Importing a car from uk

meuok

I wish to import a car from UK to Thailand. Can anyone give me the address for the relevent department from which I will be able to get a quotation for the import tax and the appropriate documentation.

Import of vehicle to Thailand

- Valid International Driving License and passport or equivalent document are required.

-Non-Immigrant Visa or Residence Permit (Tourist visa is not eligible).

-Vehicle registration or, in the case of a borrowed vehicle, authorization documents from the owner are required.

- Cash guarantee or bank guarantee or self-guarantee is required.

- If vehicle is brought in through Bangkok Airport of khlong Toei Port, cash guarantee or bank guarantee is essential. If entry is via land across the southern border then it is acceptable to guarantee oneself by completing the customs form, giving necessary details to the customs officer and signing the record. Permission is granted for a 6 month period from the date of entry. In the case of having requested to bring the vehicle in for a period just 5-10 days and then wishing to extend the length of stay, a renewal can be granted free of charge by the Customs Department.

Procedure : Contact the customs office at the relevant border. Customs officer will complete and additional incoming form and at the same time check documents as in No.2 above and also fix the self-guarantee.

In the case of cash or bank guarantee, the customs officer will evaluate the price of the vehicle.

Customs Department, Tel: 0-2249-0431 -40

• 3 weeks later...
As Dr said, most people sell and rebuy in Thailand - 100% tax is a killer! Certain cars are much cheaper too. Bought my father-in-law a new twin cab pickup with carry-boy (hard cover on pickup to make secure/extra passenger space (and excellent for Songkran - water pistols out the windows) - cost aroung £10k new (2 years ago - 500,000Bht)! Probably, part with £30k in Briton!!!    :ghostface: