Philippine firm hails leadership skills of Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Marcos

webfact

'Superattainers': Philippine firm hails leadership skills of Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Marcos

HONG KONG: -- A Manila-based management recruiting firm that gives leadership awards has extolled Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Attila the Hun, Mao Zedong and Ferdinand Marcos as “superattainers” who are “high achieving individuals.”

The five appear as part of a long list of leadership exemplars on the website of Chalre Associates, which runs the Asia-CEO Awards and hosts a monthly “Asia CEO Forum.” This month, it is organising a lunch featuring senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr, son of the deposed Philippine dictator.

Asked why her company lists the tyrants and their supposed virtues on its websites, Chalre president Rebecca Bustamante-Mills said: “People have different mindsets, have different personalities. It doesn’t mean that we follow them.”

However, the site doesn’t cite the dictators as negative examples - in fact it is silent about their crimes. Of Hitler, it says: “He was instrumental in building the autobahn (superhighway) as well as putting German industry back on its feet” – leaving out the Holocaust in which approximately six millions Jews were killed.

Full story: http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/1840770/superattainers-philippine-firm-hails-leadership-skills

-- South China Morning Post 2015-07-17

I think it's easy to find fault with this sales pitch, and difficult for most to read between the lines and understand what was being said here.

It is inarguable that those characters were charismatic leaders, and through dint of their personalities, found a huge following.

As a management recruitment firm, there are positive things to garner from those dastardly people's modus operandi, speaking style, etc.

The firm is not condoning their outcomes, just appreciating the overall rapture they they were able to achieve.

They were definitely great leaders. Nobody can didn't that. They led alot of souls toward oblivion. Using them as examples was very misguided. How about Mahatma Ghandi? Anwar Sadat? Andrew Carnegie? Ted Turner? Bill Gates. These giants accomplished great things that benefitted humanity.

I think it's easy to find fault with this sales pitch, and difficult for most to read between the lines and understand what was being said here.

It is inarguable that those characters were charismatic leaders, and through dint of their personalities, found a huge following.

As a management recruitment firm, there are positive things to garner from those dastardly people's modus operandi, speaking style, etc.

The firm is not condoning their outcomes, just appreciating the overall rapture they they were able to achieve.

Actually, I was all prepared to be very negative on this article, but I tend to agree with you. If I owned the company I wouldn't have done this, but I don't own it.

I do feel the company should have added at the beginning of this list of leaders some disclaimer about the atrocities they performed, but there's no question these people commanded the attention and following of huge groups of people and I supposed there were some good works they achieved. It's just too bad they used their charisma to lead these groups of people into performing horrible atrocities.

Edited by oneday

Well to be honest they were indeed superachievers. Which has nothing to do with what they achieved.

What?? Most ... if not all ... of what they achieved could not have been done without absolute dictatorial power and intimidation by fear of imprisonment and death. Indeed, the dictator who has his boot on your throat is very charismatic.

Edited by HerbalEd

Well to be honest they were indeed superachievers. Which has nothing to do with what they achieved.

What?? Most ... if not all ... of what they achieved could not have been done without absolute dictatorial power and intimidation by fear of imprisonment and death. Indeed, the dictator who has his boot on your throat is very charismatic.

Yes true, but that does not alter the fact that they were exactly how the company described them.

Yes true, but that does not alter the fact that they were exactly how the company described them.

You're still missing my point. Without the absolute power and fear factor, these dictators could not have achieved what they did. A manager in a company doesn't have that kind of power ... no matter how much charisma and management skills.

Edited by HerbalEd

You're still missing my point. Without the absolute power and fear factor, these dictators could not have achieved what they did. A manager in a company doesn't have that kind of power ... no matter how much charisma and management skills.

I've known a few managers in my time who would have loved to have that power !

Stalin was just an evil SOB and there was nothing great about him at all.

Hitler took his country from nothing to the brink of ruling almost the whole world outside the USA. He must have had some qualities to get the Nation behind him and do that.

Things started going backwards when the pressure of war and syphilis sent him crazy and he proved to us how absolute power does indeed corrupt absolutely. And then lost the plot completely. Before that though, he did rather well. And remember he did it for his country and the German people. There is a lot more to his story than what the 'victors' have written, especially pre-war.

Now they are using the 'EU' to do effectively the same thing. They just conquered Greece.

management consultants sometimes build careers off "advice' from these types. Sociopaths have higher percentage of CEOs than any other profession. This is nothing new, just rip off from Philippines "Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun" (book from 1990) here at link http://www.amazon.com/Leadership-Secrets-Attila-Wess-Roberts/dp/0446391069

I've known a few managers in my time who would have loved to have that power !

Disgusting Donald Trump for one.

Stalin was just an evil SOB and there was nothing great about him at all.

Hitler took his country from nothing to the brink of ruling almost the whole world outside the USA. He must have had some qualities to get the Nation behind him and do that.

Things started going backwards when the pressure of war and syphilis sent him crazy and he proved to us how absolute power does indeed corrupt absolutely. And then lost the plot completely. Before that though, he did rather well. And remember he did it for his country and the German people. There is a lot more to his story than what the 'victors' have written, especially pre-war.

Now they are using the 'EU' to do effectively the same thing. They just conquered Greece.

Is it possible Hitler got syphilis from one of his German shepherds? He seemed like the type. Or maybe he got it from Himmler? Regardless there have been few people in history as deserving of that fate as Adolf the Ahole.

I actually remember a guy in my university who did a paper on why Hitler was a great man. Made everyone in the class puke when the professor gave him a B for the paper.

Tells lot about Your university.

Actually, I was all prepared to be very negative on this article, but I tend to agree with you. If I owned the company I wouldn't have done this, but I don't own it.

I do feel the company should have added at the beginning of this list of leaders some disclaimer about the atrocities they performed, but there's no question these people commanded the attention and following of huge groups of people and I supposed there were some good works they achieved. It's just too bad they used their charisma to lead these groups of people into performing horrible atrocities.

Agreed. The message is a valid one but needs to be very carefully and thoughtfully delivered, to ensure the intended audience knows & understands what you're saying and what you're not saying, and finishes with the right takeaway. With such notorious figures as these, that's possibly more easily said than done.

I actually remember a guy in my university who did a paper on why Hitler was a great man. Made everyone in the class puke when the professor gave him a B for the paper.

Its funny there weren't many non-Nazis before the war in Germany. And then afterwards no-one could find anyone who admitted to being a Nazi.

The same jingoism is applied in the USA and fox media. If you disagree with me, that's just plain unAmerican.

Its funny there weren't many non-Nazis before the war in Germany. And then afterwards no-one could find anyone who admitted to being a Nazi.

The same jingoism is applied in the USA and fox media. If you disagree with me, that's just plain unAmerican.

I hope the class learned something from that obviously intelligent professor.

Singapore's former leader, Lee Kuan Yew, build and ruled the city state by implementing Hitler's and Machiavelli's ideas...

Maybe Thailand's dear leader should get a copy of "Mein Kampf" and Machiavelli's "The Prince".

Quiet, dont give him ideas.....

Oh, but the left never calls those who disagree with THEM racists or Nazis or "-phobes" of one stripe or another... LOL And of course it's ONLY Fox media that's biased, never CNN or MSNBC or PBS. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Oh, but the left never calls those who disagree with THEM racists or Nazis or "-phobes" of one stripe or another... LOL And of course it's ONLY Fox media that's biased, never CNN or MSNBC or PBS. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

That's correct, thanks for pointing it out. It's only ever the right wing that are bad guys.

However my point is rather more about jingoism than polemics