Govt launches community budget-food centers to help consumers

Lite Beer

Govt launches community budget-food centers to help consumers

BANGKOK, 21 June 2015, (NNT) - Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha during his weekly televised address unveiled a number of programs aimed at alleviating financial burden of consumers.

According to the Prime Minister, the government has recently launched community food centers, where the general public can buy a meal at no more than 20 baht. The budget food centers are jointly run with local operators who are subsidized by the Ministry of Finance.

Apart from the budget-food centers, the government has also planned to market affordable packaged rice available via co-ops. It aims to strengthen the role of co-ops in order to minimize the influence of middlemen.

General Prayut said the government would continue to promote the community market project and develop co-ops into community product suppliers, so that consumers can obtain goods directly from producers. As for small-and medium-sized businesses, General Prayut disclosed that the government had approved two assistance programs for SMEs-- one a 15-billion baht soft loan project, and the other a first-year guarantee fee waiver increase for SMEs borrowers.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-21 footer_n.gif

Great initiative by the government again to alleviate pressure on the poor.

This co-op plan is very close to Khun Korns project with "IM Rice".

Lets hope it gets off the ground.

Remember red apologists anything that helps the poor is a good thing, but I await the excuses not because it is a a good scheme to help the poor, but because some are bitter and twisted the PTP didn't think of it and the Junta will get the credit for it. I imagine populist will be used by the very same people that were the loudest at defending the failed unsustainable rice scam previously. Confused bunch that they are.

Well done Prayut and co. Great work again.

Edited by djjamie

So are these "centers" going to compete with private sellers cutting into their income? If so I guess they'll use tax money from everyone to pay for it? There will of course be no corruption or other extracurricular money made from it?

Governments are always so efficient at spending taxpayer money that this will probably be a good earner for everyone in the food chain. LOL.

Remember red apologists anything that helps the poor is a good thing, but I await the excuses not because it is a a good scheme to help the poor, but because some are bitter and twisted the PTP didn't think of it and the Junta will get the credit for it. I imagine populist will be used by the very same people that were the loudest at defending the failed unsustainable rice scam previously. Confused bunch that they are.

I know, this might come as a surprise to you:

Thai people don't want food stamps, they want free speech and democracy returned...........

Thai people don't want food stamps, they want free speech and democracy returned...........

What rubbish you come out with, anything to get your post count up. Over 4,000 of them in just 10 months. Most of them anal one-liners. bah.gif

Do you honestly believe someone who is hungry gives a rat's ass about free speech and democracy ?

And it may surprise you that a lot of people in Thailand are still suffering financially because of the blundering and incompetent previous poor excuse for a government.

How about concentrating more on the content of your posts and a bit less on the quantity of them. thumbsup.gif

Does anyone have any detail on these "initiatives"?

How many of these food centers are there? Where are they? How do rural people get to them? Does anyone have access to them, or just "poor people".

Have any of the mentioned community markets and co-ops been opened? How many? Where?

The PM mentioned, in his weekly speech, that rural folk should be eating bugs and frogs. Will these delicacies be on offer at these food centers?

So are these "centers" going to compete with private sellers cutting into their income? If so I guess they'll use tax money from everyone to pay for it? There will of course be no corruption or other extracurricular money made from it?

Governments are always so efficient at spending taxpayer money that this will probably be a good earner for everyone in the food chain. LOL.

Not sure where you are from but where I come from they have had these types of centers for many years, offering meals to people who are needy. I believe many of them are subsidized by the government and some of them are funded 100% by charities and donations.

And yes, I believe they "compete with private sellers cutting into their income" as you suggested.

"There will of course be no corruption or other extracurricular money made from it?"..........??????????? Did you ask the same question every time previous governments introduced a scheme to assist poor people ? Or did these "populist" schemes not exist ?

You certainly do have a negative attitude when it comes to helping to feed the poor. I don't have an issue with mine, and I don't mind helping the needy.

How many of these food centers are there? Where are they? How do rural people get to them? Does anyone have access to them, or just "poor people".

Have any of the mentioned community markets and co-ops been opened? How many? Where?

The PM mentioned, in his weekly speech, that rural folk should be eating bugs and frogs. Will these delicacies be on offer at these food centers?

Ten sentences, nine of them questions ! clap2.gif

I am sure there are several TVF members anxiously awaiting the opening of these food centres. Another opportunity to mingle with the natives.

Another opportunity Ratty ? I doubt if some of our fellow members have ever mingled with Thai people, and their lack of knowledge regarding Thai culture and habits shines through in their comments. biggrin.png

What about food at the temples, most temples should have ample to give out for free.

Why the need for government subsidies when the system is already there. All it needs is for a shift in mindset away from constructing new edifices and supporting the needs of the poor instead.

Exactly, one more question... can you answer one of that nine, I doubt...

OK, How about this one - "Does anyone have access to them, or just "poor people".".................Well, the whole reason they are doing it is to provide cheap meals for the poor. So if a car load of hi-so/elite/Amart/rednecks pulled up in the latest model Merc and pulled out their 20baht notes they would probably tell them to f-off.

The rest of the questions are not worth answering, but if I did the answers would be dripping in sarcasm.

I doubt if you could answer them.

OK, How about this one - "Does anyone have access to them, or just "poor people".".................Well, the whole reason they are doing it is to provide cheap meals for the poor. So if a car load of hi-so/elite/Amart/rednecks pulled up in the latest model Merc and pulled out their 20baht notes they would probably tell them to f-off.

The rest of the questions are not worth answering, but if I did the answers would be dripping in sarcasm.

I doubt if you could answer them.

And you are complaining about the quality of my posts........................coffee1.gif

Are you using a random word generator to create your masterpieces ??

