NOn B Extenison in Phuket

phuketrichard

MY gf currently has a 1 year B visa, Due to expire July

just got her new wp

paid tax last year

4 employees and 4 mil baht invested

Do they require the photos ?

She has all the correct paperwork

How long does it take to get the non B extension in Phuket?

next day?

Thanks

The immigration office is a disaster in terms of Non-B's

You'll most probably be told only three people in Haad Yai processing non-B extensions and your place of work must be visited by officer but he very busy and can take 2 months to process.

However you can pay 10,000 THB to get the express service and ready tomorrow.

I don't think I know anyone who has ever paid the actual correct visa fee for a non-B, it was better last year before our new overseers who promised to cut corruption.

Non-B can not be extended, but her stay can be extended based on employment, and I presume that is what you mean.

It sounds like a first extension, so they'll probably want photos of her and her staff and of the company premises.

Non-B can not be extended, but her stay can be extended based on employment, and I presume that is what you mean.

It sounds like a first extension, so they'll probably want photos of her and her staff and of the company premises.

Non-B renewal

Non-B renewal

No, a visa can not be renewed.

This is about extension of stay based on employment.

Im in this process right now, and have done it for 8 years, now have 13 staff, VAT registered. It gets worse every year. I won't go through it all but:

1. Last year and I think every year, you first get a 1 month extension while your work permit and other paperwork is processed. This extension has a date on it to go to immigration where you're suppose to get your extension because during that time they need to make your taxes are up to date. Last year, I still had to wait approximately another week as they were still waiting from documents. This was partially do to me travelling out of country during this one month extension. Got extended for 1 year with relative ease.

2. This year, same as above, except for the fact Ive not left the country, so there has been plenty of time to process. I am still waiting and its now 12 days after the 1 month extension and my passport is at immigration. I am told that they are really checking closely now on all foreign business.

3. Im not worried, as I paid all tax and do not have "ghost employees" and have a fair amount of registered capital.

According to my accountant, who probably has over 50 expat clientele, he has stated that people who usually easily got 1 year extensions, are now getting 6 months. Companies that have the bare minimum to maintain a work permit are being checked HARD.

As a side note, I was also asked to produce my University Degree which I did. For what reason? Who knows.

Edit, for the work permit they wanted a certificate from the orbitor that we do business in his area. Never been asked for that before, and as I got that certificate around 2 months ago, my workpermit expires one year from that date, and will not coincide with my Non-b 1 year extension.

Edited by TacoHell

Non-B renewal

No, a visa can not be renewed.

This is about extension of stay based on employment.

correct>

thanks

"Last year and I think every year, you first get a 1 month extension while your work permit and other paperwork is processed"

Taco

this is what i was afraid of as we wanted to travel to northern Thailand/Cambodia in July as she has the month off

do they keep ur passport? If not can u travel out of the country with a re entry permit

No, they don't keep your passport. AFAIK you can normally travel abroad, no issues at all, but to be sure, check in the 'visa in Thailand' subforum.

I have always had the extension renewed after the 1 month waiting period BTW. I have always presumed this period was connected to the extension being based on marriage.

during the initial one month extension (visa under consideration), they do not keep your Passport. On the "report to immigration on this day" date, if the paperwork is still not ready, I think you have the option for another extension, but never asked. I just choose to leave it with immigration.

The same thing happened last year, and there is no additional extension in my passport even though the visa extension was issued a week after the "visa under consideration" and the extension period is 1 year from the original date, not a week later.

hello

I found this information on the website regarding non-immigrant O marriage visas for US citizens. Is this true? I am on a non-immigrant O Visa Marriage Visa. I am a US Citizen. Is this sentence below true? Can you actually renew your visa inside Thailand? If so where? Additionally what are the requirements? What paper work is required?

(The visa is renewable every year and can be renewed inside Thailand (applicant must meet the requirements for the visa renewal).

If I did leave the country to get a new visa is it possible to do it someplace like Laos or Korea someplace close? If I did leave the country to renew my visa what paper work would the Thai embassy there require? Would our marriage certificate need to be translated into Thai?

At the Thai embassy in New York City all I needed was my passport, $200, and a copy of our marriage certificate.

No, they don't keep your passport. AFAIK you can normally travel abroad, no issues at all, but to be sure, check in the 'visa in Thailand' subforum.

I have always had the extension renewed after the 1 month waiting period BTW. I have always presumed this period was connected to the extension being based on marriage.

We are talking about Non-B extensions and workpermits, not that you have money in the bank and a wife.

They check a lot documents (taxes, staff, company is profitable, its an actual business and not a shell)

It gets worse every year.

We are talking about Non-B extensions and workpermits, not that you have money in the bank and a wife.

They check a lot documents (taxes, staff, company is profitable, its an actual business and not a shell)

It gets worse every year.

No, you're not talking non-B extensions, that does not exist. You're talking about extensions of stay based on employment.

I have extension of stay based on marriage and have a workpermit with that, and the same requirements apply (tax payments, minimum number of staff etc.) money in the bank is not required.

No changes for me for years and years already, and I have been doing these extensions for 12 years now.

Edited by stevenl

hello

I found this information on the website regarding non-immigrant O marriage visas for US citizens. Is this true? I am on a non-immigrant O Visa Marriage Visa. I am a US Citizen. Is this sentence below true? Can you actually renew your visa inside Thailand? If so where? Additionally what are the requirements? What paper work is required?

(The visa is renewable every year and can be renewed inside Thailand (applicant must meet the requirements for the visa renewal).

If I did leave the country to get a new visa is it possible to do it someplace like Laos or Korea someplace close? If I did leave the country to renew my visa what paper work would the Thai embassy there require? Would our marriage certificate need to be translated into Thai?

At the Thai embassy in New York City all I needed was my passport, $200, and a copy of our marriage certificate.

This is way off the intitial question. Try asking in the main visa section --- > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

ok; but since "during the initial one month extension (visa under consideration)" , would you than need to obtain a single re entry permit so u can leave and come back?

This is all new for me as last time i had a wp was back in the 90's and times were a but different then LOL

Thanks

ok; but since "during the initial one month extension (visa under consideration)" , would you than need to obtain a single re entry permit so u can leave and come back?

This is all new for me as last time i had a wp was back in the 90's and times were a but different then LOL

Thanks

In order to leave during the consideration period I was recommended to pay the express fee due to a backlog in Haad Yai (not Bangkok according to the officer). Not sure if you are allowed to travel during that period or not as in theory you don't have a visa.

Thanks

Yes, I think you can do that with re-entry permit without affecting your extension application process. But check in the visa section to be sure.

Edit: see e.g. this thread, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/819386-travelling-during-the-yearly-married-person-visa-renewal-process/?p=9340800&hl=%2Bleaving+%2Bcountry+%2Bunder+%2Bconsideration

Edited by stevenl