Chiang Mai police hunt for farang man filmed hanging off the back of a tuk-tuk

webfact

Chiang Mai police hunt for farang man filmed hanging off the back of a tuk-tuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Xe8uBwwak

CHIANG MAI:-- Police are trying to trace a foreign man who was filmed clinging onto the back of a tuk tuk as it drove at high speed through the streets of Chiang Mai.

The video clip, which has gone viral, has been widely reported on Thai news and social media sites.

Chiang Mai police have spoken to the tuk tuk driver who told them that he picked up the foreigner, who apparently wanted to be taken to a massage shop, in the early hours of Tuesday morning (Sept 15), close to the city’s popular Night Bazaar.

Whilst travelling to the massage shop, the driver says he was cut up on the road by a motorbike, causing the tuk tuk to swerve dangerously. As the driver swerved to avoid colliding with the motorbike, the foreigner fell out of the side of the tuk tuk.

Despite the driver apologising to the foreigner and offering to take him to the massage parlour for free, the now angry foreigner demanded to be taken to the police station.

An argument began and as the tuk tuk driver started to drive away, the foreigner grabbed onto the back of the tuk tuk.

The tuk tuk driver continued to drive away as the foreigner was shouting, demanding to be taken to the police.

The video clip was filmed by a passer by a short time later.

Police have so far been unable to trace the foreign man but want to speak to him so that the incident can be properly investigated.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-17

THE TUK TUK DRIVER COULD OF KILLED HIM BY DRIVING ON ! The driver should have stopped where he swerved and called the police right there.

"Hi police. I was scammed by a Tuk-Tuk. I can't remember. I think it said Thailand on the front."

"We'll get right on it."

THE TUK TUK DRIVER COULD OF KILLED HIM BY DRIVING ON ! The driver should have stopped where he swerved and called the police right there.

"Hi police. I was scammed by a Tuk-Tuk. I can't remember. I think it said Thailand on the front."

"We'll get right on it."

Where does the "scamming" bit come from?

So the first thought of the Thai guy filming, when he catches up to the tuktuk, is to the ask the driver if the farang has paid his fare yet - (jaai dang yung) then they have a mini chat about that

Unreal

Edited by jspill

...and the police would have come instantly. Where are you living?

If the smell of money is in the air they will come. It will be all the foreigners fault for putting to much weight on the one side of the tuk tuk causing it to swerve. The tuk tuk driver had ear plugs in and could not hear the foreigner yelling "Take me to the police" Need I say more.

"We'll get right on it."

Where does the "scamming" bit come from?

Agree - he didnt scam him, tuk tuk driver "only" tried to kill him by driving of with the drunk foreigner hanging on ...

• 2 weeks later...

...and the police would have come instantly. Where are you living?

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away... dry.png