T3 House Ubon

cysampan

Thanks for the kind replies. We were thinking of staying at the T3 for our yearly visit, but will probably stick with the Sunnee. (Comfortable, polite, breakfasts a bit suspect).

Upon entering the said Tohsang we were treated to the open-mouth amazed look of, 'how could poor people like you deign to cross our threshold'. After a further genuine problem, a verbal exchange escalated. I'm pretty sure they'll remember me!

We used to stay at Sunee but as soon as T3 opened it quickly became our regular go to place. ⅓ of the price compared to Sunee as well. The old man who owns it is great to talk to if you get the opportunity.

T3 is one of the best value hotels in Ubon at about 770 baht (smaller rooms at 670 are a bit cramped IMO) with very light snack breakfast (think toast and instant coffee) and I often stay there when I'm not trying out new places just for the hell of it.

Sunnee is a full service 4/5 star with a decent buffet breakfast at about 1,600 baht. It is the best hotel in Ubon if you want that and the breakfast alone is worth say 400 baht (for a couple) if that's the kind of breakfast you need.

Horses for courses! If you like pleasant owners, very personable staff and a nice breakfast at somewhere in between the two then Rapeepan Ville (1,200 baht) is a very nice boutique hotel that's worth checking out.

Padaeng would be my standard in the basic budget range (500 baht - big rooms, instant coffee bananas and Chinese donuts for brekkie)

[Prices are the last Agoda prices I paid sometime in 2014, maybe more now but I think 3 times may be over-egging the Sunnee/T3 comparison Memock]

600 was my last price at T3 and 1600 at Sunee. Closer to ⅓ then any other popular fraction I can think of. wink.png

Yepp, 600 baht a night, and if you're a regular, you'll get every 10th night free!! thumbsup.gif