Heavy rain forecast in many parts of Thailand

webfact

Heavy rain forecast in many parts of Thailand

rain.jpg

BANGKOK, 13 August 2015 (NNT)-Heavy rain warnings remain in place in the North, South and East of Thailand at this time.

According to the Meteorological Department, a monsoon trough which is still lingering over the North and North East of the country, will bring precipitation to Thailand’s upper regions. Severe weather warnings have been issued for those living in Kamphaeng Phet, Phitsanulok and Tak provinces.

A southern westerly wind remains strong in the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand. Residents of Ranong, Phang Nga, Phuket and Krabi have been told to brace for heavy rain.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-13 footer_n.gif

I live by the Mae Wong national park in Khampaeng Phet province.

We have had rain every day this week, sometimes heavy and on Monday the government water finally came back on line after being shut off in mid January. Part of me wants this rain to continue for the rest of this year to fill the reservoirs, my fish pond and top up my drinking water, and the other part of me that has to go out and cut the grass and scrub down on more than 1 rai is saying "bugger off".

Not more bloody rain .. saai.gif

Need lots more rain

Or else could have a very severe drought

Next year

Exactly, unless there is a shed load more rain, next year is going to make this year look like a Tsunami! Next month is going to be the defining month for the North, we normally have all of the local klongs running at full flow and even backing up with excess water. This year, despite a few heavy rains all of the klongs near me are still almost dry.

If the rains do not pick up, just wait until next April.

We have had rain every day this week, sometimes heavy and on Monday the government water finally came back on line after being shut off in mid January. Part of me wants this rain to continue for the rest of this year to fill the reservoirs, my fish pond and top up my drinking water, and the other part of me that has to go out and cut the grass and scrub down on more than 1 rai is saying "bugger off".

Send some over to Khirrimat please, We get nothing here :( Driest monsoon season I can remember in 12 years.

Can you send some to us Bill we live in K.P.Phet town not had any rain for days. Unless you call the 15 Min: dribble we had last night rain.

I well the wife has been watering the flowers for weeks now.

Severe weather my Butt.

Edited by fredob43

Send some over to Khirrimat please, We get nothing here sad.png Driest monsoon season I can remember in 12 years.

I would love to. It has only happened here in the last few days and it seems to start about 5 pm most days.

Can you send some to us Bill we live in K.P.Phet town not had any rain for days. Unless you call the 15 Min: dribble we had last night rain.

I well the wife has been watering the flowers for weeks now.

Severe weather my Butt.

You had 31 mm at the KPP Met site on Tuesday and 77.2mm this month already. Last year there was 228 mm in August and 210 mm in August 2013.

You need to move and live beside the Met Office site in KPP.