which time during the day does it usually rain?

vistascape

its 1201 everyday, except Sunday when it arrives at 1.34. On budda holidays its 10 mimutes later to allow for prays to finish, I hope that helps with your planning.

on the days it doesn't rain disregard my formula.

Edited by steve187

its 1201 everyday, except Sunday when it arrives at 1.34. On budda holidays its 10 mimutes later to allow for prays to finish, I hope that helps with your planning.

thanks, i can now make the best bangkok plan ever :)

Seriously, unlike KL where you can set your watch by it, it can and does rain at any time of day or night.

The really big flash and bang shows do tend to be in the afternoon or evening after the heat has had them brewing all day, but no warranty is implied or inferred. Even the weather forecast is useless as the storms can be very localised, we can have a sunny dry day, but literally 7km away they have flooding.

Just watch the skies and the locals, when you see umbrellas appearing head for cover.

Most accurate rain prediction that I have ever seen in Thailand. Good job.

Sent from my c64

Don't believe any weather reports as the tropical weather is too unpredictable. When it says a 80% chance of rain it may end up being blue skies in your part of Bangkok for the day, but looking towards another part of Bangkok you see dark rain clouds/rain falling....then again when it says only a 20% chance rain it ends up raining cats-and-dogs...the weather can be very localized...metropolitan area Bangkok is a big place with varying weather across it especially for rain.

But generally, late afternoon rain is getting more common...although the main part of the rainy season is Jul thru Oct the weather is practicing right now in preparation for those months...for the last few weeks I've seen a fair amount of afternoon showers in my part of western Bangkok. As mentioned, rain in Bangkok can be unpredictable like last night's O-Dark-Early heavy rain with a thunder & lightning show as described at this 8 June Nations newspaper article. Link.

I sure know that at 4:30am this morning we had a heck of lightning & thunder storm in my part of western Bangkok which lasted around 30 minutes...it may have be raining for longer but it was the heavy thunder & lightning part that woke me up

Edited by Pib

Last night it rained hard. The lower Sukhumvit is flooded (as are the sois) with water up to your ankles. Lots of businesspeople walking barefoot, holding their shoes, on the way to work/BTS.

Yep, saw it when I opened the window to have a smoke. I was half asleep and went back to bed. Theory of it raining when I'm asleep confirmed.