Ever been to prison? Pattaya police station cells?

Rorynorway

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody actually have any experience of going to court on a DUI charge, and getting fined? without any bribes?

Is it a deportation offence?

I'm hearing that it is just a fine of a few thousand baht without deportation.

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell with a naked russian who had made weapons with wire and the policeman saw it and didnt give a shit. The policeman kept asking for my passport which was at home and he was generally being a <deleted>my wife paid a bribe the next day and i was off to court and had to pay another bribe to get my passport back. All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

For drink driving you should have been Jailed for 18 Months then deported with a no come back policy for at least 20 years.

Disgusting,

Wow!! Aren't you the reasonable one!! Please....before you pass such judgement, it might benefit you to visit the following website and give yourself a test run. Of course that's only if you are not a total abstainer...which is what your recommended punishment of 18 months in prison and deportation for life, for someone who registered 54mg. blood alcohol, suggests that you may very well be! "And for a second offence of blowing 54mg, cut off his head!!" no doubt would be your position.. .

Driving a scooter at say 20/30km is hardly going to kill anyone....opposed to plowing into someone with a truck at 60km..

You have been drinking all day and you think its fine to drive a scooter home ? You are in no shape to make quick decisions on the road if something should happen , either you will end up in the statistics of road accidents in Thailand or you will cause someone else to hurt badly because of your stupid behavior.

There is something called a taxi , if you can afford drinking all day, I am sure you can afford to pay someone for a ride home.

Just curious, "balo"....did I miss something in William Osborne's post....written in invisible ink, perhaps? Where is there any mention of "have been drinking all day and.........drive a scooter home?" Please.....if the man had said that he had been "drinking all day", I might agree with you once the various factors of weight, type of alcoholic beverage, rate of consumption were known, but........???

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell ... All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

For drink driving you should have been Jailed for 18 Months then deported with a no come back policy for at least 20 years.

Disgusting,

Yes and likewise I propose 2 years followed by deportation for speeding, 1 year for jay walking, illegal turns? 1 to 3, that should curb that dangerous activity. No helmet, maybe 6 months and deportation after all if you can't be a model citizen you should go back to your own country. There's more of course but you get the idea.

And deportation for under age sex......by that I mean sex with anyone more than ten years younger than yourself..or anyone older than their in-laws......that will sort a lot of people out!!!

I wait for the onslaught.biggrin.png

Mudcrab! It is not only impolite to speak with your tongue jammed up your cheek but it makes it very difficult for your listeners to decipher your words! Surely you meant "anyone LESS than ten years younger......"!

^ they do not roadside bloodtests. The figure given is in breath. Which is considerably less than the blood alcohol reading. Which has already been stated.

With respect, Forkinhades, I believe that you are mistaken. The readings, whether determined by way of the breathalyzer machine or blood drawn, would be very similar!.

Refernce: http://www.ehow.com/about_5439555_breathalyzer-vs-blood-test-bac.html Quote - "A properly maintained and administered breath test will essentially be as accurate as a blood test,,,," The key is "properly maintained and administered" test, whether it be via drawn blood or breathalzyer machine.

In the UK the drink driving limit is:

35 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath; or

80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood; or

107 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of urine

Did you also fully read that article that you provided a link to?

I am sure in Australia it is .05 does this mean 50 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath ?.

If so that means the crickets was only a fraction over the limit in Australia and from what I can remember if you are only just over they will wait a period and test you again, if you read above again they take you to the station for a blood test.

Another thing to take into account is how long since your last drink which they should ask as the reading will he higher if you have just finished your drink.

For me this just shows that the police here maybe have not been trained to take a breath test right.

Edited by nev

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell with a naked russian who had made weapons with wire and the policeman saw it and didnt give a shit. The policeman kept asking for my passport which was at home and he was generally being a <deleted>my wife paid a bribe the next day and i was off to court and had to pay another bribe to get my passport back. All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

Disgusting,

What a load of rubbishmM Who makes you qualified to pass judgement on this OP, go an play your tamborine on some other corner.

The cops could make a fortune if they waited outside any of the dozens of bars scattered around the Darkside and stopped farangs after they get in or on their vehicles to drive away. There must be literally hundreds of drunks driving over the limit every day.

I'm not sure why it hasn't occurred to them. Maybe because it's a different police jurisdiction to Pattaya city, and the cops out here are not quite so venal?

Unlikely, from what I've seen of them.

It hasn't occurred to them for the same reason as that if they post at any traffic light, and fine every red light jumper 100 Baht, the national debt would be solved in a month.

If the fines are receipted...

For many 100B is very little deterrent, but then I saw on Samui a really good operation, it was a very hot day, cars and bikes were pulled onto a very large car park, drivers had to queue, and at the front of the queue was a desk in the shade with two police officers recording details and taking the fines, the queue was very long and I estimate probably over an hour wait in the queue...

Edited by Basil B

Disgusting,

and thai gvt will take care my kids meantime !!!

I am sure in Australia it is .05 does this mean 50 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath ?.

If so that means the crickets was only a fraction over the limit in Australia and from what I can remember if you are only just over they will wait a period and test you again, if you read above again they take you to the station for a blood test.

Another thing to take into account is how long since your last drink which they should ask as the reading will he higher if you have just finished your drink.

For me this just shows that the police here maybe have not been trained to take a breath test right.

Correct. I think that in all states in Australia the blood level alcohol has been lowered from .08 to .05. A breath test reading of .054 is only marginally over the limit. In a properly conducted breath test operation if driver reads over the .05 limit then he should be re-tested in ten or fiftenn minutes. This allows any alcohol present in the drivers mouth from recent drinking to disperse.

Only a fool drinks and drives in any country. I believe in Sweden it is illegal to drive with any alcohol in your system. In West. Aust. this applies to probaitonary and learner drivers, no alcohol.

If the alcohol reading has been .54 as had been suggested the copper would have been testing a corpse. The highest reading I made an arrest for drunken driving was .360, the bloke was almost comatose behind the wheel.

Edited by Toknarok

This is Thailand.

Not the rest of the world.

why all the crap about other countries.

Not relevant at all. coffee1.gif

I think it is because only 12 posters on Thai Visa have actually ever been to Thailand or live there.

Disgusting,

is that a troll post or what?

• 4 months later...

londoedan, A charity called Hand to Hand take in water and sandwiches (usually Marmalade) three mornings a week. They have a website handtohandpattaya.com with details of what they do and how to donate

sugar on white bread and a lecture on what a horrible person your are, f.. them, the thais in there will make sure you get real food and water without the moralistic pontificating

Edited by phycokiller

Disgusting,

is that a troll post or what?

Just one of the Self Righteous Brigade on TV, probably a Mall Cop in Patts