladesh and Malaysia.

My comments are not tongue in cheek or pointless and I would hope you could add some depth to your thinking on this issue and see beyond their race and religion, they are people and they need help. Help that can and should be forthcoming from the authorities of the countries in the region.

what were you the last time you looked? souless?

Thailand is doing the right thing here. Provide food, water, fuel & medicine and send them on their way.

If thailand accepted them and started providing housing, shelter food, assistance etc ....

how do you think that would work with a Buddhist country already stretched to the brink with families getting less than $1 a day. ???

Also, word gets out that thailand is taking them in then the flood gates would open .... you would not see 1,000's but 100's of thousand jump on boats.

Many on TV just comment and don't know the facts about these people ... or the history ....they are not oriental Asian, they are Bengali migrants, they are muslims, they are muslim radical that dislike Buddhists & Christians.

They are not welcome and I understand why.... unlike many misinformed TV posters here.

tow them back to where they came from,..its the latest craze like trying to get to europe,,i do feel for them but why does everyone else have to bail these people out,let 1 in you have to let them all in,,

Wherever you are they let you in. You're no better than any of these human beings, probably worse than most. Try being stateless for awhile, see how that works for you. What you're doing now isn't quite right.

what im doing now is saying the truth..but you dont like it sonny......but your very free to say so ..

Ban Ki moon is a clown ...... if he was really that concerned and eager to help why hasn't the UN jumped in. ?????

UN is not the US, they don't jump in guns blazing trying to save the world. Either they get invited in, or it needs to be a decision that's gone through mind boggling bureaucracy.

UN is not the US, they don't jump in guns blazing trying to save the world. Either they get invited in, or it needs to be a decision that's gone through mind boggling bureaucracy.

Don't mess with Steven- he knows the truth!coffee1.gif

I say we get a refugee camp set up and Ban Ki moon can run the cafeteria serving the plates of chicken and rice. Does the bureaucracy extent to ordering the chicken ... ?

Thailand is doing the right thing here. Provide food, water, fuel & medicine and send them on their way.

If thailand accepted them and started providing housing, shelter food, assistance etc ....

how do you think that would work with a Buddhist country already stretched to the brink with families getting less than $1 a day. ???

Also, word gets out that thailand is taking them in then the flood gates would open .... you would not see 1,000's but 100's of thousand jump on boats.

Many on TV just comment and don't know the facts about these people ... or the history ....they are not oriental Asian, they are Bengali migrants, they are muslims, they are muslim radical that dislike Buddhists & Christians.

They are not welcome and I understand why.... unlike many misinformed TV posters here.

You understand jacksh1t!

"They" are in Myanmar/ Burma for generations.

The fact that their origin lies somewhere in Bangladesh means nothing- by that measure, we are all Africans, somehow!

"They" dislike Buddhist and Christians?

"They" are radicals?

I guess, you know each and every one of them?!

Are you aware that "Muslims" are no clones and that some may think and feel very differently from the others?

Some are burning people alive in ISIS and some are as much Muslim as I am Christian: I was born into that culture but I call myself an Atheist.

You are just trying to cover up a deep rooted and hateful islamophobia- and that is all I understand from your heart- and soulless rants!

You understand jacksh1t!

The fact that their origin lies somewhere in Bangladesh means nothing- by that measure, we are all Africans, somehow!

"They" are radicals?

Are you aware that "Muslims" are no clones and that some may think and feel very differently from the others?

Some are burning people alive in ISIS and some are as much Muslim as I am Christian: I was born into that culture but I call myself an Atheist.

You are just trying to cover up a deep rooted and hateful islamophobia- and that is all I understand from your heart- and soulless rants!

Seems I struck a raw nerve. Sorry if my comments hurt your feelings so much.

I assure you it's not islamophobia, it's a judgement based on reality and past history.

You understand jacksh1t!

"They" are radicals?

Seems I struck a raw nerve. Sorry if my comments hurt your feelings so much.

I assure you it's not islamophobia, it's a judgement based on reality and past history.

Oh, I see!

You are not an islamophob,...but...!

