Non Immigrant O Penang

Can anyone personally verify that a non Immigrant O multi entry visa can still be obtained from Thai embassy in Penang and:

- what documents are required (based on marriage to a thai national)

- if the 5pm airasia flight allows time enough to collect the passport the day after submitting

Thanks a bunch.

Someone who has done should answer soon but until then KL and Singapore are currently favored for multi entry. Penang has often balked at issue until they have issued you a visa before as they prefer to issue single entry and have you extend you stay with immigration. Documents have been marriage certificate, copy of wife id card, copy of her home register and for a better chance of multi entry a bank passbook with a good balance may help.

Can anyone personally verify that a non Immigrant O multi entry visa can still be obtained from Thai embassy in Penang and:

- what documents are required (based on marriage to a thai national)

- if the 5pm airasia flight allows time enough to collect the passport the day after submitting

Thanks a bunch.

Iam going to Penang Sunday and this is what I bring,recommended by the company that take me there.

1.Passport+copy

2.Idcard/passport copy from my wife and signed offcourse

3,Housepaper from wife.

4.foto for the visa.

5.marraigecertificate in original and copys and I guess signed by both.

6.copy of rentalcontract where you stay and should be contract minimum 1 year(Realy need??)

7.Copy off your bankbook of every page and the book with you in original(bigger chance to longer visa)??

I think that is all.If I forget anything so please let me know.

On B3 mil Fixed deposit Investor's visa will be unavailable after Oct 1. :

Who can say if after will be renewed???

Here's my How To Apply for it :

Go to Krung Thai Govt Savings Bank , Bank of Agriculture, Ratansin , Srinakorn, Nakhornluang, or the Housing Bank

and get a FIXED Deposit account of at least 3 million Baht . ( It pays 5% at Govt Sav Bank ) You'll need a Foreign Transaction Form and a Letter of Guarantee from the Branch Manager

It took 8 days for a wire from Bank of America to be processed into Thailand into my personal account at SCB so DO IT NOW

Greg at Sunbelt informed me that one has to already be in on a real visa, not VOA, in order to apply for the Investor's visa. And within 30 days of its expiration . That means a trip to an outside consulate.

- Go to an outside Thailand Consulate and VERY IMPORTANTLY get a 30 day TRANSIT visa, NOT multiple entry as one can only apply in the LAST 30 days of a visa's validity.

And be sure to take evidence of an airline ticket in and out of Thailand within that 30 days too !

You must apply in the morning before 12 noon

Called Singapore (65) 6 737 2644 on Friday afternoon to be sure it is open on Monday, Sept 25th ,2006

A woman, Ms. Pang , got very nasty when- after she asked , I told her I planned on applying for the 30 day transit vis with which to go for an investor's visa. She kept insisting I needed to, "Have a business" for transit . She even asked me what kind of business!! She was downright hostile, her disdain for, " Farang" palpable. " You can't just come in here get a visa!! We decide if you get one. " she told me.

( These types always get jobs where they can terrorize and control others in petty, mean ways, like trying to deny somebody a visa , over the phone,with absolutely no reason other than to harrass, because she's under stress.)

That " Transit" might mean transition, as in transistion to another visa which is how it written in the English version on the MFA website and not like say , mass transit on a bus or plane- wasn't in her program.

I kept trying to tell her I needed the Transit visa so as to only have 30 days because Non-Immig visa can only be applied for with the LAST 30 day of an existing visa. She hadn't a clue..

Finally I guess her supervisor came on, Ms. Phirinpra, whom I found slightly more amiable and far more knowledgleble.

She assured me I could get the Transit visa as long as I had a plane ticket in and out of Thailand to a 3 rd country- when I asked if I can book BACK to Singapore, but not a 3rd country. She said that would be OK too . Then she told me she didn't want to know my business when I tried to explain the 3 million in a Fixed Account as qualifying for Investor's Visa.

She touted the line that, " Abusers" of the VOA system were whom Immigration was trying to stop.

I told her I was one of the " Abusers" because I thought it was legal , at least until last week,!! Now supposedly up to Oct 1, 2006...

But of course I wanted to comply with the new law . I was anxious as I had only 7 days to SEE IF I would be living in Thailand as I wished or would be moving 4 horses in 33 days out of the country.

She didn't seemed concerned with the official Immigration statement that documentation of foreigners was what the new changes were about.. Does anyone know if I can apply at the Singapore consulate for the Investor's Visa??

I'm taking ALL my paperwork with me ....FBI file, free of 3rd stage syphillis test, etc. And the all important Leprosy!! Wheres that lung X- Ray fro advanced TB ???

A Medical certificate is needed , I got mine from a hospital in Thailand, get it notarized too at your consulate if you can..

btw I see nothing on the MFA website about fixed accounts as criteria for Investor's visas- only at Phuket Immig where the woman gave me the sheet of paper. On 3 separate visits I finally did get her to write her name on it though..K. Supit.

She recommended since she thought I was , " Beautiful, " I should just , " Get married to a Thai man! "

I didn't bother to explain to her that I really don't want to marry a prostitute.

Also the import license for my cats I brought from US in December and the receipt for my horses that I have to care for myself-

( Oooops, is scooping up my own horse's excrement without a work permit, illegal??) -

I have to care for my own horses because the boarding stable was a pony torture nightmare and my complaints got me evicted- better take that letter too. And the pictures of those suffering horses??

It'll take me months to find a location out of Thailand to move them and I'll have 29 days what an ungodly headache. My lease at the present location expiren on Nov 4th and I was literally minutes from signing on a 30 year 3.8 mil lease-

My Good Luck of Lammas!!!

I need a hero ..Does anyone have land w small home to lease in say, Malaysia?

But, IS Malaysia any better??

I think 2 weeks to change such a law, that no more Investor's Visas will be offered - that has such incredible impact on a person't life who researched the subject a year ago and sold everything to move here?

Is this more evidence that Thailand does not possess a mature government and apparently is prone to reactionism? Or was it simply election shenanagins?

But will the new govt be friendly to foreigners?

Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?