Visa On Arrival ( With Overstay ) Or Tourist Visa ?

Hi , i always go to thailand for 1 month . So far it allways went right with gettin out of the country on the last day with a visa on arrival . Now for next time i shall be having 1 day overstay for a voa . Normally i should apply for a 2 month tourist visa but that is more paperwork and costs a lot more then a voa with 1 day overstay ( 500 bath ) . I do not want trouble and my ticket is booked and payed , so they cn be very sure i'm out of the country 1 day too late. Is that a problem or can i just go with voa. and then go to immigration office together with the ticket and pay the fine ???? PS : i'm from Belgium so the VOA rules still apply ... i think ...

I think I saw it posted at the (old) airport that a one-day overstay is not charged. It is still noted as an overstay, but not charged.

Be certain you are calculating your days correctly, too. Your arrival date is day #1, even if you arrive at 2230h (1130pm).

I think I saw it posted at the (old) airport that a one-day overstay is not charged. It is still noted as an overstay, but not charged.

Be certain you are calculating your days correctly, too. Your arrival date is day #1, even if you arrive at 2230h (1130pm).

So i won't be in any trouble then and just go like this . Actually my first day of arrival is at around 7am and i'm leaving the country on day 31 at .... 2:30 AM .... maybe with the new airport being open they open the check-in earlier as they did before so i can get through costums before midnight ... :D . Otherwise , like it has always been for me it is at 00:30 or 1:00 am before i get to the costum area ... so i won't get trouble .... thx ...

I contacted the Thai ebassy here and they also said to me that they do not know what is the best option for me but there won't be any trouble ... she thought :o . So i just take the guess and go the airport early hoping to get through before midnight .... thx ...

Pyros, the only correct advice is: “do not overstay!”

Without a visa, you get permission to stay for 30 days, not one month. For example, if you arrive on 12 October and you leave on 13 November, you overstay three days. Fine: 1,500 Baht. More, if existing rules are applied more strictly.

Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with permission expired or revoked shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both.

Source: Immigration Act

Get a tourist visa! The paperwork won’t kill you.

---------------

Maestro

When it is really day 31 that you are leaving 02.30 am

- check if you can do an (early) check-in on day 30 to pass immigration before 12.00 pm

- if not possible check with immigration on arriving if you can report to immigration at airport on day 30

When it is really day 31 that you are leaving 02.30 am

- check if you can do an (early) check-in on day 30 to pass immigration before 12.00 pm

- if not possible check with immigration on arriving if you can report to immigration at airport on day 30

It is the date of scheduled flight departure that counts, not the date of presentation of the passport at the immigration counter.

---------------

Maestro

THX for the replies .

I know that overstaying is not good . It is however indeed 31 days , leaving on the 31st day . I'll be arriving on the 21st october and leaving on 20th november . I just take the gamble and go to immigration once i'm inside thailand , let's say after 2 or 3 weeks holiday . Probably they fine me for 500 bath , not really a problem i guess . Even the lady from the embassy said to me that she did not really know what the best thing is for me .... so i go with the flow .... no problem i hope ... i'm a relaxed person and if you just go to them in a humble way they probably be very willing to help you .... together with the 500 bath ...

THX for the replies .

I know that overstaying is not good . It is however indeed 31 days , leaving on the 31st day . I'll be arriving on the 21st october and leaving on 20th november . I just take the gamble and go to immigration once i'm inside thailand , let's say after 2 or 3 weeks holiday . Probably they fine me for 500 bath , not really a problem i guess . Even the lady from the embassy said to me that she did not really know what the best thing is for me .... so i go with the flow .... no problem i hope ... i'm a relaxed person and if you just go to them in a humble way they probably be very willing to help you .... together with the 500 bath ...

bst to get a visa ahead of time. If you are caught in thailand on an overstay you will be deported. even for one day. Why take the risk.