'Let one in and you have to let then all in'? What are you or more importantly who do you think they are? It's strange to me how photos of boat people are seen through the eyes of prejudice. It's interesting how TV is divided between liberals and fascists. Some see boatloads of people as jihadi sub humans waiting to cut everyone's throats at worst or at the very least thieves and low life trying to steal jobs and muscle in on others lives and possessions.

Others see boatloads of refugees fleeing from certain death at worst or at least persecution and marginalization.Then there are those wanting to have a better lives for their families and children escaping extreme poverty. Everyone on TV wants that too, it's called human rights.But Winstonc calls it the 'latest craze'.People wanting a better life have been around since the beginning of time.

The situation is desperate and serious.There's already been so many drownings whether in this area or in Europe.There has to be screening and integration, education of potential contributors to the economy and society and adjoining countries have to work out a solution between them.Difficult I know and there will be many failures, but what is the other choice? Only the racist xenophobic rants like "tow them out to sea and drown them" etc from so many bitter and jingoistic contributors on here.So much hate speech and fear mongering that is drowning (being the operative word) out contributors who have a little sense of justice and humanity.

They are PEOPLE in those boats, not lesser lives because they are poorer,of a different color,religion and different from us.There are always going to be people with ill intent. That is the mix. Same as exists on TV.

But EVERYONE on TV would do exactly the same as those people in the boats if in their shoes. So let's count ourselves lucky that we were dealt a better hand..........

where did someone write tow them out to sea and drown them...no-one..enough of your drama and lies .are you a labour supporter or something...the beginning of time what was the worlds population ..???..they thought the world was flat 500 years ago..if your so concerned nip down to phuket hire a jetski.and take out some life saving goodies for them..go on be the good samaritan..why dont ya..

A bit difficult for me living on the other side of the world at the moment. No I voted Conservative.So wrong on 2 counts, But you are right on one count. I overquoted. Many posters have said "tow them out to sea" "and leave them " or references to fish food. So I think you are splitting hairs because there has been and there will be hundreds of drownings so the net result is the same. So if you and your mates are recommending that towing and leaving is the answer then drownings will be the result no matter how you dress it up. It's the intent of your views and you stand to accuse me that it hasn't been said, join the dots mate, it's what you want and think even if you haven't had the courage to admit it. No drama on my part, just plenty adrift in the ocean. Not sure what your other comments mean, they don't make any sense.

Easy to say, someone with a better job than you will ever have, is a clown.. The UN has jumped in. They're asking the region to deal with it since it is a regional problem, sounds both reasonable and proper to me.

'The UN has jumped in. They're asking the region to deal with it '

And that's your excuse for them doing something ? they asked others ... !!

You just don't get it do you. You want thailand to say ok ... come on everyone he's a new refugee camp for all you muslim extremists and don't worry about my Buddhist country folk .. i'll tell them it's all ok.

YOU still don't get it do you. Yes it's the responsibility of the nations in the region to rescue and work out a solution and nobody else's, if necessary under the UN's direction.

i see families and children and you see Muslim extremists. Extremists have to be dealt to and children have to be saved. All you naysayers are pretty heavy on the chest beating and stick waving and collective punishment but have yet to come up with any viable solutions. Easy and effortless to rant with fear-mongering and very much harder to think with any reasonable logic.

"I do feel for them , but..."

There is no "but"...and you don't feel for them, so don't pretend!

you know nothing of what i feel,your just after some liberal likes,so dont pretend you know mork...

Oh I get it now, winstonc is after some fascist likes

Edited by Linzz

what im doing now is saying the truth..but you dont like it sonny......but your very free to say so ..

"Sonny"? How very patronizing....great from someone so ignorant as to think trying to get a better life is a craze.

I say we get a refugee camp set up and Ban Ki moon can run the cafeteria serving the plates of chicken and rice. Does the bureaucracy extent to ordering the chicken ... ?

Stupid

As callous as it seems, it would appear that all countries are in favor of giving them food, water & medicine and sufficient fuel so they can return to where they came from, be that Myanmar or Bangladesh. It was mentioned on the news that some Myanmar migrants were telling UNHCR officials they were Rohingya refugees so they would qualify for aid assistance.

And now the Phillipines has announced the same will apply should any boats arrive in it's waters.

It is the correct thing to do as letting them in would send the message that any arrivals by boat will be taken care of. This would have 100,s of thousands turn up in days. This is simply not the solution.

