painting a 2 story house

rickthailand

There are some important parts to painting in Thailand: 1) you go to Home Depot and buy the supplies and paint yourself 2) you buy bamboo for scaffolding 3) you loan your pickup truck to the gardener.. or whoever will paint so that he will pick up the bamboo 4) you accept hiring the gardener's cousins, brothers, etc 4) you tell them that after painting, the bamboo belongs to them. 5) you make sure that you have lots of bottles of water available and plastic drop cloths 6) you explain that no drops on the plants, roof tiles, balconies or ground is acceptable. Also (6) you accept that you will have to buy two times as much paint because the painters are applying it straight from the can without watering it down. Now you will get a decent paint job that should last 5-8 years. How much? I can't remember how much I paid my Thai Yai gardener who can do everything well. Remember #1 and repeat it again and again. That is the only way you can prevent your painters from watering the paint and getting a paint job that washes off with the first rainy season.

I feel its important that you supply the paint,otherwise if

the painters supply the paint,it could be cheap paint,and

they would likely water the paint too much,to increase their

profit.plus you are going to need at least 2 coats,preparation important.

regards Worgeordie

100,000 THB for a small 2 story house on the beach Jomtien..Incl Labor 6 Men and dozens of cans of quality paint...

Wow I could have flown my old man over from the UK and had him do it cheaper including the cost of travel lol.

And I'm not kidding.

Let's break that down cost of paint 25,000 baht which is generous IMO.

75,000 Labour cost.

Edited by stoneyboy