Uk Settlement Visa

My thai wife has been traveling to the uk on a 2 year visit visa, but this will expire in march next year. So we have decided to apply for the settlement visa in January.

When we married in the uk she kept her maiden name, but will she have to change her ID card from Miss to Mrs before we apply for settlement?

Thanks for any help.

Paul & Pa

My wife asked at the local ampher if the ID must be changed from Miss to Mrs, they said it could stay as Miss.

Just hope that we will not run into any problems when applying for the settlement visa.

Thanks for your help.

Paul & Pa

Edited by paultiger1

My wife asked at the local ampher if the ID must be changed from Miss to Mrs, they said it could stay as Miss.

Just hope that we will not run into any problems when applying for the settlement visa.

Thanks for your help.

Paul & Pa

According to my legal papers the Amphur are not correct in Thai Law. Whilst I cannot copy my papers for copyright restrictions, check out www.phuketgazette.com/issuesanswers/details.asp?id=616

When we married in the uk she kept her maiden name, but will she have to change her ID card from Miss to Mrs before we apply for settlement?
I don't know about the requirements of Thai law, but as far as the UK is concerned, the answer is no. There is no requirement in UK law for a wife to take her husband's surname upon marriage.

Obviously, she will need to show that she is indeed married to you, but all that is required for this is the marriage certificate.

Her still having her maiden name in her passport etc. will not cause any problems with an application for a UK visa.