Visa on Arrival at Nong Khai/ Vientiane after Tourist Visa

Just before my 60 day tourist visa and 30 day stay extension expire I want to go to Nong Khai border/ VIentianne and get a 15 day land border crossing Visa on Arrival. I will be flying into Udon Thani airport at mid day and most likely taking the bus to the border. Can I cross the border to Laos and then turn around and come back into Thailand same day to get my VOA stamp? Also what fees will be involved if any?

And if I can't do it that way, does that mean I have to go to the Thai Consulate in town and spend a night or two? Again, approximate costs involved? Thank you for your help.

If you are from a country that can get a visa on arrival after completing a application form and paying 1000 baht you could do it.

Or are you asking about getting a 15 day visa exempt entry. If from a G7 country you would get 30 days. Since you are currently on a tourist visa you would have no problem crossing the border entering Laos after getting a visa on arrival that that costs from $20 to $42 dependent upon the country you are from and then returning to the country.

If you are from a country that can get a visa on arrival after completing a application form and paying 1000 baht you could do it.

Or are you asking about getting a 15 day visa exempt entry. If from a G7 country you would get 30 days. Since you are currently on a tourist visa you would have no problem crossing the border entering Laos after getting a visa on arrival that that costs from $20 to $42 dependent upon the country you are from and then returning to the country.

Thanks much Urban Joe. I have a USA passport. I'm not sure if I'm talking about the 15 day Visa Exempt or 30 day Visa. Are either/both of those allowed to be tacked on to my 60 day tourist Visa already extended 30 days? I'm just trying to avoid paying a 14 day overstay fine, and I have to go to Udon Thani anyway, plus I've never been to Laos, so I wouldn't mind spending a night there... so just checking on if I will have to or not, and what the fees are for the particular Visa I'll need to add 15 days to mine? Also, will I need to pay for a Laos Visa?? Thanks again.

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry because you are from the states. You can just cross the bridge enter Laos< turn around and come back if you want to.

They only look to see if you were on a visa exempt entry when you left the country. Tourist visa entries are not counted.

• Like 1

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry because you are from the states. You can just cross the bridge enter Laos< turn around and come back if you want to.

They only look to see if you were on a visa exempt entry when you left the country. Tourist visa entries are not counted.

That answers my questions. Thanks much!

Ubonjoe I know you are very knowledgeable on these matters but I thought Immigration are refusing some people returning back to back on Tourist/Visa Exempt so the fact they are already on a Tourist Visa does that not make it more risky?

Ubonjoe I know you are very knowledgeable on these matters but I thought Immigration are refusing some people returning back to back on Tourist/Visa Exempt so the fact they are already on a Tourist Visa does that not make it more risky?

It seems you are confused because of people calling visa exempt entries tourist visas.

There are no restriction on doing a visa exempt entry after previously having any kind of visa entry. Only back to back visa exempt entries are restricted.

Pay for your Lao visa in US dollars or you will pay 30% more if your pay in Thai Baht.

Example Canadian Passport $42.00 U.S. or 1,800 Baht. They are a communist country Laos,(China)and do not want Baht.

Yes I know you have U.S. passport.

After 2x VOA à 15days at Cambodia.... now need to fly out and in for get a new visa right? or go immi and pay 30days but need to show flight out . . . . .

You cannot get a VOA at the Cambodian border and they can only be extended for 7 days.

I assume you mean a 15 day visa exempt entry that you get unless your are from a G7 country which allows a 30 day entry.

You don/t need to show a ticket out of the country to apply for the 30 day extension.

Rather than do those border runs and the 30 day extension it would be better to go out for a tourist visa that would give the same 60 days on entry that can be extended for 30 days. You can even get a 2 entry tourist visa in Laos.

I am from Scotland and I will be getting a Double Tourist Visa for Thailand from Glasgow Thai Consulate. I will be transfering more than 800,000 THB into my Kasikorn Bank in my sole name account with a cash machine card and a bank book, money will come from my savings and then later I intend to transfer some of the proceeds from the sale of my house in Scotland. I will get a letter from my bank manager and get it notarised by my solicitor before I leave Scotland to emigrate and hopefully retire to live with my Thai partner and at some time in future my wife. It is my intension to wait until my 800k has been in my account for minimum of 60 days then I will go to Laem Gnop Immigration office near Trat to get my 1st 30 day extn pay 1900 baht. On my 30th day of extn i will travel to Cambodia and enter for a few hours then I will return back into Cambodia using my 2nd Tourist Visa from the UK. Again pay around 1200-1900 baht for cambodian visa. Thanks to Ubonjoe I intend to take his good advice instead of going to and from Bangkok twice to get a NON IMMIGRANT O VISA I intend to Fly to Bangkok with my Thai girlfriend Taking her passport and housebook with her plus copies if needed. I have managed to print out the Non o visa VIENTIANE APPL FORM from the link i was sent (Again many thanks for your help). We will fly to Udon Thani then can someone pls give me some advice

Q. Where to catch a bus from in Udon Thani (city centre where?) Or is there a shuttle bus from the airport straight to the Thai side of the border with Laos? And how much aporox will this be for 2 persons?

I believe their is a shuttle bus that we can take across the border into Laos get our Laos Visa? Do I need a visa as a UK citizen we would like to stay at least a few nights.

Q. Is 3 nights the max I will be allowed in Laos or can I stay up to a week if it is worth visiting that long?? I now an aware I must submit my application form in the morning up to what time please? And pay how much pls Ubonjoe? then I would return the next day to the Thai Immigration new! Office not the Royal Thai Embassy address. To collect my Non Immigrant O Visa Based on Retirement my age is 61 yrs. I take along my passport plus copies and proof of my 800k weather in my Kasikorn Bank plus my up to date bank book. I know you said i do not need a letter from my bank manager at this stage but I will get one just incase they ask for one. Learning I will not offer it! Unless they ask for it. I do not want to set any new precedences with immigration. I will give them also copies of my passport and my Thai girlfriends passport and her Thai I.D. Card plus house book where we will be living permanently.

