Australian father hires former commando’s to grab his daughter in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ex special forces Australia is a breed of there own........The Thai Army can only dream

Theres no oh sorry he left the country the CCTV was not working my Som Tum is going cold LOL

Real men doing the real job

Congratulations and I never trust one word they ever say

Its very easy to walk into Cambodia without going through immigration or crossing any rivers (well maybe a stream or 2) if you know where to go in Buri Ram - And know where to avoid the landmines. A (now ex) brother-in-law took me through once (he was an ex Thai army officer) an interesting treck on a well known to the locals smuggling path (army shut eyes, etc). I can't make up my mind about this case, I have seen both sides of the story, bad farang husbands and bad Thai wives. But I have noticed that many Thai girls in Europe have no faith in the police/authorities siding with them against farang husbands and just run away from confrontational situations they are not able to cope with. I hope in this case the girl is happy in Australia and maybe the mother will get to visit.

Edited by MiKT

Its very easy to walk into Cambodia without going through immigration or crossing any rivers (well maybe a stream or 2) if you know where to go in Buri Ram - And know where to avoid the landmines. A (now ex) brother-in-law took me through once (he was an ex Thai army officer) an interesting treck on a well known to the locals smuggling path (army shut eyes, etc). I can't make up my mind about this case, I have seen both sides of the story, bad farang husbands and bad Thai wives. But I have noticed that many Thai girls in Europe have no faith in the police/authorities siding with them against farang husbands and just run away from confrontational situations they are not able to cope with. I hope in this case the girl is happy in Australia and maybe the mother will get to visit.

How would anyone know where all the landmines that were laid 40 years ago are while walking through a jungle with bad visibility?

You won't know you've stood on one until you are missing a leg...

There has to be more to this story???

Like, what kind of travel documents allowed the girl and commandos to exit LOS and enter Oz?

Seems like you did not read the story fully .They crossed by river into Lao ,not going through a Thai border post .Is that clear enough for you ?I doubt it though as you seem quite thick headed .lol

Edited by anto

How would anyone know where all the landmines that were laid 40 years ago are while walking through a jungle with bad visibility?

You won't know you've stood on one until you are missing a leg...

well actually, as I said, it was a path well known to the locals and to the Thai army and incidentally the Cambodian army as they were not fighting at this time (1996) just cooperating to make a Baht or two on the side, so I took his word for it and I am still here with both legs. I also took his word not to stray off the path! It would not be a surprise to me if several illigal crossing points are still operating. Also I understand that many mines along the border have been cleared now - has to be some use for Norwegians - but I am not going out on my own to find out. Anyway, I would have thought it would be relatively easy for these real tough SAS guys to find the right people to show them the way. Probably got all the possible paths built into their just in case GPS's. But walking in from Cambodia would be hard work. I have just seen they supposedly crossed the Meecon, no doubt in collapsible rubber coated cannoos in the dead of night. 555. Na I expect they just drove in and out of Lao with the girls Aus passport or a borrowed Thai passport - you know how it is, all Thai kids look the same! Edited by MiKT

First of all never jump to judgement in any marriage problems.

This days we can see to many cases where woman have to many rights against man...

Usually it happens that man do not have equal rights towards child custody.

However in this case mother just did ugly step as many others to run.

We do not know anything about this family and any case or possibly anything against father in eyes of Australian law where he could be find as violent man or bad father.

As for the mother we can only guess how good was she as a mother taking such steps.

Any argues can be resolved between reasonable couples to allow child to have bond to both parents.

Unfortunately mother used he basic feelings and that's only thing can only be judged but still it is not known her story either. ..

Personally I can only say that she could not be much educated allowing to have her daughter to grow in some poor condition and with old people as grandmother not have any bright future at all.

Question only is why she left her daughter and where did she go and what reason..?

For me there is not good enough any reason compare to other solutions which she could choose being in Australia.

She just had a big power over her husband back there in Australia as a woman but she choose to run.

Knowing what future this child could have it is highly predictable in Thailand with single mother who could not afford to keep here daughter and be supporting herself and her daughter.

There is thousands cases like that where kids never can have future to have even decent education with both parents not to mention single mother.

She just made most stupid move to run .

If she really loved her daughter she could solve her daughter future in Australian soil and she still could go to Thailand as she wishes.

As a for the father ...He did what his heart told him to do...

Best to see if his daughter is happy....

He's a fair age - what will happen to her when he's not around? Will she have contact with the mum when she's older?

It will be all up to her.

Her mother choose to run having a big power over her husband as a women in Australia.

But Mom took law in own hands and choose to run..... to unknown future for her daughter not to mention leaving her daughter in strange world for her...

Yes , as for the child it was strange world .She grew up in different world.

Edited by gigman

One is often shocked when they don't have a clue. So the message he sends his one day adult daughter, if the going gets tough, break the law.

He'd do anything for her, but man up and make the marriage work. How do you do that? Keep your criminal mouth shut. He's probably one of the haters that often besmirch Thailand and Thai people.

I fought in a war next to brave Australian men. This bozo wasn't one of them.

He is a radio interview with the father. Listen to him and then make up your mind.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2015/08/brisbane-man-used-ex-soldiers-to-rescue-his-daughter-from-thailand.html

Thanks for this. I wasn't sure about the rights and wrongs of this till listened to the interview. The father's sincerity, goodness and love comes through clearly.

In view of The Hague Convention mentioned earlier, it would seem the father has not broken the law in Oz. That would explain why the daughter was likely issued a new Oz passport. It also looks like Thai and Lao law were broken in taking the across two borders. But I'd say, in this case, <deleted> 'em.

