Fish and Chips (British Style)?

burnalot

Best fish and chips I've had in the past ten years was in Devon, a chippie in Tiverton, absolutely stunning cod and chips, GBP 5.20

Years ago, when I was a lad (!) in Bridlington, the town was saturated with high quality chippies, sadly most all long gone. Back n them thar days the cod would be swimming in the North sea at 3am, be in the hold of a trawler by 4am, on the pier in a box by 7am and on a plate in a local restaurant by noon, eee by gum!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best fish and chips I've had in the past ten years was in Devon, a chippie in Tiverton, absolutely stunning cod and chips, GBP 5.20

Years ago, when I was a lad (!) in Bridlington, the town was saturated with high quality chippies, sadly most all long gone. Back n them thar days the cod would be swimming in the North sea at 3am, be in the hold of a trawler by 4am, on the pier in a box by 7am and on a plate in a local restaurant by noon, eee by gum!

Bridlington's my first choice for beach & Fish'n'chips when visiting UK. We made the mistake of going to Scarboro this year sad.png Was OK, but too crowded & a longer drive.

• 4 weeks later...

I eat from Dee's Mobile Fish and Chips usually every week when he visits my street.

Admittedly the fish is hardly fantastic quality, but the delicious batter, tasty chips and the price at 60 baht make it something I always look forward to.

When I was in the Philippines a while back I ordered Fish and Chips at the place I was staying and out came... fish and crisps. Battered fish and potato chips, I thought it was hilarious.

The best fish and chips I ever had was oddly in Hong Kong, the fish was so meaty and filling, I asked the server what type of fish it was and she said cod, that's what it said on the menu but I doubt it, was too firm and meaty.

Edited by bananafish

Bridlington's my first choice for beach & Fish'n'chips when visiting UK. We made the mistake of going to Scarboro this year sad.png Was OK, but too crowded & a longer drive.

Get yourself to Robin Hood's Bay - that was the winner for us last year.

You can't really go wrong in Whitby either.

Plz folks. The UK is totally OFF TOPIC, in all respects.

If the subject of the thread is British Style Fish and Chips, the UK is totally ON TOPIC, perhaps we should change the title though to something like, British Style Fish and Chips Excluding those found in Brisbane. laugh.png

Edited by chiang mai