Promenada requiring proof of residence

happysanook

They are now requiring proof of residence for 90 day reporting. I used my drivers license, saw one guy use his 3bb bill and a rent receipt from landlord.

Only mentioning it because in 8 years in CM, I never had to do this, so be prepared. If it's already been mentioned, sorry for the double mention.

oh oscar, don't get so excited, you do realize they have a dedicated que just for 90 day reports don't you? I have never been "requested' to use the post. I will combine my 90 day with a visit to Rimping .... sorry to boggle your mind dude.

...oh and thanks for the proof of address tip from the OP.thumbsup.gif

I was wondering why the same posters have to keep on at every opportunity make it sound like there is some thing wrong with taking a 90 day in. I guess it makes them feel superior.wai.gif

Bit harsh NJ.I think Oscar 2 is not trying to feel superior just that obviously the less people that line up at IMM the easy it is for those that choose too

I was required to show proof, last Tuesday, at the Zoo. Would have mailed, but by the time I found out the online system doesn't work with my two computers, 3 browsers, and two operating systems...it was technically too late to mail, but others say that the 15 day rule doesn't matter on mail-ins.

I was wondering why the same posters have to keep on at every opportunity make it sound like there is some thing wrong with taking a 90 day in. I guess it makes them feel superior.wai.gif

Bit harsh NJ.I think Oscar 2 is not trying to feel superior just that obviously the less people that line up at IMM the easy it is for those that choose too

Not harsh at all he has posted it many times and never once given the address.

Of course now that is in Limbo. I have a feeling that it will remain the same. Could be wrong on that.

I did my 90 day last week and was not asked for residence. I also go with my Thai partner and she does all the talking and I just sign when necessary. Looking forward to reports on Promenada.

Every person (while I was there) required it today.

I suspect they'll get weary of it after the 10,000th foreigner acts confused and tries to reason with them for 20 minutes as to why they don't have proof of address. It was taking like 30 min for each 90 day because they'd sit down and the guy would be like "where's your proof of address", then they'd do the routine for 20 min, then finally be persuaded over to the proof of address desk, then sit there for 10 min doing that, then have to butt back into the 90 day reporting line again.

On another note, I was by Promenada this morning and thought I'd take a peek to see how the new Promigation office was doing... At 9:30, it was standing room only, so it looks like most everyone got the message on the move... Nice to see they have also setup a small cantina outside the immigration office in a shaded area and a copy shop has been setup adjacent to the immigration office... I expect the Promenada folks will welcome the additional foot traffic too... All in all, it looks like the new office is off to a running start...

On another note, I was by Promenada this morning and thought I'd take a peek to see how the new Promigation office was doing... At 9:30, it was standing room only, so it looks like most everyone got the message on the move... Nice to see they have also setup a small cantina outside the immigration office in a shaded area and a copy shop has been setup adjacent to the immigration office... I expect the Promenada folks will welcome the additional foot traffic too... All in all, it looks like the new office is off to a running start...

Thanks for the update! I will say, though, that based upon the report earlier in the thread that the "proof of residence" requirement is now in force it's observed effect on customer progression - combined with your "standing room only" observation - makes one wish that with the change of location would come a change in apparent waiting time.

I will have no basis for comparison as I've never had the pleasure of visiting the airport office so I can only hope that any growing pains will have been (mostly) eliminated prior to my maiden visit to the CMI in September.

On the bright side, the coffee at Tom n Toms is acceptable.

I went down to the lobby in my condo today Monday July 20th and immigration was there checking passports of the occupants. There was a guy with a visible badge in the lobby and I think 2 others were going floor to floor. They had what looked like a list under their arm. I asked the guy in the lobby where the correct address was to mail my 90 days and he said the new location sooo maybe somebody can post the correct and complete address. Also some are posting that proof of address is now being required for 90 days so anyone confirming that should post here even duplicates to give us a straw poll of what is happening. Also when mailing must we include this information as well??? I was really surprised to see this as I have been living here for 40 months now and 5 years in Thailand with no visit from immigration. They did not contact me via a visit at the door or a call on my mobile. Again I was surprised as the girls in the office do a great job of informing us that they require information for immigration. We are suddenly though getting new short term visitors via owners listing on Airbnb. I was always led to believe that 6 months lease was the minimum amount of lodging time that they would except. The security up till now was good well we have strangers in the building for short periods now and no CCTV on the individual floors.

If they are asking for proof of address for people already issued a one year extension (and obviously having their address accepted on issue), then it just adds to the bureaucracy, which they keep saying they are trying to decrease.

I went down to the lobby in my condo today Monday July 20th and immigration was there checking passports of the occupants. There was a guy with a visible badge in the lobby and I think 2 others were going floor to floor. They had what looked like a list under their arm. I asked the guy in the lobby where the correct address was to mail my 90 days and he said the new location sooo maybe somebody can post the correct and complete address. Also some are posting that proof of address is now being required for 90 days so anyone confirming that should post here even duplicates to give us a straw poll of what is happening. Also when mailing must we include this information as well??? I was really surprised to see this as I have been living here for 40 months now and 5 years in Thailand with no visit from immigration. They did not contact me via a visit at the door or a call on my mobile. Again I was surprised as the girls in the office do a great job of informing us that they require information for immigration. We are suddenly though getting new short term visitors via owners listing on Airbnb. I was always led to believe that 6 months lease was the minimum amount of lodging time that they would except. The security up till now was good well we have strangers in the building for short periods now and no CCTV on the individual floors.

Maybe they are looking for over stay people

Looking for more tea money

Let's keep all the information for the One Stop Service in a single topic to prevent fragmentation. Pinned topic here - Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

And 90 day reporting - 90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2015

BTW - I've been keeping my last 3BB bill for quite a while now in the chance that CM will start following what some other immigration offices have been reported to be doing. Though academic as I mail in but just in case anyway. smile.png

//edit - I posted a link to this topic as a heads up in the 90 day reporting experiences topic.

Archived