People gather to support student detainees

Lite Beer

People gather to support student detainees
THE NATION

30263741-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- SOME 250 people showed up at the skywalk near Bangkok Arts and Culture Centre Friday night to express their support for the 14 detained anti-coup students, writing messages on post-it notes, despite the presence of some 100 police.

Danai Kunnathameak, who took part in the October 14, 1973 uprising, was among the crowd. He said he had shown up to express support for the 14 students. "I've fought in the past and am not afraid anymore," he said.

Poet laureate Zakariya Amataya, who was also present, said he had come to offer moral support to the student detainees.

A Thammasat University third-year student, who asked not to be named, said: "I'm here today to express my support for the 14 students as the post-it event allows us to freely express our views in a peaceful way."

The atmosphere was calm as of press time, as people continued writing their views on post-it notes. Police were nearby, observing the situation but did not interrupt the activity.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/People-gather-to-support-student-detainees-30263741.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-03

It is not possible for these people to really care for democracy and freedom of speech on their own will: they are being manipulated by obscure forces....

Pray tell what obscure forces may they be....

Wait a minute. I thought Thaksin paid red shirts to lob bombs and terrorize. These people are protesting peacefully. Maybe, just maybe junta lovers, these people are genuinely aggrieved with your beloved, paranoid, heavy handed junta.

I'd love To go down there and show My support, but I know as a whitey I'd be carted off for attitude adjustment straight away. These students are far braver than I.

Soon we'll get posts stating that it's not possible that these people really care for democracy and freedom of speech on their own will, and that they are manipulated by obscure forces..... smile.png

Not so obscure.

And I guess those posts will be close to the truth

Wait a minute. I thought Thaksin paid red shirts to lob bombs and terrorize. These people are protesting peacefully. Maybe, just maybe junta lovers, these people are genuinely aggrieved with your beloved, paranoid, heavy handed junta.

I'd love To go down there and show My support, but I know as a whitey I'd be carted off for attitude adjustment straight away. These students are far braver than I.

I thought Thaksin paid red shirts to lob bombs and terrorize

Correct, but he also knows how to use martyrs - if it's not him

he started his first war against democracy and for money corruption and importance from the shadows ((installing the reds)

now this is the start of his second

part three will probably be letting the reds get "out of control"

Soon we'll get posts stating that it's not possible that these people really care for democracy and freedom of speech on their own will, and that they are manipulated by obscure forces..... smile.png

manipulated by obscure forces??

paid by Thaksin?

I was there a couple days after the red shirts burned buildings in Bangkok......There is no excuse supporting them, even if they are peaceful this time until they see an opening.

I was there a couple days after the red shirts burned buildings in Bangkok......There is no excuse supporting them, even if they are peaceful this time until they see an opening.

irrelevant.. unconnected... to be anti-military junta does not a red shirt make... foolish conclusion and a red herring from yellow shirt Ammart apologists

This will get out of control soon, if the junta don't release the students they can forget about their long term plans to stay in power.

Undoubtedly. What the junta gonna do? Social media will have at them if any force is used. These students and their supporters aren't armed to the teeth with Molotov cocktails and machetes/popcorn guns are they?

irrelevant.. unconnected... to be anti-military junta does not a red shirt make... foolish conclusion and a red herring from yellow shirt Ammart apologists

oh yes.... yellow shirt .... amart ...

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

better talk about ... violence ....corruption .... Thaksin

Edited by sweatalot

"...Police were nearby, observing the situation but did not interrupt the activity..."

Very wise of a military/police force in a time where very little wisdom is found in their actions.

Prayut has made lots of mistakes and continues making them, but this MAY be his undoing.

It is not possible for these people to really care for democracy and freedom of speech on their own will: they are being manipulated by obscure forces....

Your post may say more about you than about the students. What is it like to feel spineless?

In order to know red shirts burned buildings, it is necessary to know their identities. Can you name them please?

Not so obscure.

And I guess those posts will be close to the truth

Guess in one hand and defecate in the other and see which hand gets full first.

All these people are paid by Thansin. New movement paid for buy old leader who can buy votes and pay for the people to riot again. Khun PM stop this before they get a foot in the door!

All these people are paid by Thansin. New movement paid for buy old leader who can buy votes and pay for the people to riot again. Khun PM stop this before they get a foot in the door!

Spoken like a true Yellow idiot. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, IF you can show me one piece of evidence, just one, that these students and their supporters are receiving a single stang from Thaksin. So, basically it's "put up or shut up" time for you.

This will get out of control soon, if the junta don't release the students they can forget about their long term plans to stay in power.

The law is the law and you do not obey the laws you go to jail. The law abiding people who are tired of having there PM,s get rich while they get poorer and

most of the farmer seen the light and the rest of the nation is reading and getting wiser as we speak. The students a puppet for a much bigger movement if they are not held subject to the law!

My g/f who is much more in touch with the Thai scene tells me that students who study into the night and get hungry and head for 7/11 for noodles in the middle of the night are being stopped and questioned by police and asked for ID cards. Are we still under curfew or am I missing something here.

Did you go on a special course to learn how to come to a conclusion like that, because I cannot imagine anyone managing it naturally!