History of the AUD/USD rate

If I was to convert my AUD to USD I would be out of pocket big time as around 3 years ago I converted from USD to AUD when the rates were almost even. The interest rate then was 5.5% but my plan has backfired.

230,000.00 AUD = 161,007.92 USD Australian Dollar [emoji662] US Dollar 1 AUD = 0.700034 USD 1 USD = 1.42850 AUD

English is my third language IF. please explain (use simple wording) why you would be "out of pocket big time" by converting AUD into USD.

This is the deal.

On 2012 I converted around $230K USD to AUD, the exchange rate was near 1 to 1 so I ended up with around 230K AUD. The reason I converted was because the TD rate for the AUD was over 5%, while the TD rate for USD was almost zero.

So if I convert back to USD I will receive around 161K USD, and if I continue with the TD the rate as of now is around 2.30%

Well now your stuck arnt you? The AU isn't going anywhere soon, and will be a long time before if ever it hits parity with US, smart people would have been buying and holding US$.

If you don't need the money leave it where it is, you could spend some of it on blue chip Aussie shares, move some to US if exchange rate improves, really this sort of thing is to be expected nothing stays the same for long.

Just wait until the dust has settled on the 50 to 60 percent crash in the australian residential property market. You will then be able to buy three or four rental properties in Oz with your 230K.

Are you Aussie?

We have dips in property but they always bounce back, property doubles every 7 to 10 years in value, yes where in the poos but so is everyone else, there won't be any deserted Detriots in AU and for a lot of reasons.

This country has a lot of growth in it, population of less than 25 million in an area the size of the USA, as it is there is a shortage of houses lot of nonsense in Australian home affordability we maybe in the top 10 but no where near the top.