Law being inforced.

Eddy B

Last night I was sitting at my Thai friends bar and he told me that now all bars must be closed by 12am. Police and army together are supposedly coming around and checking. He also said 2 bars in a neighboring province have been shutdown for 5 years because they failed to close on time and also some one younger than 20 but over 18 was caught on the premises. My friend is taking this very seriously but I was wondering if anyone had heard of this crackdown happening where they are, it has usually been very relaxed around here in the north part of Thailand.

Stupid laws get enforced.....

Make regulations which bars need to close at midnight (close to living areas) which bars can open 24/7 because no noise can disturb someone.

Age: make 16 but they need to be at home at 11PM. 17 at midnight, 18 no limits.

20 is crazy. Some have already 3 children but can't drink a beer....

Make regulations which bars need to close at midnight (close to living areas) which bars can open 24/7 because no noise can disturb someone.

So do you think kids drinking are more or less likely to have unwanted children?

More or less likely to dump their bike?

More or less likely to do well in school?

More or less likely to perform well at their jobs?

Just heard some more new info. Supposedly now the 300 metre no alcohol rule around schools has increased to 1km and also includes hospitals. My wife just told me as she was in a meeting earlier at her workplace, which is a newly opened open air shopping center and they are worried as they have a bar on site. She even stopped at the 7/11 across from the hospital where we live and they are clearing their beer stocks from the fridge.

Last night I was sitting at my Thai friends bar

Where was that?

Horrifying news. 7/11 clearing their beer stocks. The end of the world is coming.

Just that I can not remember the slightest trace of it in the news sources that I scan quite frequently wink.png

Last night I was sitting at my Thai friends bar

Where was that?

Horrifying news. 7/11 clearing their beer stocks. The end of the world is coming.

Just that I can not remember the slightest trace of it in the news sources that I scan quite frequently wink.png

I can only tell you what I have been told by Thai people. One being a friend of mine for over 9 years and my wife of 6 years. Not all new regulations are in English and that's why it is not known to most of us non-Thai's. I am only passing on what I heard, so please, do not shoot the messenger. BTW, it is only 7/11's within the radius of schools and hospitals not all 7/11's.

Edited by Eddy B

Just heard some more new info. Supposedly now the 300 metre no alcohol rule around schools has increased to 1km and also includes hospitals. My wife just told me as she was in a meeting earlier at her workplace, which is a newly opened open air shopping center and they are worried as they have a bar on site. She even stopped at the 7/11 across from the hospital where we live and they are clearing their beer stocks from the fridge.

There is currently no change to the alcohol prohibition.

it is 300 Mtr from University's and Technical colleges.

I'm amazed we survived.

When I was a young pup, we didn't have 7-11's open 24/7. We had to buy our beer at the supermarket. And they closed at 8:00 PM. And we couldn't buy beer on Sundays, anywhere. And bars closed at midnight (later 2:00 AM, and I don't recall that bringing a quantum improvement in the quality of life), and the last call light flashed half an hour before that.

Yet, we rarely went without... We just planned better than we have to plan nowadays.

Today, the people who want our money do all the planning. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Edited by impulse

So do you think kids drinking are more or less likely to have unwanted children?

you ask the wrong questions:

Do you think some laws that can't be enforced stop the kids from drinking?

Getting used to it in an open transparent way is worse than drinking secret everything they can get their hands on?

Does banning things work well with narcotics or with alcohol in the prohibition?

In my countries kids usually start with 14 and there are almost non of the problems existing. Because getting drunk is simply not that interesting, actually between funny and disgusting when they see it at others. For sure it is not a sign for being grown up.

And well I never heard that you get pregnant from drinking.....

It up to each franchise of the RTP what laws are enforced and when. Things to take into consideration like how much the particular franchise costs to rent per posting and size and models of houses and cars that the big whig needs.....The poor guys need to , in most cases need to pay back huge loans for there precient/franchise........If they fail in the payments they dont last long.....much like there organized Italian Americans used to be before R.I.C.O. reared its ugly head. Well at least here there is nothing that even remotley resembles R.I.C.O.

Getting used to it in an open transparent way is worse than drinking secret everything they can get their hands on?

Does banning things work well with narcotics or with alcohol in the prohibition?

In my countries kids usually start with 14 and there are almost non of the problems existing. Because getting drunk is simply not that interesting, actually between funny and disgusting when they see it at others. For sure it is not a sign for being grown up.

I think by and large, most people generally obey the law.

Why not eliminate the age requirement all together?

You can't enforce laws against rape & murder, it that a good excuse to make rape & murder legal?

I never said drinking makes people pregnant. That's something you made up.

I think by and large, most people generally obey the law.

Why not eliminate the age requirement all together?

You can't enforce laws against rape & murder, it that a good excuse to make rape & murder legal?

I never said drinking makes people pregnant. That's something you made up.

you think kids don't drink or smoke because they obey the law? I am already far away from being young but I still remember that we tried to do everything that was forbidden......

Eliminate the age requirement all together and let it in the responsibility of the parents would be a thing we could discuss about. Actually it is strange that a Yingluck, Prayut or Samak decide what and when we can drink. Should be our own responsibility and for children it should be the parents who decide, not some government.

Rape & murder: the country/society protects individuals against not wanted violence from others.

Drinking: the country tries to protect people against their own will with no damage to others.

You can't compare these.

You argued that teenager who drink are more likely to get unwanted pregnancy.....Not my idea...

Is "inforced" even a word???? Hopefully the grammar police won't come out "in force" to ensure that English grammar is "enforced"!

looks like the grammar police have already entered the post. Didn't take long

There is currently no change to the alcohol prohibition.

it is 300 Mtr from University's and Technical colleges.

I thought that was put on hold for 6 months.

There are many, many, many, and many restaurants selling beer and alcohol within a 300 mtr radius from my university in Bangkok. Some as close as 20 mtrs!

Good idea

Ban alcohol sales in the whole of Thailand. It won't make any difference. Alcohol will still be readily available to those that want it.

0nn7Q.png

Is "inforced" even a word???? Hopefully the grammar police won't come out "in force" to ensure that English grammar is "enforced"!

looks like the grammar police have already entered the post. Didn't take long
Edited by tailspin