Valve failure (I suspect) on recent head-gasket job

You are talking about the fan that blows air over the aircon unit and into the car? .... I can only think of a couple of things

1 - a bad connection 'somewhere' that a bit of vibration sorts out OR

2 - fan motor brushes sticking (if it has brushes) again sorted by a few bumps in the road.

You don't seem to have an awful amount of luck with the car ... try the Thai way ... change the reg number to a lucky one .....your wife will sort you a lucky number .................

Edited by JAS21

You are talking about the fan that blows air over the aircon unit and into the car? .... I can only think of a couple of things

1 - a bad connection 'somewhere' that a bit of vibration sorts out OR

2 - fan motor brushes sticking (if it has brushes) again sorted by a few bumps in the road.

You don't seem to have an awful amount of luck with the car ... try the Thai way ... change the reg number to a lucky one .....your wife will sort you a lucky number .................

Haha, proof I am lucky - no wife! ;)

But yeah, talking about the fan that blows air out of the dashboard vents at your face. This fan will come on eventually even if the car hasn't moved. It just takes 1-5 minutes sometimes, whether the car is sitting or driving. But yeah it does sound something like a short.

Someone mentioned 'auto air con' - if that's like what I had on my 70s and 80s Cadillacs... I never heard of that on a Japanese car. But of course it doesn't have that. You move a little lever from 1-2-3-4 for fan speed. It doesn't work at first sometimes, then comes on later.