Visa Requirement

Hi Guys

I am 48 from the UK and coming to Thailand to live with my Thai girlfriend, I am wishing to stay for a least 18 months but since the change in visa requirements I think this may be difficult, can you help with the following.

1. How do I stay in Thailand for an inderinite period if I arrive on a tourist visa for 1 month.

2.Do I need to but a return air ticket to the Uk to show I am eventually leaving the country.

Look forward to hearing

Regards

Kevin44

Hi Guys

I am 48 from the UK and coming to Thailand to live with my Thai girlfriend, I am wishing to stay for a least 18 months but since the change in visa requirements I think this may be difficult, can you help with the following.

1. How do I stay in Thailand for an inderinite period if I arrive on a tourist visa for 1 month.

2.Do I need to but a return air ticket to the Uk to show I am eventually leaving the country.

Look forward to hearing

Regards

Kevin44

1. you cannot stay legal

2. must buy a returnticket , or third country ticket

3 you can stay when

1.1 you get married ,and bring money,money,money, what you loose

1.2 make overstay,like tenthousends of people starting next year

First of all... why don't you get a 60 day tourist visa BEFORE you leave UK?

Then you will have some time here to figure out your next move. AND you won't have to show a return or onward ticket.

Hope this helps.

'nuff said

~

Edited by 'nuff said

Hi Guys

Look forward to hearing

Regards

Kevin44

The scenario you propose isn't workable ....

however ... if you go to your nearest Honorary Thai Consulate you can discuss your options for moving here to live with your GF :o

Hi Guys

Look forward to hearing

Regards

Kevin44

The very minimum you should do is secure a 'real' Tourist Visa which will allow you a stay of 60 days and the possibility of extending for a further 30 days. You may be able to get a mutiple entry Tourist Visa. :D

You could alternatively apply for a multiple entry Non-Immigrant 'O' visa, but I have no idea what your chances are.

Much may depend on where you apply: Hull?

Perhaps you should give them a call.

Good luck. :o

Apply for a 12 month multiple entry Non- Immigrant "o" visa from thai consulate in new street Birmingham will cost you 90 pounds. Call them(Carl is very helpful) he will send you the forms. Return the forms with your passport, the fee and three days later you will have you visa.

Then next year do it again then you will be 50 so you can go onto a retirement visa.

By this time you may even marry if so get a marriage visa. SIMPLE