The child is probably better off. Good luck to father and daughter.

T

Assuming she had a passport, what law has been broken crossing from Thailand into Lao?

T

Many laws were broken and this criminal minded creep will dread the day he did this, more than he dreads the day he was born.

There has to be more to this story???

I agree. How, for example, did they get her through Thai immigration and what PP did they use? If she was returned to her dad in Australia they would've had to have presented her Australian PP at immigration? Very interesting story that does raise many so far unanswered questions like did her mum call the police et al?

He is a radio interview with the father. Listen to him and then make up your mind.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2015/08/brisbane-man-used-ex-soldiers-to-rescue-his-daughter-from-thailand.html

Thanks for this. I wasn't sure about the rights and wrongs of this till listened to the interview. The father's sincerity, goodness and love comes through clearly.

In view of The Hague Convention mentioned earlier, it would seem the father has not broken the law in Oz. That would explain why the daughter was likely issued a new Oz passport. It also looks like Thai and Lao law were broken in taking the across two borders. But I'd say, in this case, <deleted> 'em.

The child is probably better off. Good luck to father and daughter.

T

Assuming she had a passport, what law has been broken crossing from Thailand into Lao?

T

Many laws were broken and this criminal minded creep will dread the day he did this, more than he dreads the day he was born.

Not too make it too tough for you, just sight one law that was broken, no need to list them all.

The only looser in this story is the child.

Both parents are wrong, people that use children as bargaining chips in marriage disputes are selfish, ignorant and have no regard for the child at all.

There should be laws and harsh penalties for this type of thing.

Hiring a gang of mercenaries to forcibly remove a child from its mother would have to be the most horrifying ordeal then to be smuggled out of the country.

Very sad to see that we have people on the forum siding for and against but unable to see the wood from the trees, very sad.

I don't know why the wife left with the daughter (nor do you all), but I hardly think abduction is the right word to describe it. On the other hand, hiding outside the child's home, grabbing her and smuggling her out of the country ILLEGALLY - now THAT seems more like an act of abduction.

I’m working to make sure she’s rehabilitated back into Australian life. what does that mean???????

being stuck in that horrible place.’

is Thailand really is that horrible??

I am glad he's got his daughter back. His (ex) wife abducted their child and hid her in a remote Thai village. Pure evil and egoism on part of the wife has led to this poor child being the center of their marital disputes. This kid has already lost 2 years of her precious (should be carefree) youth, trying to cope with the loss of her father and now will to cope with the loss of her mother.

Whatever the relationship between the parents was, children should never become the tools or weapons to use against each other. This kid belongs rightfully in Australia and the mother and father had to work out a solution first. The mother, clearly in the wrong, choose the break the laws and the hearts of the child and the father. Based on the information here, on the CALI page and the radio interview, I can only conclude: som na na for the mother.

As a father of 2 princesses myself, I also would move earths and heavens to get them back.

I don't know why the wife left with the daughter (nor do you all), but I hardly think abduction is the right word to describe it. On the other hand, hiding outside the child's home, grabbing her and smuggling her out of the country ILLEGALLY - now THAT seems more like an act of abduction.

I’m working to make sure she’s rehabilitated back into Australian life. what does that mean???????

Taking your child to another country out of reach of your partner and without the consent of your partner with the intention of never returning is 100% abduction. No matter how you try to spin this.

Do you think should be allowed to take my children to Europe without consent of my Thai wife and stay there? According to your logic I should.

Edited by SoilSpoil

Listen to the radio interview posted, absolutley marvelous , the guys obviously a level headed caring individual who has done what had to be done......... Finally a win for a FARANG in La la Land......... Too many Thai women play this nasty little emotional game with children....... 1-0.........

The only looser in this story is the child.

Both parents are wrong, people that use children as bargaining chips in marriage disputes are selfish, ignorant and have no regard for the child at all.

There should be laws and harsh penalties for this type of thing.

Hiring a gang of mercenaries to forcibly remove a child from its mother would have to be the most horrifying ordeal then to be smuggled out of the country.

Very sad to see that we have people on the forum siding for and against but unable to see the wood from the trees, very sad.

Forcibly remove - what at gun point or was it only necessary to use a really really big knife, and it took a gang of mercenaries to carry out the exercise. Think you have been in the sun too long or too long on the turps.

Edited by Artisi

Please explain, no need to go into a great deal of detail - just the bare facts will do, why is removing her from the country into which she had been illegally brought without permission of her father --- illegal?

Edited by Artisi

Ok I stand corrected But still side with mother If child was born in Thailand then Thai national if she was born in Australia Then Australian national If courts in country of birth gave custody to father Then I will side with father But to little information to prove either story or justify eithers actions. But in the end the picture shows child is happy. Good she is out of mudhutville Thailand eating bugs or being pimped out by Mom.

Edited by Strangebrew

There are two sides to every story ... why did the wife leave with the daughter in the first place ?

Also, ask the daughter who she would like to stay with ?

the court may consider the wishes of the child but the fitness-unfitness of either parent and better future for the child needs to be decided by the court. its the same reasoning behind not allowing 7 year olds to vote, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes or decide they do not like to go to school. also very common for a parent to teach the child to lie.

so a standard low level thai mother from the village teaches the child to lie as the family is thinking about molding her preparing her to be the future income source, and i need not elaborate on how the income will be made.

following your line of reasoning children should be allowed to smoke, drink, dropout of school because it is what they want.

i would say the thai girls in developed countries realize the the law will not be biased in their favor as it would in thailand as they know their own system.

unless you have decided to personally rewrite legal definitions or laws regarding child abduction why not simply research it online first so at least you will not be speaking out of ignorance.