When millions protest against the PTP including farmers you denounce them as a minority (I thought farmers were the majority) yet when 7 students protest they are apparently the voice of the majority and you have the audacity to tell me what the majority want based on nothing more than beliefs!!!

That is PTP majority logic...The ethos is "I don't care what the majority want, I tell you what I think the majority want facts aside"

That my friend is why reform is needed because it is time to let the majority speak for themselves. They did with elections in 2010 which I expect. they did over the last 10 years which I accept. Fortunately they don't now which you unfortunately don't accept.

The only thing that surprises me from you in this article is you were not the first one to post a comment.

Edited by djjamie

When millions protest against the PTP including farmers you denounce them as a minority (I thought farmers were the majority) yet when 7 students protest they are apparently the voice of the majority and you have the audacity to tell me what the majority want based on nothing more than beliefs!!!

That is PTP majority logic...The ethos is "I don't care what the majority want, I tell you what I think the majority want facts aside"

That my friend is why reform is needed because it is time to let the majority speak for themselves. They did with elections in 2010 which I expect. they did over the last 10 years which I accept. Fortunately they don't now which you unfortunately don't accept.

The only thing that surprises me from you in this article is you were not the first one to post a comment.

Millions protest, well thats at best stretching the truth. You seem very sure that you know what the majority now think, wish I knew that, unfortunately no-one knows what the majority think.

If you are basing your beliefs on a Dusit poll, well I also by popular mandate have the largest male member on the planet!

Trouble with you and the prognosticators on TVF of both flavors is that you view Thai politics through your home country prism of absolute and moral certainly.

The problem with that is that Thai's views and beliefs are fluid and changeable. If you want conviction best you stick to Fox News

You have one thing in common with Prayut: You both losing it by the minute..............coffee1.gif

Read your post 3 times and seriously I don't get your point (if any)

Millions protest, well thats at best stretching the truth. You seem very sure that you know what the majority now think, wish I knew that, unfortunately no-one knows what the majority think.

If you are basing your beliefs on a Dusit poll, well I also by popular mandate have the largest male member on the planet!

Trouble with you and the prognosticators on TVF of both flavors is that you view Thai politics through your home country prism of absolute and moral certainly.

The problem with that is that Thai's views and beliefs are fluid and changeable. If you want conviction best you stick to Fox News

Re-read the poll question - was it "have" or "are"?

Refer to ikke #2

Refer to ikke #2

What about food at the temples, most temples should have ample to give out for free.

Why the need for government subsidies when the system is already there. All it needs is for a shift in mindset away from constructing new edifices and supporting the needs of the poor instead.

Refer to ikke #2

You have one thing in common with Prayut: You both losing it by the minute..............coffee1.gif

Read your post 3 times and seriously I don't get your point (if any)

I bring an case forward and all you is denounce me and drink coffee! Noting to say? No rebuttal? No articulate response and through frustration a feeble reply that denounces me while you sip on coffee?

That reply alone ensures i won this round.

You truly do mirror the party you support.

Thank god you don't have access to M79 grande launchers lest that frustration boil over.

For 4 years I have heard nothing , but "The PTP are helping the poor" and "It is not populism if you give the voters what they want" and "I support the poor" and "The poor rice farmers are the backbone of this country"

Fast forward to the democracy restoration team that understand elections are but one principle of 15 when describing democracy and we have the following; "Populist nonsense" and "Thai people don't want food stamps, they want free speech and democracy returned" and 'If you want conviction best you stick to Fox News"

Not a word about the poor whose plight that you held a strong conviction for over 4 years. The poor that were heralded as the backbone of society that needed undying support. Not a word. Not a snifter. Not a single sentence embracing their plight that you aggressively (aggressive being the appropriate word too) backed for 4 years when the PTP were in power. Not one single statement offering solace to the poor people that this program would help that is in stark contrast to the previous 4 years of rhetoric. Not one....

I get attacked, denounced and belittled by the guys that defended the poor for 4 years and wash any program that helps them aside now reminding me of my family day out in Khon Kaen when we were denounced, attacked and belittled by the red shirts that these same people defend.

No wonder I think reform is needed.

This program is to help the poor guys. Get over your radical fundamentalism and see it for what it is.

To praise a rice scheme for helping the poor when it didn't help 2.49 of the poorest farmers yet denounce this program for helping the poorest is not a sign of a balanced person that adopts the plight of the poor. It is the sign of a person that defends a party at the behest of the poor and only support the poor when it suits there agenda. Toss the poor aside when they don't suit the agenda. I saw it when the PTP were in power with the protesting farmers for goodness sake.

No wonder the majority have no respect for the PTP anymore when their 7% violent minority have the audacity to speak for a majority that has turned their back on them...

I bet if the majority vote for the PTP at the next election there will be no excuses. If and when they don't the excuses will fall quicker than a rock on the gravity of Jupiter.

Edited by djjamie

I bring an case forward and all you is denounce me and drink coffee! Noting to say? No rebuttal? No articulate response and through frustration a feeble reply that denounces me while you sip on coffee?

That reply alone ensures i won this round.

You truly do mirror the party you support.

Thank god you don't have access to M79 grande launchers lest that frustration boil over.

He does not support any party, he is just an annoying troll who has racked up over 4,000 posts in 10 months !

He attacks both the reds and the junta as a way of getting more posts in.

Anyone who clocks up posts at that rate is a serious troll.

Disgusting thing to say. You're a real piece of work you are.

I am the piece of work yet your ilk defend the guys throwing M79's?

Truth hurts my friend. It truly hurts.

Have great night my friend and I wish you nothing but peace.