Scooter mot near fishermans/big Buddha

Just after turning into the road to the DVLA (about as far from FV as is possible without getting your feet wet!) there's a place on the right that will do it while you wait. From there you can proceed to DVLA a kilometer or so away.

Take a Thai speaker if possible.

HTH

Just after turning into the road to the DVLA (about as far from FV as is possible without getting your feet wet!) there's a place on the right that will do it while you wait. From there you can proceed to DVLA a kilometer or so away.

Take a Thai speaker if possible.

HTH

There are 2 on this soi. One at the top of nearer to the traffic lights (never tried this one). Also one towards the bottom end, about 50 metres before the left bend and entrance to Lipa Noi beach. Ive used the one nearest to the beach a few times, for both car and bike. They are very efficient and speak good english in there too.

I used the other one for my car after being directed their by samuijimmy in another thread. Language wasn't a prob as wife was with me smile.png

Just to add after the test is done, I think one has to go to the MOT office.... (perhaps that is only when transferring to a new owner? )

Maybe wrong there.... but just in case.....

MOT office in Lipa Noi has signs , saying to "Dress Appropriately in Government Office " ....

I used the other one for my car after being directed their by samuijimmy in another thread. Language wasn't a prob as wife was with me smile.png

Just to add after the test is done, I think one has to go to the MOT office.... (perhaps that is only when transferring to a new owner? )

Maybe wrong there.... but just in case.....

MOT office in Lipa Noi has signs , saying to "Dress Appropriately in Government Office " ....

Once you get the test done, they attach the paperwork together, you head to the Land Transport Department, You must get your third party insurance, you can get this from one of the small offices on the way in, present all the paperwork at the counter, should take about 5 minutes.

thanks. yes, have done the (under 5 yr) rego before, so know the drill.

"Dress Appropriately in Government Office " - I did this last time and the guy tried to charge an extra 500baht on top of my license fees, so perhaps best to look less smart this time.