replacing coffee as caffein source

h90

H90, hello,

it is a pity to spend of a good coffee, coffee1.gif very strong in the morning.
Complete with squares of baking chocolate (the one with 70 or 75% cocoa) and wash your teeth once a week with baking soda diluted in water oxygenated to 10 volumes coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

yes good strong hot coffee in the morning is some of the real pleasures in life and doesn't make you fat.....Specially if you slept not enough or have a slight hangover than the coffee even tastes better.

But beside making my teeth black it elevates the cholesterol level so maybe it is good to stop it.

(but don't like the chocolate....but further blacken my teeth with red wine and blueberries.....)

I had a special toothpaste + a strong electric brush but without really grinding off the surface it doesn't seem to help.

So again it seems like with all pleasures it has its downsides.....

Elevates the cholestorol? I don´t hink so. There is no fat in coffe!

fat is not the point with cholesterol, at least not here. It is something in the coffee. It is not with filter coffee as the paper binds it but with the other coffees.

It isn't dramatic but it exists. And I am a bit high....not dramatic but still, it is in my genetic as it seems.

If you Google, you will find lots of caffeine gum and mints on the web. The US military makes caffeine gum available to its members. These have the same effect as caffeine tablets but are more quickly effective and provide some oral stimulation to help replace the pleasure of sipping coffee. I used the gum for years because it is safer to chew rather than juggling a coffee cup while you're driving to work.

Had a similar lack of success asking for caffeine tablets at pharmacies in Udon.

Don't enjoy coffee, so my occasional caffeine intake comes from M-150 (or similar).

Have ordered some tablets from the UK. Will update when/if they get here.

Previous thread may be of some interest

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/245911-caffeine-tablets-legal-in-thailand/

Edited by sean in udon

H90, hello,

it is a pity to spend of a good coffee, coffee1.gif very strong in the morning.
Complete with squares of baking chocolate (the one with 70 or 75% cocoa) and wash your teeth once a week with baking soda diluted in water oxygenated to 10 volumes coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

yes good strong hot coffee in the morning is some of the real pleasures in life and doesn't make you fat.....Specially if you slept not enough or have a slight hangover than the coffee even tastes better.

But beside making my teeth black it elevates the cholesterol level so maybe it is good to stop it.

(but don't like the chocolate....but further blacken my teeth with red wine and blueberries.....)

I had a special toothpaste + a strong electric brush but without really grinding off the surface it doesn't seem to help.

fat is not the point with cholesterol, at least not here. It is something in the coffee. It is not with filter coffee as the paper binds it but with the other coffees.

It isn't dramatic but it exists. And I am a bit high....not dramatic but still, it is in my genetic as it seems.

I did not know that, good to know. However I use to drink filtercoffee so I guess I am OK then. My dentist said the colouring on my teeths is normal. And after he polished them they are brand new again:-) He said the worst is tee. I am from Sweden and we drink a lot. About 7-8 cups per day. Why don´t you change to filtercoffee instead? I also use a Bosch tooth brush machine. Maybe that helps to. The trick is to find the coffeebrand that suits you. I use to bring from Sweden when I come to Thailand. But I guess I have to find a locla brand when I am going to settle down here. I hope I will find something otherwise I have to import from Sweden. You know that new science shows that coffee is very good agains some cancer types? I don´t remember which ones but prostate cancer was among them. And not only a little impact. I was a great deal.

I did not know that, good to know. However I use to drink filtercoffee so I guess I am OK then. My dentist said the colouring on my teeths is normal. And after he polished them they are brand new again:-) He said the worst is tee. I am from Sweden and we drink a lot. About 7-8 cups per day. Why don´t you change to filtercoffee instead? I also use a Bosch tooth brush machine. Maybe that helps to. The trick is to find the coffeebrand that suits you. I use to bring from Sweden when I come to Thailand. But I guess I have to find a locla brand when I am going to settle down here. I hope I will find something otherwise I have to import from Sweden. You know that new science shows that coffee is very good agains some cancer types? I don´t remember which ones but prostate cancer was among them. And not only a little impact. I was a great deal.

yes it is normal and mine look good after polishing as well. But if I have a dental cleaning every 8 month I have colored teeth maybe 4 month of it.....

Why no filtercoffee....because it tastes terrible......

There are some good coffee here, some of the "aroma" brand, not ground yet. Once we bought ground aroma and it wasn't too good.

You could try to find a replacement called guarana.