Then after a short holiday in Vientiane we will catch the shuttle bus from Laos? Into Thailand then take another shuttle bus? Q. Where from pls? I believe Udin Thani is approx 60 klms from border. Was it called Nong Kai? Or something like that name. Ubinjoe is there anything evidence wise I have forgotten pls?

Q. Because my money 800k will not have been in my bank for 60 days i will buy a double tourist visa then with the last 30 days of my 2nd TV in Thailand we will travel to Laos and by then my money will have been in my account for 4 months.

Q. Is this still okay to apply for my non imm o visa during my 2nd TV 60 days or can i only apply during the fist 60 days of arriving in Thailand? When and if i am granted a non o then I will go back to Laem Gnop immigration and apply for a 1 year extension of the permission to stay. Then take bank letter and other proof and Girlfriend with me. Do i need to take her brothers or any of her family with me to tell immigration exactly where I am permanently living. She has her own 3 bedroom new modern bungalow just outside of Trat.

My thanks in advance for any useful advice. Your many years and knowledge of living in Thailand is a massive help to newcomers emigrating to live in Thailand. Thank You.

Rob Roy. PS: Can you or anyone tell me how I can officially join the Thai Visa Club Membership is there any annual fee? Or is had this brilliant web site been set up by expats from many different countries? I would like to join if possible.

I am from Scotland and I will be getting a Double Tourist Visa for Thailand from Glasgow Thai Consulate. I will be transfering more than 800,000 THB into my Kasikorn Bank in my sole name account with a cash machine card and a bank book, money will come from my savings and then later I intend to transfer some of the proceeds from the sale of my house in Scotland. I will get a letter from my bank manager and get it notarised by my solicitor before I leave Scotland to emigrate and hopefully retire to live with my Thai partner and at some time in future my wife. It is my intension to wait until my 800k has been in my account for minimum of 60 days then I will go to Laem Gnop Immigration office near Trat to get my 1st 30 day extn pay 1900 baht. On my 30th day of extn i will travel to Cambodia and enter for a few hours then I will return back into Cambodia using my 2nd Tourist Visa from the UK. Again pay around 1200-1900 baht for cambodian visa. Thanks to Ubonjoe I intend to take his good advice instead of going to and from Bangkok twice to get a NON IMMIGRANT O VISA I intend to Fly to Bangkok with my Thai girlfriend Taking her passport and housebook with her plus copies if needed. I have managed to print out the Non o visa VIENTIANE APPL FORM from the link i was sent (Again many thanks for your help). We will fly to Udon Thani then can someone pls give me some advice

Q. Where to catch a bus from in Udon Thani (city centre where?) Or is there a shuttle bus from the airport straight to the Thai side of the border with Laos? And how much aporox will this be for 2 persons?

I believe their is a shuttle bus that we can take across the border into Laos get our Laos Visa? Do I need a visa as a UK citizen we would like to stay at least a few nights.

Q. Is 3 nights the max I will be allowed in Laos or can I stay up to a week if it is worth visiting that long?? I now an aware I must submit my application form in the morning up to what time please? And pay how much pls Ubonjoe? then I would return the next day to the Thai Immigration new! Office not the Royal Thai Embassy address. To collect my Non Immigrant O Visa Based on Retirement my age is 61 yrs. I take along my passport plus copies and proof of my 800k weather in my Kasikorn Bank plus my up to date bank book. I know you said i do not need a letter from my bank manager at this stage but I will get one just incase they ask for one. Learning I will not offer it! Unless they ask for it. I do not want to set any new precedences with immigration. I will give them also copies of my passport and my Thai girlfriends passport and her Thai I.D. Card plus house book where we will be living permanently.

Then after a short holiday in Vientiane we will catch the shuttle bus from Laos? Into Thailand then take another shuttle bus? Q. Where from pls? I believe Udin Thani is approx 60 klms from border. Was it called Nong Kai? Or something like that name. Ubinjoe is there anything evidence wise I have forgotten pls?

Q. Because my money 800k will not have been in my bank for 60 days i will buy a double tourist visa then with the last 30 days of my 2nd TV in Thailand we will travel to Laos and by then my money will have been in my account for 4 months.

Q. Is this still okay to apply for my non imm o visa during my 2nd TV 60 days or can i only apply during the fist 60 days of arriving in Thailand? When and if i am granted a non o then I will go back to Laem Gnop immigration and apply for a 1 year extension of the permission to stay. Then take bank letter and other proof and Girlfriend with me. Do i need to take her brothers or any of her family with me to tell immigration exactly where I am permanently living. She has her own 3 bedroom new modern bungalow just outside of Trat.

My thanks in advance for any useful advice. Your many years and knowledge of living in Thailand is a massive help to newcomers emigrating to live in Thailand. Thank You.

Rob Roy. PS: Can you or anyone tell me how I can officially join the Thai Visa Club Membership is there any annual fee? Or is had this brilliant web site been set up by expats from many different countries? I would like to join if possible.

Most of your questions have been answered before in your topic here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/826198-what-documents-will-i-need/

There is a van service from the airport in Udon to the bridge in Nong Kai.

You apply for and get a Lao visa on arrival that will give you a 30 day entry.

As said before the money does not have to be in the bank for 60 days to apply for the non-o visa in Vientiane. You could go to Laos for the non-o as soon as you have the money in the bank.

Pleas make a post in your topic if you have more questions.