As shown by Thailand and other countries ... assist and help them in a humanitarian way with food, water & all the essentials.

Next step would be to go after the smugglers and kill them. This will stop further boats coming and also assist those in need now.

Edited by steven100

Quote Steven100 "

You as many other people here don't understand the true situation ... I've been to Myanmar , I've seen there camps and villages and seen what destruction they can do to Buddhist houses and Christian houses .... they burn them down and kill the families inside"

I don't think these boat people were responsible for that, or do you?

There are attempts at it world wide, even in the USA, take a look, difference is he was stopped:

You need to be neutral in all this, not take sides and not be the mirror image of what you despise

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/failed-congressional-candidate-pleads-guilty-in-plot-to-massacre-muslims-we-will-be-cruel-to-them/

Quote Steven100 "

You as many other people here don't understand the true situation ... I've been to Myanmar , I've seen there camps and villages and seen what destruction they can do to Buddhist houses and Christian houses .... they burn them down and kill the families inside"

I don't think these boat people were responsible for that, or do you?

There are attempts at it world wide, even in the USA, take a look, difference is he was stopped:

You need to be neutral in all this, not take sides and not be the mirror image of what you despise

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/failed-congressional-candidate-pleads-guilty-in-plot-to-massacre-muslims-we-will-be-cruel-to-them/

You cannot tell me that these boat people would not be responsible for the atrocities committed against Buddhists and Christians.

As callous as it seems, it would appear that all countries are in favor of giving them food, water & medicine and sufficient fuel so they can return to where they came from, be that Myanmar or Bangladesh. It was mentioned on the news that some Myanmar migrants were telling UNHCR officials they were Rohingya refugees so they would qualify for aid assistance.

And now the Phillipines has announced the same will apply should any boats arrive in it's waters.

It is the correct thing to do as letting them in would send the message that any arrivals by boat will be taken care of. This would have 100,s of thousands turn up in days. This is simply not the solution.

As shown by Thailand and other countries ... assist and help them in a humanitarian way with food, water & all the essentials.

Next step would be to go after the smugglers and kill them. This will stop further boats coming and also assist those in need now.

Linzz, lets hope they get the attention they need so they can be fit enough to return safely.

Thailand, Malaysia & Indonesia must hunt down and kill / slaughter the traffickers .... this will send a message to them.

Linzz, lets hope they get the attention they need so they can be fit enough to return safely.

Thailand, Malaysia & Indonesia must hunt down and kill / slaughter the traffickers .... this will send a message to them.

Cheers for getting away from the inflammatory language Steven. I can't disagree with your latest posts. smile.png

Only one other thing Steven. "You cannot tell me that these boat people would not be responsible for the atrocities committed against Buddhists and Christians."

I have no knowledge specifically of these boat people being responsible for that, but what I did see just now on CNN was boatloads of men women and children packed like sardines, 40% of the children between the ages of 1 and 5, many sick some like skeletons from malnutrition.

The background according to CNN is they have been forced out of their villages, their houses burned, the Myanmar govt. denies them recognition of any sort including citizenship medical aid and food. This has now turned into a genocide aided and abetted by the joint governments of Thailand Malaysia and Indonesia denying them landings of any sort, so you cannot return them to where they have come from when they have effectively been evicted from their own country.The Myanmar govt. will not even discuss the problem if anyone even mentions the name Rohingya. CNN tried to re find these boats but could not.

I have no regrets for any of my earlier postings in their support and feel pretty aggrieved by the ignorance of some TV members who posted so many inhumane and nasty comments like they should become fish food, or they are on boats because they know there are benefits available in other countries and have designer jeans etc to attempt to lump together and blacken any refugee group as all the same.There certainly is a difference between these people and visa queue jumpers.

'Ban Ki-moon Voices concern about Rohingya, backs forum to resolve crisis' cheesy.gif

If Ban Ki moon is so concerned why doesn't the UN get of their ass and do somethink like set up a refugee camp somewhere.

Again it's a regional problem and first responsibilities are Malaysia Thailand and Indonesia and not to forget Myanmar who evicted them in the first place.By the time the UN gets organised everyone will have drowned. The Asian countries are on hand