Thai Airways A380 In Flight Entertainment?

Spouse

Not sure about the standard earphone plug fitting. They have their own 2- or 3 - pronged plugs but they do provide earphones. Noise - canceling ones in first class and probably in Business too. The in - flight entertainment is quite good but I would like the screens to be brighter.

Flew a week ago with Thai but on a recently refitted 777-300 ( economy ) and it did not have power plugs but i also flew Singapore Air a few weeks before that - again 777-300 and it was fitted with both a international power socket ( i think it was 220 v) plus a usb plug . So for a A380 i am not too sure what you will find .

As for headphones just buy a headphone adapter for about 5 dollars (or 10 dollars if you buy at the airport ) .Always a useful item to travel with especially with the quality of headphones the airlines provided cannot understand the dialogue and so i take a set of better quality headphones with me. If you are in business or first then this does not apply ,

A headphone adapter - one pin female/two pin male, costing about 150 baht in a larger Big C - plus decent earphones (I buy Sure or Denon) or a lightweight headset is an essential requirement for frequent flyers like me in agricultural class.

You will get a clearer sound, much less outside noise and (overlooked but important) usually a much higher volume potential than even the better stuff that the likes of Emirates Cattle is handing out.

I've found that the 2 flat pin plugs with the relatively short pins don't stay in the socket very well, particularly Apple plugs. I use a 2 round pin plug now because it is longer.

Thai has 100+ films, but I've started whizzing through IMDB before take off because (through no fault of Thai) Hollywood is producing some right old crap and I'm fed up of starting a film and giving up ater 20 minutes.

On the A380 economy, try and get upstairs at the back. It is a small cabin and tends not to have children up there.

• 3 months later...

Flew in on an A380 from LHR at the weekend and I didn't see any sign of AC power in cattle (upstairs @ the back), I did look and all that is mentioned on the in flight entertainment system is a USB A socket in the seatback in front of you..... which I used.

As for the audio feed as others have posted it's the common 2 x mono 3.5mm jack arrangment, I have a couple of adaptors in my bag along with my noise cancelling in ear headphones, although the upstairs back cabin is not particularly noisy.

Andrew

Flew in on an A380 from LHR at the weekend and I didn't see any sign of AC power in cattle (upstairs @ the back), I did look and all that is mentioned on the in flight entertainment system is a USB A socket in the seatback in front of you..... which I used.

As for the audio feed as others have posted it's the common 2 x mono 3.5mm jack arrangment, I have a couple of adaptors in my bag along with my noise cancelling in ear headphones, although the upstairs back cabin is not particularly noisy.

Andrew

It's possible to charge mobiles from the USB plug on the a380 even in cattle class.