Just as effective as coffee and perfectly legal.

I take one pill of guarana extract everyday and it works as coffee but it's much stronger, so if you have problems with high blood pressure, be very careful or don't even consider it.

Where is this available in Thailand? pattaya? please?

Go to a pharmacy or some shop where they have body building products.

As I live in Phuket, I have no idea where they have it in Pattaya.

classic example of mind over matter. You just convince yourself you need coffee every day.

Try warm water and lemon juice has same effect. better for you

How do I convince myself I'm not puking from the migraine I get from caffeine withdrawal?

Actually in some (all??) migraine tablets there is some caffeine.

I use Caffegot tablets for my migraines which is just high percentage of caffeine and i am lucky they work ( apparently they do not work on all migraines) but i was warned not to take too many ( 6 in a 24 hour period) as you can suffer gangrene . How the caffeine gives you gangrene i do not understand but one tablet will work for me if i have it at first sign of migraine.

Also have you thought of having a Yebe Mate tea every morning. There have been previous posts on Yebe Mate' on TV .

classic example of mind over matter. You just convince yourself you need coffee every day.

Try warm water and lemon juice has same effect. better for you

How do I convince myself I'm not puking from the migraine I get from caffeine withdrawal?

Actually in some (all??) migraine tablets there is some caffeine.

I use Caffegot tablets for my migraines which is just high percentage of caffeine and i am lucky they work ( apparently they do not work on all migraines) but i was warned not to take too many ( 6 in a 24 hour period) as you can suffer gangrene . How the caffeine gives you gangrene i do not understand but one tablet will work for me if i have it at first sign of migraine.

Also have you thought of having a Yebe Mate tea every morning. There have been previous posts on Yebe Mate' on TV .

Had a similar lack of success asking for caffeine tablets at pharmacies in Udon.

Don't enjoy coffee, so my occasional caffeine intake comes from M-150 (or similar).

Have ordered some tablets from the UK. Will update when/if they get here.

Previous thread may be of some interest

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/245911-caffeine-tablets-legal-in-thailand/

Arrived today.

Hope it's ok to post the link

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221693523313

Cost £7.75 inclusive of international shipping

Bought 240 tabs. They're 200mg, which would have me bouncing off the walls and twitching like a lunatic. 25mg is enough, so some experimentation chopping them up is next.

post-195973-14369591652752_thumb.jpg

Picture is of one packet containing 120 tabs. And a 10 baht coin for size reference.

i also drink and enjoy good black organic coffee and suffer the same as the OP ... i make my own baking soda/peroxide mix and clean my teeth once a week to remove the coffee stains ..works well , i have also in the last two months increased my Maca intake and i am reducing my coffee intake at the same time ... working well so far .... good organic coffee is good for you !!!

Snort amphetamines ..just as addictive as caffeine, stronger kick than caffeine ... but won't stain your teeth.

laugh.png

cocaine was used like caffeine for a while. And it should be possible for some people to use it responsible, but many others get addicted and massive problems. But I never heard from crazy/dangerous coffee junkies who are dealing their at the subway station.

Perhaps you would if caffeine were illegal and/or cost 100$ a gram.

rijit

Arrived today.

Bought 240 tabs. They're 200mg, which would have me bouncing off the walls and twitching like a lunatic. 25mg is enough, so some experimentation chopping them up is next.

Picture is of one packet containing 120 tabs. And a 10 baht coin for size reference.

Given that you have just received a shipment of a drug that's not available in Thailand (possibly because it's illegal, I don't know), you may want to go to the temple and donate a few baht.

Next time, you may end up in one of those photos where everyone is pointing at you.

Coffee is the most widely consumed of all stimulating drinks. The user is seeking enhancements in mood, mental performance, and physical activity. (Starbucks’ popularity can be directly tied to the potency of their brew – 550 mg of caffeine per Coffee Grande.) Within minutes of that first morning cup, people become keener, more alert, and wide awake. Not only is the mind awakened but so are the bowels – a cup of coffee starts the day right with a vigorous elimination. For some people, coffee serves as a weight loss aid by suppressing appetite and increasing metabolism (burning calories). If not for the side effects, this might be the ideal legal, mind-altering, drug. But, as with all drugs, there are prices to be paid.

