Visa ?

some advise please

1) if you have an o- visa and then you go offshore on an oil rig with a company that sponsers you for a 6 week job when you return is you o-visa voided?

2) can my thai wife sponsor my son that holds a aussie passport. behind this ? is how do i keep my 12 year old in the country so he can go to school.

background

i will be working for rig diving companies and they sponsor me for six weeks at a time and when i come back to shore we are stamped with tourist visa. with the new visa stuff going on will this mean i can only do this 3 times.

hope you can help

1. If you have a single entry non-immigrant "O" visa or an extension of stay, then you need to obtain a reentry permit before you leave.

2. If your wife is the mother of your 12 year old son, then suggest that your son apply for a Thai passport at one of the passport offices. He should use it when entering Thailand. Else, suggest that your son apply for an non-immigrant "ED" visa overseas or an extension based on education.

1. If you have a single entry non-immigrant "O" visa or an extension of stay, then you need to obtain a reentry permit before you leave.

2. If your wife is the mother of your 12 year old son, then suggest that your son apply for a Thai passport at one of the passport offices. He should use it when entering Thailand. Else, suggest that your son apply for an non-immigrant "ED" visa overseas or an extension based on education.

cheers for the info