Where Is The Value $$$

stu_$

would anyone like 2 share with me how much they pay in monthly rent ?

i am arriving in bkk on april 11 and havent sorted anythin for a bed yet ! (oh no)

umm, i would like to stay somewhere just out of central area , to the north..

is it petchaburi ? north of bangkok city centre ?

would like 1 bedroom to have aircon, sat tv , not luxury but nice ?

sorry to sound like a twit , but just realised im in a hurry for info

any recommendations or phone numbers would be much appreciated !

thanks in advance

stu_$

There is a place on Petchburi Soi 15 (opposite Pantip Plaza), Centre Point serviced apartments is opposite this building within the Soi itself. White building called Pratunam Prestige - I used to rent a studio der for 7.5K baht a month - had bathroom and tub and AC. Building is on a happening Soi too. BK and Swensens down da street, 7-11 round da corner, Internet cafe across da way, good thai restaurant, salon and massage parlor also on da soi. And oh yes a travel agency as well. It's not da best but it was a very good bargain for what U got. Mine came furnished as well but I don't think dat's standard - it may be up to each owner. Looked at a very spacious 2 bedroom also in da same building for 14k baht so I'm thinking a 1 bedroom may go for 10 or something. Now, I'm off Naratiwat renting a 2 bedroom for 26K. Expect pay anywhere between 18K to 22K for 1 bedroom in good condos and 23K to 35 K for 2 bedrooms in da same type. Really depends on location and building (like everywhere else I guess) Try www.thaiapartments.com to get a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...
would anyone like 2 share with me how much they pay in monthly rent ?

i am arriving in bkk on april 11 and havent sorted anythin for a bed yet ! (oh no)

umm, i would like to stay somewhere just out of central area , to the north..

is it petchaburi ? north of bangkok city centre ?

would like 1 bedroom to have aircon, sat tv , not luxury but nice ?

sorry to sound like a twit , but just realised im in a hurry for info

any recommendations or phone numbers would be much appreciated !

thanks in advance

stu_$

Look in the area of Tung Mahamek, a short distance from Sukhumvit, good area,close to shopping, near Silom Road, hospitals near by; everything one needs.(not to mention Pat Pong is in striking distance by foot or a 50 Baht Taxi ride). :o

oh and if you stay for more than a couple of months, you may consider to rent a place without the furniture...

the furniture of the furnished appts count very high on the monthly bill and not always to your taste :o

... while furniture is cheap in Thailand and widely available :D

in my case it was furnished and got to say that the owner did not have a bad taste, for once :D