- Raises Blood Pressure

- Raise Your Cholesterol by 10%

- Burns Your Stomach

- Irregular heart beats (arrhythmias), nervous tremor, headaches, anxiety, teeth-grinding, jaw-clenching, insomnia, frequent urination, elevated eye pressure (glaucoma), diarrhea, osteoporosis and periodontal diseases may be other reasons to add to your list for quitting. When the fear of future health problems, like heart attacks, and the suffering from anxiety, indigestion, and the urge to urinate every few minutes becomes sufficiently troubling, you then may decide life would be better without this upsetting drug.

Coffee is the most widely consumed of all stimulating drinks. The user is seeking enhancements in mood, mental performance, and physical activity. (Starbucks’ popularity can be directly tied to the potency of their brew – 550 mg of caffeine per Coffee Grande.) Within minutes of that first morning cup, people become keener, more alert, and wide awake. Not only is the mind awakened but so are the bowels – a cup of coffee starts the day right with a vigorous elimination. For some people, coffee serves as a weight loss aid by suppressing appetite and increasing metabolism (burning calories). If not for the side effects, this might be the ideal legal, mind-altering, drug. But, as with all drugs, there are prices to be paid.

- Raises Blood Pressure

- Raise Your Cholesterol by 10%

- Burns Your Stomach

- Irregular heart beats (arrhythmias), nervous tremor, headaches, anxiety, teeth-grinding, jaw-clenching, insomnia, frequent urination, elevated eye pressure (glaucoma), diarrhea, osteoporosis and periodontal diseases may be other reasons to add to your list for quitting. When the fear of future health problems, like heart attacks, and the suffering from anxiety, indigestion, and the urge to urinate every few minutes becomes sufficiently troubling, you then may decide life would be better without this upsetting drug.

Having witnessed several people withdrawing off crack cocaine and 1st hand of cold turkeying be it a mild coffee 'habit' barring the

legality , tbh from what ive seen there aint that bigger a diference.

rijit

Edited by rijit

Arrived today.

Given that you have just received a shipment of a drug that's not available in Thailand (possibly because it's illegal, I don't know), you may want to go to the temple and donate a few baht.

Next time, you may end up in one of those photos where everyone is pointing at you.

"A drug that's not available in Thailand." I wonder what they put in Pepsi, coca cola and red bull? Perhaps Thailand has special caffeine free versions of these drinks.

As for going to the temple, I'm not sure that's enough. Maybe I should buy an amulet for protection. Can you recommend one which would protect me from the caffeine police?

"A drug that's not available in Thailand." I wonder what they put in Pepsi, coca cola and red bull? Perhaps Thailand has special caffeine free versions of these drinks.

As for going to the temple, I'm not sure that's enough. Maybe I should buy an amulet for protection. Can you recommend one which would protect me from the caffeine police?

I'm not faulting you for what you did. I've often considered doing the same, or asking friends to haul back a few bottles of No Doz when they return from the USA.

I don't see a problem with it from a common sense point of view. But common sense plays very little part in the regulations about crossing borders with drugs of any nature and shipping drugs across borders.

So I don't have caffeine shipped to myself, and I don't ask friends to cross the border with it. I like it here (as long as my company mails my paychecks here), and I don't want to risk the problems that could come up...

Amulets? Can't help you there. I can't tell the difference between a 5 baht carved rock and a priceless amulet. But everyone knows going to the temple and donating a few baht will make life better...

Did a bit of research before I ordered, just in case.

Take a look at http://www.salon.com/2000/03/15/coffee_3/ and http://coffeefaq.com/site/node/13

They both refer to northern Thailand, and to be specific, 6 provinces. I did find another article that listed the 6 provinces, but currently can't find it. Will keep looking and if I find it, will post here.

Udon Thani was definitely not in the 6.

I was happy with my research re the legalities of caffeine in Thailand. Importing was an area with no definitive answer.

If you want reduce your caffiene.intake,pills imo defo aint the way to go. Ive very recently decided to stop drinking coffee and now drink tea, not tea bags if i can help it, tea leaves, its almost a diferent drink

Feel a load better for the change.

rijit

• 2 weeks later...

Just brush your teeth after you drink coffee.

I drink a full pot every morning, but just that so that it doesn't disturb my sleep. I brush my teeth immediately after drinking it. As long as you are brushing properly (little circles, etc.) and spending enough time on the front teeth, there will be no yellowing or darkening from coffee.

I became particularly conscious of this as I got older. As long as you brush your teeth right after drinking coffee and do a proper job, there won't be any staining.

I'm sure you're aware that there is powdered caffeine, too, if you just want the stimulant.