Ex-Pheu Thai MP appeals govt's travel ban

webfact

Ex-Pheu Thai MP Appeals Junta’s Travel Ban
By Khaosod English

14392010851439201401l.jpg
Former Pheu Thai MP Wattana Muangsuk (right) and his lawyer (left) present a lawsuit seeking to overturn a travel ban imposed by the ruling junta to the Central Administrative Court in Bangkok on 23 July, 2015. The lawsuit was eventually dismissed, and today Wattana appealed the verdict. Photo: Matichon

BANGKOK — A top politician of the Pheu Thai Party today asked a court to overturn the junta’s ban on his overseas trips.

Former Pheu Thai MP Wattana Muangsuk, who was among more than 100 people prohibited from leaving Thailand by the military junta after it toppled the Pheu Thai-led government in May 2014, filed suit today at the Upper Administrative Court in Bangkok today to repeal the restriction.

“They may be afraid that I and other people will engage in malicious gathering in our overseas trip, but let me insist that if I were to really do that, I would not have formally asked for a permission in the first place,” Wattana said.

Most of those banned after the coup were Pheu Thai politicians such as Wattana, who are required to ask for permission from the regime if they wish to travel abroad. The junta rejected Wattana’s request in July without giving a specific rationale for the decision.

Wattana previously filed a similar lawsuit in the Central Administrative Court, which was dismissed by the judges.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1439201085

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-10

"Most of those banned after the coup were Pheu Thai politicians"

No coincidence either that most of the criminals come from the PTP side of the political divide.

Oh, yes, courts are biased, elites, grand conspiracy. What ever the flavour of the day is when it comes to excuses.

Excuses.....Without them the PTP would just be plain criminals. With them they are still guilty, but with a good reason to be.

No coincidence either that most of the criminals come from the PTP side of the political divide.

Oh, yes, courts are biased, elites, grand conspiracy. What ever the flavour of the day is when it comes to excuses.

Excuses.....Without them the PTP would just be plain criminals. With them they are still guilty, but with a good reason to be.

I read the full article and found nothing about criminal activity or any other reason given for the travel ban.

You have frequently claimed you have facts on your side. Care to explain what your facts are and the sources that support these facts?

“They may be afraid that I and other people will engage in malicious gathering in our overseas trip, but let me insist that if I were to really do that, I would not have formally asked for a permission in the first place,” Wattana said.

Oh my goodness. These people really have no idea when they are showing us their true self.

Someone should tell this dirty crony that he should consider himself lucky not to be in prison for abuse of power after the amnesty disgrace.

But neither the Court nor the NCPO offers any excuse for the travel ban.

By your criteria does that make the Court and the NCPO plain criminals as well?

They may be afraid that I and other people will engage in malicious gathering in our overseas trip, but let me insist that if I were to really do that, I would not have formally asked for a permission in the first place, Wattana said.

Oh my goodness. These people really have no idea when they are showing us their true self.

Someone should tell this dirty crony that he should consider himself lucky not to be in prison for abuse of power after the amnesty disgrace.

But he isnt in prison for anything. Has he at least been charged?

As for the amnesty, do i take it from your comments that dear general should also be in prison for granting himself amnesty? Whats good for the goose and all that.