Cardiff City Thread....

OneeyedJohn

We are not EPL but is this the year we reach the top of English/welsh soccer.

Those bastards from Swansea beat us to it but didn't last.

We won the Cup 80 years ago, so what a time to get promoted.

I am a true supporter of the Bluebirds, away games an all, we just could never quite make it.

Always won the Welsh cup hence qualification for Europe, but not so easy nowadays.

We've had some great players in the past bt always sold, so with Sam the Man in charge maybe a dream will come true :o

Ah well, I'll just talk to myself then...

Great result yesterday,, Huh 4 bloody one.. :D

Shame about the crowd tho.. :o

Yep..ive been coming here since i was a knee high to a grasshopper, and the only time the

crowd was more than 20,000 was when the ###### gunners came here to scrape a 1-1 draw in the Cup.

Hey Mate...know what the first sign of madness is.......

Anyways at least the bloody managers gotta Welsh name boyo :D

I have been to Cardiff, Niniann Park.....it was my fisrt appearance on Match of the Day when Reading scored I was in the "away end"

I have also seen Cardiff at reading many times and am always amused by that "thing" they do.....rubbing their bellies whilst patting their heads....there is a name for it, but I have forgotten what its called ???

Anyway, fair play, maybee Cardiff will be this season's READING !

• 2 weeks later...

<deleted> can't believe the goings on down in Welsh Wales.....

another 4 - 0 and this time Wolves.

Full capacity but thats only 20k now,,,a new stadium on the way.

We are 5 points clear..

Scored 5 more goals than anyone else

Conceded less than anyone else

Only 30 odd games to go before we are in the Prem. :o

<deleted> can't believe the goings on down in Welsh Wales.....

another 4 - 0 and this time Wolves.

Full capacity but thats only 20k now,,,a new stadium on the way.

We are 5 points clear..

Scored 5 more goals than anyone else

Conceded less than anyone else

Only 30 odd games to go before we are in the Prem. :o

john

how does one know dream tv as gone off

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Cardiff manager Dave Jones:

"We've come to Anfield and given them a bit of a fright.

Considering we put out a fairly strong team ( Gerrard and Carragher both played 90 mins ) Cardiff played really well.

I'm sure it won't be long ( 2 / 3 seasons ) 'till your up here with the big boys :o .

Is it possible?..........................

That Ridsdale will bankrupt the club? :D

On a serious note, it would be good to see Cardiff in the EPL, I know that my bruv would certainly agree as he goes up from Cornwall every other weekend. :o

• 1 month later...
I have also seen Cardiff at reading many times and am always amused by that "thing" they do.....rubbing their bellies whilst patting their heads....there is a name for it, but I have forgotten what its called ???

Cwm Rhondda: The unofficial Welsh National Anthem

'Cwm Rhondda' is a belter of a hymn that defies one to sing it quietly . It is the very embodiment of hwyl, the Welsh love of homeland and of culture, and as such has come close to supplanting the official Welsh national anthem. This is especially the case at rugby 'internationals', where the faltering, bathetic, falsely-devout Land of My Fathers is soon dispensed with in favour of something far more robust. England fans often respond with their own countermeasures, often the Negro spiritual Swing Low, Sweet Chariot, but soon buckle under the sonic onslaught of 'huge gangs of tough, sinewy men…terrorising people with their close-harmony singing'

It is arguably one of Britain's best-known tunes, having been chanted by football fans over the country, berating the referee as he makes another dodgy offside ruling. That celebrated curmudgeon Victor Meldrew was subjected to a tirade by garage staff sung to its melody: they had spitefully recorded over a cassette tape left in his car. Virtually everybody who is British knows this tune yet very few could name it and even fewer sing it properly.

Took a long time TP but there is your answer.

I am ashamed of myself for not knowing without research.

The Hymn

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,

Pilgrim through this barren land.

I am weak, but Thou art mighty;

Hold me with Thy powerful hand.

Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,

Feed me till I want no more;

Feed me till I want no more.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Looks like Cardiff might do a Leeds and go into administration, which will mean points deducted etc etc.

It's already happened to Luton this season. If it happens to Cardiff too and the rest of the FL chairman get a chance to vote on any appeal, I wonder how much sympathy the likes of Cardiff and Luton will expect, seeing as how both voted against Leeds (in a completely self-interested way) before.

What a spectacle that will be.

Heart-felt plea to Bluebirds' Sam Hammam

Dec 11 2007 by Terry Phillips, South Wales Echo

South Wales Echo chief sportswriter Terry Phillips covered Cardiff City throughout the Sam Hammam years. Here, Terry makes a plea from the heart for Sam to do all he can to stop the legal action which could destroy the club he claims to love.

IT'S time for you to face the truth - and leave Cardiff City alone.

Your time has been - and gone.

You have let the people of South Wales down. Your passion, commitment and enthusiasm gave Bluebirds fans such hope.

It was you who lifted the Bluebirds supporters to ecstatic heights, but now they are in the depths of despair. Perhaps even worse, all this has spoiled memories of what you, Sam Hammam, did for Cardiff City, forever.

Your name should be revered among supporters, now that seems impossible.

Are you really a football man?