American man saved from jumping down 26th floor of Bangkok condo

webfact

totally different story on 103 FM , reads 2 drunk Americans broke into an occupied apartment, stripped off and took it in in turns to pretend to jump off, has got to be the same story as it was the 27th floor. police arrested them for wasting the emergency services time. so someone has got this story wrong,, thai reporting anyone ??

Thank you for that!!!!!

Your source makes more sense.

And now we have a thread where folks are commenting on unsubstantiated facts.

totally different story on 103 FM , reads 2 drunk Americans broke into an occupied apartment, stripped off and took it in in turns to pretend to jump off, has got to be the same story as it was the 27th floor. police arrested them for wasting the emergency services time. so someone has got this story wrong,, thai reporting anyone ??

Thank you for that!!!!!

Now it can be deflected to an anti-american theme

I hope he has family that care and can and will be contacted. He seems to be fairly disorganized/disoriented to choose someone else's room to 'off' himself. I hope he gets the right kind of help soon.

He was arrested for causing trouble to others.

This is a charge I have never heard of before now and, given time, I'm sure I can think of a million circumstances where someone could be charged under that law.

In Western societies it's called breach of the peace or disorderly conduct but I doubt there would be a prosecution in a case like this. He needs compassion and treatment for suicidal depression.

I hope he has family that care and can and will be contacted. He seems to be fairly disorganized/disoriented to choose someone else's room to 'off' himself. I hope he gets the right kind of help soon.

This is a charge I have never heard of before now and, given time, I'm sure I can think of a million circumstances where someone could be charged under that law.

In Western societies it's called breach of the peace or disorderly conduct but I doubt there would be a prosecution in a case like this. He needs compassion and treatment for suicidal depression.

I would prefer the prosecution to psychiatric treatment, fine or prison would be enough treatment for me.

"He was arrested for causing trouble to others."

But someone did something to him, and that someone is himself.

We make our own troubles - 99.9% of the time

The other .01% is self-inflicted

Who needs friends when you're your own worst enemy?coffee1.gif

Next

"Who needs friends when you're your own worst enemy?"

What? Everyone in that position I would think, particularly the man in this report. They're the sort of people who do need friends.

Thank you for that!!!!!

Nothing new there then.

Mental illness is the exception to the rule - and I beat you to it.coffee1.gif

The mental illness - that is.wai2.gif

Its a continuum, like ADHD, or a dimmer switch on a light

That's what they told me in the Institution anywho

I sure love the picture of the honey

"I hope he has family that care and can and will be contacted."

Quite often it's the family, as well as the prospect of leaving Thailand to return to them, that causes suicidal stress.

"This is a charge I have never heard of before now ..."

Are you a lawyer or maybe just one of the resident Thai Visa criminal experts?

You do understand these reports are written by reporters, not the police. There are laws in most countries regarding "causing a public disturbance," or committing a "breach of the peace, that cover a lot of ground, but in any event the reporter was simply making a general statement, not acting as court prosecutor.

Edited by Suradit69

"I hope he has family that care and can and will be contacted."

Quite often it's the family, as well as the prospect of leaving Thailand to return to them, that causes suicidal stress.

"This is a charge I have never heard of before now ..."

Are you a lawyer or maybe just one of the resident Thai Visa criminal experts?

You do understand these reports are written by reporters, not the police. There are laws in most countries regarding "causing a public disturbance," or committing a "breach of the peace, that cover a lot of ground, but in any event the reporter was simply making a general statement, not acting as court prosecutor.

I hope he gets help, like someone's boot up his arse and gets launched off the 40th floor!!

Times are tough, but with better decisions there are options. No great work skills or education? There are still ways out. Live with room mates to save costs, take local transit if you can't afford a car. Don't need fancy meals. Plenty of books and current magazines at most public libraries. Sure your neighbors will have Iphones or smart phones, and drive new cars, and the social and peer pressure is there, but you don't have to bow to it. Construction work, restaurant work, janitor work, over time work is out there. Not fun but doable. I am old enough and grew up in an area where there was nothing wrong with being a common working man.

Work for ten months, buy cheapest vacation ticket to Thailand you can spend 2 months of every year on vacation. My point is even in the depths of despair, there are possibilities. One can give up what is perceived by many to be nice or necessary stuff and instead enjoy 2 months a year on holiday in Thailand.

He'll have a story to tell now when he gets home (yawn). People in the West like to hear those kind of stories about Thailand. Reinforces their stereotypes.

But someone did something to him, and that someone is himself.

We make our own troubles - 99.9% of the time

The other .01% is self-inflicted

Who needs friends when you're your own worst enemy?coffee1.gif

Next

What is the difference between being your own worst enemy and infliciting your troubles on yourself?

Either way . . If we have problems, and want to know where they come from

best to stand in front of a mirror