Shirts

serendipityfox

Frankly, i have found some mighty nice shirts, even made in USA, Italy, Hong Kong, etc, at CM thrift shops. Nice cotton, short sleeves and long, interesting patterns and fits. I mean, for under a hundred baht, if it fits your body and your tastes, how could you go wrong? Of course, if yours in an outsized body perhaps the tailor (tentmaker) is needed.

Frankly, i have found some mighty nice shirts, even made in USA, Italy, Hong Kong, etc, at CM thrift shops. Nice cotton, short sleeves and long, interesting patterns and fits. I mean, for under a hundred baht, if it fits your body and your tastes, how could you go wrong? Of course, if yours in an outsized body perhaps the tailor (tentmaker) is needed.

I get to CM maybe once a week. I like to browse around thrift stores but have yet to see any. Probably because I don't read Thai. Can you recommend a few? Or how to find them? Edited by slerickson

I get to CM maybe once a week. I like to browse around thrift stores but have yet to see any. Probably because I don't read Thai. Can you recommend a few? Or how to find them?

There is a lineup of them on the west side of Assadathorn St just north of Royal Peninsula Hotel. Just south of major intersection at Rattanakosin Rd. Don't expect air conditioned comfort. It's just a huge shed. Got lots of interesting item, and many more UN-interesting ones. Good prices, and some hidden gems.

It's National Op Shop Week in Australia this week. I can't quite imagine such a week in Thailand. Trying to stretch the Earth's finite resources a little by wearing recycled clothes is not popular in this country.

There used to be a huge thrift shop on Hang Dong Road, about 150 meters before the turn off into Airport Central, heading North into Chiang Mai. It closed about a year ago. Does anybody know if the shop relocated or did it simply stop doing business?

I went to Worowat and on the second floor? Possibly third in a corner on the side with the ramps is a cloth place.....About 3 years ago I bought several different color/materials 2 meters for each shirt and had a seamstress make copying the type/style/sized shirt of a favorite....

I had around 20 shirts made that are still going strong today - some for day & some for evening.....I remember paying the seamstress 4000B at completion.....

Plus the cost of the material/cloth I bought.....

Polo style with the Thai (baseball) collars with 3 faux buttons below the neck opening and small slits on the sides at the bottom so can be worn tucked or untucked.....

Whenever back in the states I'm constantly asked where I got them as folks like the materials/look/cut/colors and patterns......

Should be doing this again pretty soon as this time the wife wants to match a few up for herself....

She's been real pleased with the quality and durability.....

Edited by pgrahmm