Water expert Smith warns Thailand of the worst water shortage to come

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have this situation in Australia every couple of years. Its a weather effect called drought caused by global warming. Everyone must realize we need to conserve the use of water which is restrict its uses & fine people if they do not. In Australia in certain areas even now there is plenty of water there are restrictions on when you can water your garden or wash your car. Here in Thailand they continually waste water hosing down the roads & nut thinking about any sort of conservation. The dams will fill up again when we receive decent rainfall in the catchment areas for the dams. It may be as stated by many "pissing down" in the cities but that does not fill up the dams. Most of that water is lost to rivers or klongs or just sinks into the ground. Everyone world wide needs to conserve our most preciuos resource. WATER

I agree. It must be taught in the schools at the grass root level. Pictures should be taken of the present mess we are in to drive home to students of the future what happens when we take water for granted. It must be pointed out to students on field trips to areas that are full of garbage. It must be explained that their future depends on clean air and water so that when they reach adulthood and possibly hold the reins of power they will understand what needs to be done. Unfortunately the uniqueness of each individual can work against us as we need cohesive action now. Some years ago on this site I mentioned that I shower once a day with my g/f (to save water)and so many people stated how terrible that was and they would hate to stand beside me in a supermarket queue. Well folks you might soon be joining me any converts?

It's been pissing down on Phuket for six weeks and doesn't look like it's about to stop any time soon. What's he on about?

Lucky you. Up here in rural Khampaeng Phet we have had no government water supply for 6 months and rely on the fire truck for replenishment every 2 to 3 weeks.

There are thousands of villages in Central, Northern and North Eastern Thailand in the same position.