Any Good Live Band Music Bars Or Clubs In Pattaya?

nonameidentified

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first band starts at 9pm and they are amongst the best in Pattaya (individually some maybe the best in their field) but i've always kept an open mind on guests playing early, Work permits can be a problem although i'm not to worried as they are'nt working, the other problem of course is some are'nt really good enough. :D

What about those expats who work in the day and used to play in bands before? That can solve those work permit problems.

What they do in singapore is that they pay the musicians cash on hand directly after the gig. They are paid by hour and there's no tax forms to fill for the musicians. So sometimes the person might be playing just for a week or a night. They come and go but good music stays!

They are still legally not allowed to perform, although as said jamming etc normally is'nt a problem.

Well, anyway it's just a suggestion. By the way, if you need any guest musicians appearance once in a while like special gig for a night, you can let me know. They do visit Thailand pretty often. And well, of course they are not amateurs. :o

Who are they?

Gheez, there's quite a lot of friends that I know. There's a band that I know who used to play at the Hard Rock Cafe singapore for a good old 10 years before they move on to play at another bar. They are called 'Jive Talking'. Then, there are some musicians here and there that I know in singapore who plays jazz, and some play rock and blues.

Well, guess they might not be as famous as your house band perhaps. :D

Gheez, there's quite a lot of friends that I know. There's a band that I know who used to play at the Hard Rock Cafe singapore for a good old 10 years before they move on to play at another bar. They are called 'Jive Talking'. Then, there are some musicians here and there that I know in singapore who plays jazz, and some play rock and blues.

Well, guess they might not be as famous as your house band perhaps. :D

Probably not :D

They've done ok in their career's, here's a snippet about Snowman-

In the early Nineties, he hooked up with guitarist Ken Minahan to form a long-lasting duo dubbed Piano Bob and The Snowman. The pair garnered a respectable local following and even toured through several Southern states, supporting blues legends B.B. King, Luther Allison, Pinetop Perkins, and Tab Benoit, among others. They also garnered some high-profile accolades, including the prestigious B.B. King Lucille award for Best Unsigned Act at the 1992 W.C. Handy Awards national blues competition in Memphis and, here at home, New Times honors for Best Blues Act of 1993.
He's proud of what he's achieved.

:o

Edited by davethailand