Therapy Dogs in Thailand?

PhuketFarang

In my previous life, I had a coupe of therapy dogs who I took to hospitals, family courts, old folks homes, etc.

I have done some google searches and can't find anything like that in Thailand. Even Therapy Dogs International doesn't have any contact information for anyone here.

Has anyone heard of a therapy dog group in Thailand?

Hey 'PhuketFarang' you ask; "Has anyone heard of a therapy dog group?"

Sorry to say no mate......But we do have network of personal physical/motivational trainer dogs in the area were I ride my bike.

All along my route they will appear and 'motivate' me to ride faster, they are very good, they will just pop out of nowhere and encourage you to get a 'wiggle on'..... Some times they will work in teams, shouting encouragement and jogging alongside.

Tonto.

"Dogs carry diseases" So they do 'jacky54'..... so they do, but so do humans.

And as for passing the said diseases on, humans beat dogs into a cocked hat. In many documented cases Humans have done so intentionally, I don't think a dog has ever done that.

I don't think the OP is talking about fixing 'pork chops' around the necks of sick people, then rounding up a few Soi dogs and letting them loose in the hospital....do you?

I've heard about very results where dogs have been used in hospital and old peoples homes to improve the quality of life for patients.

Just saying.

You're so correct there. There have been millions of nosocomial infections and not a single one attributed to therapy dogs. That's one of the hard parts for these groups... educating the ignorant about this.

"Dogs carry diseases" So they do 'jacky54'..... so they do, but so do humans.

And as for passing the said diseases on, humans beat dogs into a cocked hat. In many documented cases Humans have done so intentionally, I don't think a dog has ever done that.

I don't think the OP is talking about fixing 'pork chops' around the necks of sick people, then rounding up a few Soi dogs and letting them loose in the hospital....do you?

I've heard about very results where dogs have been used in hospital and old peoples homes to improve the quality of life for patients.

Just saying.