Taking The Car From Bkk To Pattaya

AlexLah

Hi All,

Just a question on what road highway, motorway I have to take when wanting to go from BKK to Pattaya.

I tried Google and search this forum but I guess I filled out wrong keywords whatever.

Just like to lnow how I get from Rama 3 road to Pattaya the fastest way.

Yep I have seen websites that tell take Rama 9 road and then?

I am just one week per month in Thailand so not so experienced with the roads here na.

If someone can help me and give me some detailed roadmap I would really appreciate it.

I live on Rama 3 road.

Thanks all,

Alex

Yea, take Rama 9 which passes by the new airport and becomes at some point the #7 highway. Just keep going for 1.5 hours (more or less depending on the number of lorries further down the motorway) and follow the signs for Pattaya.

They're working on increasing the number of lanes at the moment so traffic can be dodgy.

You can go down Bangna-Trat on the overhead expressway but then you have to contend with Chon Buri (unless you exxit early and join the #7, but it's easy from Rama #3 to Rama #9 so I'd just go that way).

That's my 2 cents worth anyway.

Yes, take that Rama 9 (north of the new airport), it later becomes a paid motorway, just follow it all the way, watch out when the motorway is over - you can't stay in the fast lane anymore, it's for overtaking only and there are always cops waiting for unsuspected motorists. Later on it splits into Rayong/Pattaya, and then joins the main Sukhumwit for the final couple of kilometers.

If you go from Bangna (South of the new airport), you'll have to travel along Sukhumwit for much longer and traffic can be very bad.

:D Bangna trat all the way. Takes about 2 hours, follow the signs to the new airport (don't get off the road though). You'll see it spelled a variety of ways so be aware that 'Phatya' is where you are heading or look for Chonburi all in the same direction.

BAD ADVICE, that's the long way. Guess leisurely dont travel too often. :o

or if he does it's with the Ekamai Bus :D:D:D

Take the 'inland' motorway No.7

Naka.

Edited by naka

... and watch out for those speed cameras. You're not supposed to go faster than 120 kph. If you do, they'll mail you a 400 baht ticket.

Are you joking about that ? or have they really got speed cameras now?

what? speed cameras? I dont think so. I travel at least 180kph on the elevated toll way and never had a problem. :o

Hi all,

Thanks for the great advice.

Ok I will take Rama 9 as advised.

About the high speed cameras I do not worrie.

But are there any low speed cameras? :D

Found myself a nice hotel (Montien) hopefully the weather is not too bad for snorkling

near one of the islands there.

And can find a nice :o

Again thanks all!!

Kind regards,

Alex